Author Topic: Gowdy: Nobody Prosecuted for Destroying Clinton Email Evidence  (Read 588 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gowdy: Nobody Prosecuted for Destroying Clinton Email Evidence
« on: September 29, 2016, 07:50:50 pm »

Newsmax
Gowdy: Nobody Prosecuted for Destroying Clinton Email Evidence
Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:31 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Immunity agreements given to five people in connection with Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server are troubling, and are resulting in nobody being prosecuted for destroying federal evidence, South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy said Thursday.

"First they said they gave immunity for the production of the laptops," Gowdy, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, told Fox News' "America's Newsroom" program. "Laptops don't go to prison, people do."

Former Clinton Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills had classified information on her computer, he continued, but "no one who testified about classified information was prosecuted. No one who destroyed federal records was prosecuted."

And with so many immunity agreements and an "unusual investigation" that was conducted, "not one single person is going to face a legal consequence," said Gowdy.

That means, he continued, that the case is "dead in the water, other than what I have said in the past."

"There are multiple groups who provide oversight," said Gowdy. "On November 8, the real jury gets to weigh in. If they think this Department of Justice has been politicized, they are welcome to replace it with another Department of Justice."

On Wednesday, FBI Director James Comey rejected, during a Judiciary Committee hearing, contentions from Republicans that his agents were biased or had fallen prey to political pressure, when it came to the decision not to prosecute her or her aides over her email server, reports Politico.

"You can call us wrong, but don't call us weasels. We are not weasels," Comey told the committee. "We are honest people and … whether or not you agree with the result, this was done the way you want it to be done."

Gowdy on Thursday said he'd asked Comey what would have been needed to prosecute Clinton or others, and he responded that there would need to be a "consciousness of wrongdoing, a consciousness that the act being committed was unlawful," an excuse Gowdy would not buy.

"You never have anybody admit 'I know this is wrong and I'm going to do it anyway,'" Gowdy said. "And my response to that is you have to prove it by circumstantial evidence."

He also denied contentions that the investigation is politically motivated.

"It's not about politics to me," he said. "It's about whether you can respect an entity that's supposed to be above politics, and that would be the Department of Justice."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/trey-gowdy-hillary-email-evidence/2016/09/29/id/750866/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34