Author Topic: How the SJW Left is Killing Political Debate… and Friendships  (Read 2060 times)

rangerrebew

How the SJW Left is Killing Political Debate… and Friendships
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:59:52 pm »
How the SJW Left is Killing Political Debate… and Friendships
Brian Nichols
September 24, 2016
Free Style, Headline News, Philosophy, Political Correctness, Political Opinion, Top News

by Brian Nichols

I recently posted a comment on Facebook in reply to one of my friends posting an anti-cop/pro-BLM status.  My friend, who we shall call “Fred”, posted his status using cherry-picked instances of police abusing their authority as a the root of this entire argument, to which I addressed by saying:

“I concur that denying hard facts does not make a political debate. But cherry-picking facts to suite a narrative also does not make a political debate. As a libertarian, I will be the first to agree with you that the legal system that we have disproportionately hurts blacks.  But the numbers don’t lie. If we’re going to have an open and honest discussion on race and police abusing authority, anecdotal examples are not a reliable source to build an argument upon.”

I then went into detail as to the statistics and facts of police shooting and killing blacks, using information from sources such as the FBI, the Bureau of Justice Statistics, etc…  I re-read my comment before posting, just to make sure there was nothing that could be considered a personal attack.  After all, “Fred” is my friend, and as such, I wanted to remain as civil as possible.  So, after taking all of that into consideration and scanning my comment for any potential red-flags, I posted, feeling as though this could spark up a lively, yet civil discussion.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/how-the-sjw-left-is-killing-political-debate-and-friendships/#ixzz4LNVelzC0
Follow us: @TheLibRepublic on Twitter

Offline r9etb

Re: How the SJW Left is Killing Political Debate… and Friendships
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 04:30:03 pm »
The author is correct, as far as he goes.

However, the SJW left are far from alone in the behavior he describes (see, for example, what TOS has become, and indeed what many threads here demonstrate).

In part it's a matter of internet convenience and anonymity; and in part it's because it's so much easier to debate with a meme than with an extended discussion. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 04:36:40 pm »
To every political action there is a reaction. The SJW's have done themselves no favors. Most of their agenda is indeed based on cherry picked facts and many times is total hypocrisy and anti-science as well as reality. It turns off alot of LIV's and middle of the road people.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 08:57:39 pm »
If a person understands that like all leftists, SJWs are not interested in the truth but in changing society to suit their fascist vision of the world, then everything becomes understandable.
I should separate liberals from leftists although many times I lump them together.  Most liberals genuinely want to improve things. In fact, we are all liberal or conservative depending on the issue. If being a liberal means I want equal rights for all Americans as defined by the constitution, then I am a liberal....at least on that issue.
If being a liberal means some groups are to be favored and given preferences unconstitutionally, then I am not a liberal.
Of course most liberals and conservatives believe in many of the same things. Rest assured, many liberals love money and understand that a society run by the rule of law is the only way to protect their money/wealth.
But liberalsim seems to have gone off the tracks in the last forty years replaced by out and out leftism.
Leftism doesn't seek to improve the lives or guarantee the rights of the unfortunate as liberals claim they do. Leftists seek a complete change of society with favored groups placed on top and certain groups demonized and eliminated if possible.
Leftists have been able to achieve many of the goals they set during the sixties and now run the Dem Party. Hillary Clinton would never have been able to gain the nomination forty years ago or win the presidency. George McGovern, who ran on a leftist program, was soundly thrashed by moderate Republican Richard Nixon.
Today McGovern's heir, Obama, was elected to two terms. And now a female version of Obama (Clinton) could be elected.
The Dem Party is now an outlaw party with the express desire to take down the U.S.A. Many loyal Dems refuse to believe their party has gone rogue leftist thinking the Dem Party simply guarantees their right to have an abortion (feminists), go on strike (unionists), or keep affirmative action (minorities), etc. They do not understand the harm that has been done by leftism. Leftists do not believe in the constitution or the rule of law. They cannot formulate a legitimate argument for what they advocate, so opposition cannot be alllowed.
And that is why millions of SJWS do not tolerate dissent and must malign/crush anybody opposed to the leftist Dem agenda. For that agenda to succeed people cannot be friends with people who oppose the leftist SJW agenda. The dissenters mush be crushed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:09:15 pm by goatprairie »

