Author Topic: An Actual Conservative's Guide To The Alt-Right: 8 Things You Need To Know  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: An Actual Conservative's Guide To The Alt-Right: 8 Things You Need To Know
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 10:08:08 pm »
Think The Moon is a Harsh Mistress > Federated Nations on Earth and how they ran- the Loonie's enemy.

I was thinking of Starship Troopers or Stranger in a Strange Land.

And the comparo just didn't seem to fit either.

The description would probably also fit Nehemiah Scudder's government in "If This Goes On-" although it's been a while since I read that story, so I couldn't say for certain.

I'll leave off where Heinlein drew inspiration from when he wrote that story.
Let it burn.

Offline endicom

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 11:22:02 pm »
I would bet most Trumpsters became so to stop the flow of illegal immigrants into the U.S. What good American can disagree with that premise?

Trumpsters? I never liked Trump but I'll vote for him. Anyone not wanting another billion or so people in the U.S. does want a control on the number of illegal immigrants. Is that arguable?

My main hope for Trump is not about illegals but about possibly hampering the illegal actions of our elected and appointed officials. That hampering will not occur unless someone will call out the congress scum on what they do.

But after reading articles in Taki's Mag, American Renaissance, and VDare among some alt-right web sites, not even all the writers are hardcore white nationalists/racists as the writers claims.

It's been some time since I've looked at VDare but my impression was that the writers were a mixed bag. Taki I know little about and American Renaissance not at all.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 06:45:27 am »
Anyone who doubts the existence of the Alt-Right simply needs to look at the comments on the article. The only question is how big are they really. Let's hope they are simply a puffed up bull frog in a rain barrel.

A mile wide and an inch deep.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 12:31:40 pm »
My main hope for Trump is not about illegals but about possibly hampering the illegal actions of our elected and appointed officials.

And one need look no further than the feckless FBI Director for confirmation that the corruption in DC already reaches even the highest levels.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 03:54:52 pm »
Bookmark

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 04:23:31 pm »
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »
Trumpsters? I never liked Trump but I'll vote for him. Anyone not wanting another billion or so people in the U.S. does want a control on the number of illegal immigrants. Is that arguable?

My main hope for Trump is not about illegals but about possibly hampering the illegal actions of our elected and appointed officials. That hampering will not occur unless someone will call out the congress scum on what they do.

It's been some time since I've looked at VDare but my impression was that the writers were a mixed bag. Taki I know little about and American Renaissance not at all.
Taki's Mag is pretty far, far right but not quite as out of there as American Renaissance. American Renaissance is Jared Taylor's website, and it makes no bones about it being a white supremacist site. All other races, even certain white ethnicities, are considered inferior and not worthy to live in the same country as Nordic whites.  I visit far left and far right sites to see what's going on, but I don't know if I'd even put AR in the category of a conservative website. The members dislike all present and most past conservative pols. A number of them make positive comments about Hitler.
But they love Donald Trump even though Trump is sort of disappointing to many of them because he hasn't said anything negative about non-Whites. Especially Blacks and Jews. Most of them really hate Jews.
But they apparently don't mind that Taylor has a Japanese wife and Trump has Jewish son in laws.
The overall impression one gets reading the comments is that most of them would be very negative, unpleasant people to be around.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 07:56:57 pm »
Attempts by the main stream to generically 'define' the alt-right are going to fall short of the mark.

The game has changed, this is no longer about a left/right paradigm and the plebes are fighting back.

Clinton is an enemy, but so is the entire DC establishment. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT5wZuBxDuM&feature=youtu.be