Author Topic: Ed Cox: Donald Trump Could Have a ‘Ronald Reagan 1980 Kind of Blowout’  (Read 3336 times)

Offline unknown

Ed Cox: Donald Trump Could Have a ‘Ronald Reagan 1980 Kind of Blowout’

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/27/ed-cox-donald-trump-could-have-ronald-reagan-1980-kind-blowout/

JOHN HAYWARD
27 Sep 2016

Ed Cox, chairman of the New York Republican State Committee and son-in-law of late President Richard Nixon, offered his review of Monday night’s presidential debate on Tuesday’s Breitbart News Daily.

.. snip ..

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Ed Cox: Donald Trump Could Have a ‘Ronald Reagan 1980 Kind of Blowout’
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 03:06:55 am »
After last night he will most certainly have a Barry Goldwater 1964 kind of blowout.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 03:11:44 am »
All that snorting and huffing last night I think he's already blowed out.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 03:15:49 am »
The names Trump and Reagan go together like oil and water.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 03:29:39 am »
Yes, Trump is very Reagan-like.  We just have to keep on.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 03:32:57 am »

Trump is a dumb-ass.  Ignorant, intellectually incurious, childish.

Ronald Reagan would not endorse a fool like Donald Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:36:06 am »
Since we're referencing history - I would suggest Trump could have a 'Rome, October 1922 kind of blow-up'.

The comparisons of Trump as Reagan are not as appropriate as the comparison of Trump to Il Duce.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 03:43:24 am »

Well in the early years he did co star with a chimp.  And Trump is a lot like Bonzo 

Offline Longmire

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 03:47:14 am »
Since we're referencing history - I would suggest Trump could have a 'Rome, October 1922 kind of blow-up'.

The comparisons of Trump as Reagan are not as appropriate as the comparison of Trump to Il Duce.

You see fascists everywhere don't you?

Try looking at our NATO ally Turkey sometime and ask yourself who allowed that regime to grow and prosper?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 03:50:37 am »

Just with Trump and the mob of fanatics who promise punishment and death if we do not vote for him.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 03:55:27 am »

Trump spokesmoron Omarosa Manigault:

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.” 

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 03:57:21 am »

Offline unknown

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 04:12:46 am »

Very good.

That is exactly what Howard Dean said. You are following Clintons talking points exactly.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 04:16:50 am »

Trumps Supreme Court nominees compared to Hillarys.

TRUMP. PRO-LIFE vs Baby Killers!!!

You decide.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 04:26:09 am »

You decide.

I already did. He is a lying sack of shit....

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 05:10:48 am »

You decide.

Irrelevant.

The president does not appoint and seat - the Senate must confirm.

Even so, when did you capitulate to the idea that SCOTUS makes law?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 05:49:04 am »
First off, Trump is no Reagan. He's closer to LBJ.

Secondly, there will be no 1980 landslide because the electorate make up is different than it was in 1980.

However, too many assume that the rest of the country sees Trump the same way us conservatives do. Yes, I know. His negatives are on par with her's. However, and I understand this is just anecdotal evidence, but many people I hear and overhear have a sense that in this email thing, Hillary has gotten away with something others would not have and that she has benefit from the fact that there are laws for the elite and laws for the rest of us. And never underestimate the loathing and anger the average citizen has for Washington DC and it's occupants.

This is a disappointing election for conservatives. No question on that. And someday, conservatism will be called upon to truly "Make America Great Again." But, for now, the average citizen doesn't think like we do. They just know they are disgusted with what's going on. They don't compare Trump's soft statism with Hillary's Marxism. They just know that they don't like the direction of the country and might decide to take a risk with a Trump presidency. Hillary embodies everything they hate about Washington politics.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 07:05:43 am »
Very good.

That is exactly what Howard Dean said. You are following Clintons talking points exactly.

A message board participant isn't going to sway the election.  A candidate's refusal to prepare for the biggest 90 minutes of his life will, and most likely did.  You should be furious with Trump right now.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 11:56:31 am »

They're indistinguishable from the fifth column on the left and should be treated accordingly.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 01:11:57 pm »
A message board participant isn't going to sway the election.  A candidate's refusal to prepare for the biggest 90 minutes of his life will, and most likely did.  You should be furious with Trump right now.

There are more debates coming.

A candidate not performing well in one debate isn't the decider. Many a candidate has had a terrible debate performance only to go on and win the election
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 01:18:46 pm »

A candidate not performing well in one debate isn't the decider. Many a candidate has had a terrible debate performance only to go on and win the election

True, but the problem here is Trump's performance the other night was analogous to his performance in the dozen previous debates he's participated in. The difference was in the moderator's focus, and the willingness of his opponent to go for the cheap shot.

If he makes an adjustment - meaning he prepares - it will be the first time he's changed his style.

And I really wish the Ronald Reagan comparisons would stop. Where Trump is concerned they are utterly ridiculous.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:24:36 pm by skeeter »

Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 02:55:10 pm »

The next debate, if Trump is man enoughg to attend, will not garner 84+ million viewers.  He had a chance to look Presidential to many "undecideds".  In the end what we saw was Hillary on him like rat on a cheeto.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 03:18:00 pm »

Are you taking a line from Howard Dean?  lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 06:17:00 pm »
If we're really lucky, Trump will be the next Warren Harding.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk