Author Topic: Sources: Former Trump critic Ed Meese joins transition team  (Read 1063 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sources: Former Trump critic Ed Meese joins transition team
« on: September 26, 2016, 10:47:49 pm »

By Andrew Restuccia

09/26/16 05:30 PM EDT

Former Attorney General Ed Meese, a long-time aide to Ronald Reagan and a one-time critic of Donald Trump's candidacy for president, has joined the Republican nominee's transition team, according to two people briefed on the hire.

Meese's decision to join the transition team might raise eyebrows among Trump's die-hard supporters. Meese joined a slew of prominent Republicans in bashing Trump earlier this year in National Review, the conservative magazine that has led the charge against the Manhattan businessman.

Meese wrote in January that Trump's "broadsides" against fellow GOP candidates had served "to divide and discourage potential Republican-party supporters."

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/meese-trump-transition-228694
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Sources: Former Trump critic Ed Meese joins transition team
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:40:10 am »

Ed is getting a little up in years to be taking on that kind of work I'd think. Sounds to me like a Phyllis S. situation. One last hurah.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 05:50:29 am »
Ed is getting a little up in years to be taking on that kind of work I'd think. Sounds to me like a Phyllis S. situation. One last hurah.

Who's the next geriatric for this transition team? Marlin Fitzwater and Edward Levi?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 05:59:21 am »
Who's the next geriatric for this transition team? Marlin Fitzwater and Edward Levi?

i wonder if it was more Trumps people or the RNC that decided to USE these people by playing on their past service and patriotism. I can picture the conversation...

"You know, this is your chance to cement your legacy! Do it for Ronnie!"

And being that most like Ed are in fact very old and not used to the modern warfare that is a liberal election, they mistakenly go along thinking that they really are part of the same party Reagan was. They may be in their mind, but in reality, the GOP hasn't been of Reagan since the nanosecond he left office.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 06:04:56 am »
i wonder if it was more Trumps people or the RNC that decided to USE these people by playing on their past service and patriotism. I can picture the conversation...

"You know, this is your chance to cement your legacy! Do it for Ronnie!"

And being that most like Ed are in fact very old and not used to the modern warfare that is a liberal election, they mistakenly go along thinking that they really are part of the same party Reagan was. They may be in their mind, but in reality, the GOP hasn't been of Reagan since the nanosecond he left office.

I get the impression that they are just seat warmers that can fog a mirror. Donny will be able to do whatever he wants and also  tell everyone he has a top team on the job. If things go sideways, like they always do, he can throw them under the bus.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 06:16:48 am »
I get the impression that they are just seat warmers that can fog a mirror. Donny will be able to do whatever he wants and also  tell everyone he has a top team on the job. If things go sideways, like they always do, he can throw them under the bus.

Oh absolutely. I was just looking at it from a why they joined up angle. No way he'd ever actually listen to them. Basically he lied to get them on board for exactly the reason you describe. And in so blaming them, further discredit Reagan's name/legacy.

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 11:29:24 am »
Ed Meese, the crusader against Playboy?

No.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 11:33:02 am »
"If she (Hillary) wins, I will ABSOLUTELY support her."

-- Donald Trump.