Author Topic: Alabama justice off bench for defying feds on gay marriage  (Read 1645 times)

Offline unknown

Alabama justice off bench for defying feds on gay marriage
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:41:42 pm »

Alabama justice off bench for defying feds on gay marriage

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/30/alabama-justice-off-bench-for-defying-feds-on-gay-/ 

KIM CHANDLER
September 30, 2016

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore has been suspended for the rest of his term for defying federal gay marriage rulings.

The punishment effectively removes Moore from office, without the court officially ousting him. The nine-member Alabama Court of the Judiciary handed down the punishment Friday after ruling Moore had violating standards of judicial ethics.

.. snip ..

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Alabama justice off bench for defying feds on gay marriage
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 04:55:04 pm »
Still same crazy old Roy Moore!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 05:07:21 pm »
I'm going to write in Roy Moore for President if I am still allowed to write in any name.

For the record, Roy Moore is right.  Alabama, like many other states, has a state marriage amendment.  The result will likely be that it is overturned by the Supreme Court's decision.  To order it done would be jumping the gun.  The people of Alabama voted for that amendment.  They are entitled to ride it out until the rogue SCOTUS officially orders it otherwise.  But liberals love to cheat.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 05:07:46 pm »

He is right. 

RAT Patrol

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 05:10:51 pm »
SCOTUS:  We now pronounce you wife, wife, and male sex toy required for your union.

It is the SCOTUS members who forced deviancy on all who are crazy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 05:25:01 pm »

What's so crazy? 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 05:34:04 pm »
And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark—the name of the beast or the number of its name. - Revelation 13:16-17

Or - as I would translate it in this application:

And the second tyrannical ideology requires all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave to think and act exactly like the Beast tells them to, so that no one is able to make a living unless he thinks and acts politically correct, in the name of progressive social justice… for the children… and the homosexuals…and transgendered…and all deviants everywhere.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 05:34:30 pm »
What's so crazy?
Apparently, his regard for the U.S. Constitution.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 02:09:05 am »
One of the few truly moral people sitting on the bench and they throw him off for being upright and God-fearing?

What is wrong with Alabama's Judicial Commission?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 02:23:10 am »
One of the few truly moral people sitting on the bench and they throw him off for being upright and God-fearing?

What is wrong with Alabama's Judicial Commission?

Moore refuses to obey the law.  Imagine that.  A judge kicked out for not obeying the law.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 02:45:05 am »
Moore had his fiery furnace moment.

And while God did not save his career, he will hear the words 'Well done good and faithful servant".

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 02:46:54 am »
Apparently, his regard for the U.S. Constitution.  **nononono*

Yup.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 03:13:32 am »
Next time you hear about a judge throwing out a law, remember this is only okay if its a liberal judge

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 03:20:16 am »
Next time you hear about a judge throwing out a law, remember this is only okay if its a liberal judge

This is a very insightful post.  But, then, I think most of your posts are very insightful.  Glad you're on here as much as you are.

@geronl
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:20:46 am by sinkspur »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 03:30:04 am »
Every contentious issue must be settled at one time. According to the U.S. Constitution, the SCOTUS gets to be the arbiter of those issues.

a situation where individual Judges can overturn SCOTUS decisions can't be allowed to exist. We may cheer this instance, but the next time, when a liberal Judge acts against a SCOTUS finding that we favor, we will scream.

If the argument here is that the sCOTUS does not hold the power to make law, irrespective of what powers they are given by the Constitution, then Roy Moore holds that power even less than they do.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

geronl

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 03:45:28 am »

If the argument here is that the sCOTUS does not hold the power to make law, irrespective of what powers they are given by the Constitution, then Roy Moore holds that power even less than they do.

State supreme courts determine what state constitutions mean, right, not SCOTUS.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 03:46:13 am »
SCOTUS:  We now pronounce you wife, wife, and male sex toy required for your union.

It is the SCOTUS members who forced deviancy on all who are crazy.
@RAT Patrol
Seriously, the lezzies don't want men, just want another woman, but have to have a rubber man part for satisfaction? Just shows to go ya, even the the unnatural can't escape nature. Talk to me the day that one vagania impregnates another or a man becomes pregnant in his colon, until then their all just freaks.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 04:03:07 am »
State supreme courts determine what state constitutions mean, right, not SCOTUS.

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing [sic] in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

Article III
Section 1.

The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish...

Section 2.

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution,
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 04:56:34 am »
Every contentious issue must be settled at one time. According to the U.S. Constitution, the SCOTUS gets to be the arbiter of those issues.

a situation where individual Judges can overturn SCOTUS decisions can't be allowed to exist. We may cheer this instance, but the next time, when a liberal Judge acts against a SCOTUS finding that we favor, we will scream.

If Obama can decide arbitrarily to disregard and refuse to enforce existing laws passed by the legislatures and signed into law by previous presidents, then we now exist at a time when any judge of moral conscience can refuse to enforce "laws" that are morally repugnant.

SCOTUS is not infallible.  Dredd Scott anyone? 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 11:49:44 am »
Moore refuses to obey the law.  Imagine that.  A judge kicked out for not obeying the law.

I wish Congress would behave the same way about those in the Executive who do the same.

We would return to a country the Founders intended it to be and be blessed with respect for the Constitution.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 01:18:11 pm »
If Obama can decide arbitrarily to disregard and refuse to enforce existing laws passed by the legislatures and signed into law by previous presidents, then we now exist at a time when any judge of moral conscience can refuse to enforce "laws" that are morally repugnant.

SCOTUS is not infallible.  Dredd Scott anyone?

SCOTUS certainly isn't infallible, but where Dredd Scott was a decision denying basic human rights to a sub group of society, and as such should have been overturned. Laws which made same-sex marriage illegal denied equality and freedom in marriage laws to a sub group of society and because of that they were found to be unconstitutional. That the majority of the people may vote for a law to pass doesn't make that law constitutional. We do not live in a Democracy.

Morally repugnant to whom?

A strong, broad majority of Americans support the idea of same-sex marriage, so should we have an individual Judge, or even the voters now decide that they have the right to deny basic rights to others?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:18:50 pm by Luis Gonzalez »