Author Topic: National Right to Life Just Helped Get Planned Parenthood Funded  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
National Right to Life Just Helped Get Planned Parenthood Funded
« on: September 29, 2016, 07:29:33 pm »
By Erick Erickson  |  September 29, 2016, 05:00am
http://theresurgent.com/national-right-to-life-just-helped-get-planned-parenthood-funded/

National Right to Life long ago ceased being a pro-life organization except in name. It exists to suck in cash from Christians that is in turned used to promote a Republican congress, not really a pro-life Congress. It so long ago confused the GOP for the cause that it has just worked hand in hand with the GOP to fund Planned Parenthood in the name of preserving a Republican congress at the expense of the unborn....

...The government will stay open, Planned Parenthood will get your tax dollars, and children will continue to be killed because pro-lifers in Washington have decided a Republican congress is more important than actually standing up for what they believe in.

Is it any wonder we now have a Presidential candidate who supports funding Planned Parenthood when major pro-lifers do stuff like this? They, of course, now back the would be Planned Parenthood funder too.
http://theresurgent.com/national-right-to-life-just-helped-get-planned-parenthood-funded/
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: National Right to Life Just Helped Get Planned Parenthood Funded
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 07:35:05 pm »
By Erick Erickson  |  September 29, 2016, 05:00am

...The government will stay open, Planned Parenthood will get your tax dollars, and children will continue to be killed because pro-lifers in Washington have decided a Republican congress is more important than actually standing up for what they believe in.

Well a Democrat Congress sure isn't going to help the cause now is it.

Through incrementalism there have been great strides made in reducing Abortions and putting pressure on Planned Parenthood.   Until abortion can be made illegal small steps are a good option for reducing the number of babies murdered.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 07:38:26 pm »
Well a Democrat Congress sure isn't going to help the cause now is it.

Through incrementalism there have been great strides made in reducing Abortions and putting pressure on Planned Parenthood.   Until abortion can be made illegal small steps are a good option for reducing the number of babies murdered.
Yeah, I think Erickson is being a bit harsh, but this is a very frustrating cause.

For me, I see the pictures and watch the videos and feel sick to my stomach and then we can do so little to make a difference.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:43:31 pm »
Yeah, I think Erickson is being a bit harsh, but this is a very frustrating cause.

For me, I see the pictures and watch the videos and feel sick to my stomach and then we can do so little to make a difference.

I've had numerous liberals say to me "well there are too many people in the world anyway".   

From my perspective once a baby is conceived its a person.   A person that has rights just like the mother and father. 

Holding out for a 100% solution is a fallacy because its too easy for the liberals to demonize and then marginalize you.  Making it impossible for you to sway public opinion.    Small baby steps to reduce the number of abortions and change peoples perspective are for more achievable.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 01:46:09 am »
I've had numerous liberals say to me "well there are too many people in the world anyway".   
Most of those too many people are in select, very crowded locations in the world (India is one notorious example) and in places where the birth rate far outstrips meager resources (much of Africa). It used to be that disease epidemics wiped out large portions of populations, but between the rise of modern medicine and the fact that natural selection has already ensured only those naturally immune to many of the worst diseases have survived and reproduced, that has short-circuited.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 01:24:57 am »
So we expected Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz to filibuster this spending bill? I'd put the blame on them more even if this article was written and quoted in a way to dig at Trump.

http://nationalprolifealliance.com/tpfh_petition.aspx?pid=1130

Rand Paul with petition to defund Planned Parenthood.

I'd also say the story by Erich Ericson was quoted in a way to smear Trump, he wasn't in the Senate, where is the big criticism for any of the Senators?

Dear Pro-life American,

It is outrageous that pro-abortion Members of Congress have routinely snuck into so-called "must pass" legislation language that requires taxpayers to fund the slaughter of the innocent unborn.

To help prohibit any and all taxpayer funding of abortion, please sign the National Pro-Life Alliance petition to your Congressman and U.S. Senators below right away.

After signing the petition, please consider chipping in with a donation of $10 or more to the National Pro-Life Alliance to help them build opposition to taxpayer funding of abortion.

Sincerely,

Rand Paul,
     United States Senator
Petition to Your Congressman and U.S. Senators
Oppose Using Taxpayer Dollars to Fund Abortion
Whereas:   One out of every four babies conceived is a victim of abortion, a tragedy that has claimed more than 61 million innocent lives since the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion-on-demand; and
Whereas:   Every abortion is a gruesome act that ends an innocent human life and cannot be tolerated in a civilized society; and
Whereas:   Having failed to obtain popular support for their abortion-on-demand agenda, the pro-abortion lobby plans to pack the Court with pro-abortion judges and hide abortion funding into virtually every piece of "must pass" legislation, including continuing resolutions, budget and authorization bills, so-called "economic stimulus" bills and even defense authorization bills;
Therefore: I urge you to work with pro-life members of your party, as well as Congressmen across the aisle, to vigorously oppose all attempts to use the budget to force taxpayers to fund abortion and abortionists.
http://nationalprolifealliance.com/tpfh_petition.aspx?pid=1130

Erickson's logic would be, that any of the pro-life candidates should have gone further in their stands and said "Elect me and I will send out troops to close down every abortion mill". His view is not realistic and at a minimum, I think one would have to say, those in the Senate are more at fault.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:29:53 am by TomSea »