geronl

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 09:00:49 pm »
The Trump Social Justice Brigades are doing something similar.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 01:56:43 am »
kudos to goatprairie for the fine post above!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 05:46:36 am »
If a person understands that like all leftists, SJWs are not interested in the truth but in changing society to suit their fascist vision of the world, then everything becomes understandable.
I should separate liberals from leftists although many times I lump them together.  Most liberals genuinely want to improve things. In fact, we are all liberal or conservative depending on the issue. If being a liberal means I want equal rights for all Americans as defined by the constitution, then I am a liberal....at least on that issue.
If being a liberal means some groups are to be favored and given preferences unconstitutionally, then I am not a liberal.
Of course most liberals and conservatives believe in many of the same things. Rest assured, many liberals love money and understand that a society run by the rule of law is the only way to protect their money/wealth.
But liberalsim seems to have gone off the tracks in the last forty years replaced by out and out leftism.
Leftism doesn't seek to improve the lives or guarantee the rights of the unfortunate as liberals claim they do. Leftists seek a complete change of society with favored groups placed on top and certain groups demonized and eliminated if possible.
Leftists have been able to achieve many of the goals they set during the sixties and now run the Dem Party. Hillary Clinton would never have been able to gain the nomination forty years ago or win the presidency. George McGovern, who ran on a leftist program, was soundly thrashed by moderate Republican Richard Nixon.
Today McGovern's heir, Obama, was elected to two terms. And now a female version of Obama (Clinton) could be elected.
The Dem Party is now an outlaw party with the express desire to take down the U.S.A. Many loyal Dems refuse to believe their party has gone rogue leftist thinking the Dem Party simply guarantees their right to have an abortion (feminists), go on strike (unionists), or keep affirmative action (minorities), etc. They do not understand the harm that has been done by leftism. Leftists do not believe in the constitution or the rule of law. They cannot formulate a legitimate argument for what they advocate, so opposition cannot be alllowed.
And that is why millions of SJWS do not tolerate dissent and must malign/crush anybody opposed to the leftist Dem agenda. For that agenda to succeed people cannot be friends with people who oppose the leftist SJW agenda. The dissenters mush be crushed.
Well said!

The people who hijacked the Democrat Party in the '60s were Marxists who read Brave New World and 1984 and used them as models for the future, instead of understanding that they were horror stories.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 05:47:14 am »
The Trump Social Justice Brigades are doing something similar.
Yes, they are. Two wrongs will not make things right.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 05:55:04 am »
I don't know who the hell the SJW is but I sure know who the SJP is....and she is alright in my book.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 05:56:29 am »
I don't know who the hell the SJW is but I sure know who the SJP is....and she is alright in my book.

Not bad, Frank, but she could use a cheeseburger or two... :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 05:57:59 am »
Not bad, Frank, but she could use a cheeseburger or two... :tongue2:

Frank don't dig heavy chicks.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 05:59:04 am »
Frank don't dig heavy chicks.
Joe doesn't prefer them heavy, but they are no fun if they blow away.  **nononono*

(Lovely lady, and I'm just kidding).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:00:14 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 06:08:17 am »
Joe doesn't prefer them heavy, but they are no fun if they blow away.  **nononono*

(Lovely lady, and I'm just kidding).

She drives a '78 Country Squire and wears heels......that about checks off all my boxes.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 06:19:11 am »
She drives a '78 Country Squire and wears heels......that about checks off all my boxes.

If you are happy, I'm happy for y'all.  :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 06:21:25 am »
If you are happy, I'm happy for y'all.  :laugh:

I'm far from happy. You catch that debate tonight? One of those two morons is going to be our next President.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 06:28:14 am »
I'm far from happy. You catch that debate tonight? One of those two morons is going to be our next President.
Actually, I missed it. I figured neither would tell the truth, anyway, and my mind is pretty much made up on their past performance. I'll likely catch it on YouTube.

Scary thought, ain't it? :facepalm2:

I don't let either one live in my head, though. I have better things to do.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:29:01 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 06:50:58 am »

I don't let either one live in my head, though. I have better things to do.

But I will have one of those two idiots living in my wallet soon.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 06:55:35 am »
But I will have one of those two idiots living in my wallet soon.
As will we all.  8888crybaby

C S Lewis