Author Topic: Is Trump really better than Hillary? (Resurgent)  (Read 1596 times)

Online corbe

Is Trump really better than Hillary? (Resurgent)
« on: September 26, 2016, 10:14:00 pm »

By David Thornton  |  September 26, 2016, 08:30am  |  @captainkudzu

As we wind down to the final weeks before the election, a large percentage of voters remain undecided on whether to vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or someone else. Unlike previous elections, many undecided voters are educated, savvy conservatives who have not committed to Donald Trump, a Wall Street Journal analysis reported. Like me, many of these voters are repelled by both candidates.

Donald Trump may not be perfect, the argument goes, he may say silly and offensive things, but he’s still better than Hillary Clinton. It’s true that the one thing that Donald Trump has going for him is that he isn’t Hillary, but that doesn’t mean that he is necessarily better than Hillary. As we learned from Barack Obama in 2008, “change” doesn’t always mean “better.” Let’s look closer at Mr. Trump to find out whether he truly is the lesser evil.

My problems with Trump can be boiled down to three areas: character, policy and judgment. It isn’t just that Trump says silly and insulting things. He seems to be a genuinely bad and untrustworthy person.  On many levels, his character flaws are astonishingly similar to those of Hillary Clinton. His ideas are as flawed and half-formed as his character, often seemingly thrown out on a whim, only to be retracted or disavowed later. Likewise, Trump’s judgment is quick, brash and often wrong.

Uncharacteristically bad

The most obvious character flaw of both candidates is their propensity for lying.

<...snipette...>

http://theresurgent.com/is-trump-really-better-than-hillary/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Is Trump really better than Hillary? (Resurgent)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 10:39:04 pm »
I think he and his whole cabal are a lot worse, and a greater threat to what remains of our liberty than Hillary and her Commie-Lib Hordes are.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 10:53:46 pm »

I think he and his whole cabal are a lot worse, and a greater threat to what remains of our liberty than Hillary and her Commie-Lib Hordes are.

Dang @INVAR that is TOUGH, but I don't disagree at all.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:54:05 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 11:00:04 pm »
His position on healthcare is basically step one of nationalization, his maternity leave policy is farther left than Hillarys, his tax and spend plans is worse than hers on the national debt, his support for corporate welfare and subsidies is stupid, he opposes entitlement reform, he loves affirmative action, touchback amnesty, his position on "No Fly, No Buy" is anti-Constitutional as his ideas for libel laws are. His support of men in the girls bathroom and his love of Planned Parenthood is just icing on the cake.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 11:02:23 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline unknown

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 03:59:12 am »

What a bunch of crap.

All any sensible person has to do is compare who they would nominate to the Supreme Court.

Real simple.

PRO-LIFE judges. Or BABY KILLERS.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 04:04:19 am »
What a bunch of crap.

All any sensible person has to do is compare who they would nominate to the Supreme Court.

Real simple.

You have now been reduced to pimp his phony list that has no guarantees of being used from a guy who praises Planned Parenthood. What happened to all the other stuff like kicking out the illegals and his strong position on gun control? Oh yeah. He flopped on all of that.

All you got's now is a whole dirty bucket of wishful thinking.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 06:04:32 am »
A New York liberal is a New York liberal.

Both should be wholly unacceptable to conservatives as either one would be disastrous for this country.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 07:39:12 am »

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 10:44:16 am »
What a bunch of crap.

Real simple.

I have trouble believing he will nominate strict constitutional justices, based on the fact that some of his proposal run counter to constitutional limits on the scope of the federal government.

Stop and frisk, no fly-no-buy, extended federally funded maternity leave, are all outside the constitution.
Some of his proposals are infringements of the bill of rights and some are subject to the 10th amendment.

Why would he nominate strict constitutionalist, would would knock his proposals down?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:44:46 am by GrouchoTex »