Author Topic: How to Fix Illegal Immigration Without a Wall or Mass Deportations  (Read 954 times)

rangerrebew

How to Fix Illegal Immigration Without a Wall or Mass Deportations

Posted to Politics September 29, 2016 by Daniel Griswold

The two major presidential candidates are poles apart in their approach to immigration, but neither has a credible plan to end illegal immigration and restore order to the border.

Hillary Clinton favors legalization and eventual citizenship for most of the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States, but she has no convincing solution to end future illegal immigration. Donald Trump wants to deport or deny legalization to most of the current immigrants living here illegally, and he proposes to reduce the future inflow by building a massive wall along the U.S.-Mexican border. Both plans are bound to fail.

Trump’s ill-considered plan to muster a “deportation force” and expel everyone living illegally in the United States was never credible. Hunting down and deporting millions of people would be an economic and humanitarian disaster. It would tear families apart, disrupt important sectors of the U.S. economy, and cost taxpayers billions of dollars.

http://www.insidesources.com/how-to-fix-illegal-immigration-without-a-wall-or-mass-deportations/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:58:17 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: How to Fix Illegal Immigration Without a Wall or Mass Deportations
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:04:39 pm »
You would have to have a good vetting process and a program to ensure people are renewing their visas, enrolling in a program towards citizenship or make that a condition of the visas. And to actually deport individuals who aren't fulfilling the conditions.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:04:44 pm »
Enforce the law to begin with.

Enforce it at the border and enforce it in the workplace.
Enforce it at traffic stops and in the welfare line.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:08:11 pm »

I agree with that. I think they are talking about expanding the visa program which I can agree with.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 04:38:08 am »

@Cripplecreek
In 1986 we implemented the I-9 verification, this was supposed to eliminate those here illegally from the workforce by insuring only properly documented applicants were hired, but employers aren't document experts and there were some damn good forgeries out there along with official documents provided for a fee by corrupt state and federal employees, add to that the fact that social security was very slow in notifying an employer that there was a problem. As soon as an employee was terminated for bad documents they just moved on down the road and started all over again.

In 1997 the next solution, E-Verify was implemented to enhance the non results that were achieved by the I-9 system and has maintained the same awesome level of functionality.

Letting more people across the border under a visa system is not the answer, we are already flooded with more unskilled, ignorant workers than we can absorb. The answer is precisely as you stated, enforce the laws we have now. However all of these illegals procreate as quickly as possible so as to have U.S. Citizen anchors for the dual purposes of added income and a bar to deportation.