Author Topic: Cruz: Trump hasn't apologized for personal insults  (Read 9472 times)

Offline Longmire

Re: Cruz: Trump hasn't apologized for personal insults
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 12:08:59 am »
There will be conservatism for our kids to carry on with long after the headlines are forgotten for Palin and Cruz.

Step on up and get you some Genuine Conservatism!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 12:14:14 am »
I stood in the breach for Palin on FR because she articulated conservative positions. Then she sold out for Trump.

I stood in the breach for Cruz because he articulated conservative positions. Then he sold them out for Trump.

Many of us did. But while Palin's support tanked after her sellout, and as Cruz' support is in the process of tanking for his sellout, conservatism isn't tanking with actual conservatives. Those of us still in the breach. We like it here. None of us will make any headlines for it and thats fine. There will be conservatism for our kids to carry on with long after the headlines are forgotten for Palin and Cruz.

Norm, I really don't think Cruz "sold out".  His actions over the next few months will tell us if he did. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 12:19:16 am »
Norm, I really don't think Cruz "sold out".  His actions over the next few months will tell us if he did.

Sure he did. there is no other way to describe one day telling voters someone is no conservative and a pathological liar and the next, telling America to elect a liberal pathological liar. that is a 180 degree shift and that is a sellout by definition.

Hey, I liked him too, but facts are facts. WHY he did it matters not at all. He 'did' and thats all that matters. You cannot ever trust him again because he proved his words mean nothing. If he believed in the words he spoke, he's stick to them.

He didn't. Like it or not, and none of us do...but he sold out.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 12:25:29 am »
Sure he did. there is no other way to describe one day telling voters someone is no conservative and a pathological liar and the next, telling America to elect a liberal pathological liar. that is a 180 degree shift and that is a sellout by definition.

Hey, I liked him too, but facts are facts. WHY he did it matters not at all. He 'did' and thats all that matters. You cannot ever trust him again because he proved his words mean nothing. If he believed in the words he spoke, he's stick to them.

He didn't. Like it or not, and none of us do...but he sold out.

To arrive at that conclusion, you have to minimize the threat that Hillary poses. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 12:40:29 am »

That would be because real, actual Conservatism is funny to you liberals, and/or abhorrent.

Your gifs and pics and ridicule reveal who and what you really are.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2016, 12:48:44 am »
To arrive at that conclusion, you have to minimize the threat that Hillary poses.

Not at all.

If I tell you that Basset hounds can fly, it does not matter if Kanye west likes gold teeth. One has no bearing on the other or on the truth or fallacy of the other. Hillary can appear on stage with Lucifer in the flesh and it does not change the truth of whether Ted Cruz made a 180 turn. Hillary has nothing to do with whether or not donald trump is a liberal liar. Donald Trump does.

For Ted to reverse a rock solid statement position is a sellout regardless of Hillary. And to think that a man you (ted) called a liar is 'better' than some other liar, stil does not change the fact that the lesser evil arguement resulted in a lost election in 12 and a house and senate FILLED COMPLETELY with the lesser evils that gave Barry 100% of his big issues.

So any way you want to approach this, Ted's move was exactly the worst one possible.

Lost his base.
Empowered a liberal
Hurt the idea of principle mattering.
Hurt constervatism by further eroding the idea of standing on ones stated principles.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:49:22 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline bilo

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2016, 12:53:59 am »
Cruz just looks better in my estimation.

Trump should apologize - because this makes him look smaller.

Well said.

Trump is a small, vindictive, evil man.

I guess I should be happy he has reconfirmed why he disgusts me, but whether he wins or hillary we all lose.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Wingnut

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2016, 12:59:39 am »
Well said.

Trump is a small, vindictive, evil man.

I know I shall whorship the ground Trump will be burried on.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 01:12:12 am »
To disavow Cruz for his move yesterday, would be akin, IMO, to throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  Bigger plans, forest through the trees, bigger picture, and all that.  I think God has a plan and following Cruz these past few years, I believe he's more in tune with God and His plan, than people give him credit for.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2016, 01:22:12 am »
To disavow Cruz for his move yesterday, would be akin, IMO, to throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  Bigger plans, forest through the trees, bigger picture, and all that.  I think God has a plan and following Cruz these past few years, I believe he's more in tune with God and His plan, than people give him credit for.

And to condone it is to condone giving power to a liar and a liberal. Because Trump is a liar, a liberal and Cruz just gave him power/support. So if you think Gods plan is to empower liars then you and I worship two very different Gods.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 01:30:22 am »
And to condone it is to condone giving power to a liar and a liberal. Because Trump is a liar, a liberal and Cruz just gave him power/support. So if you think Gods plan is to empower liars then you and I worship two very different Gods.
No, I just think there's a bigger picture at play here, and considering Cruz' track record, and how he does things, I believe he is not self-serving, as you are implying, but thinking about what's better for the country.  That's why he dropped out of the race, because he knew the division him being in there was causing and he saw how it was tearing the country apart.  He didn't want to be part of that.

His decision changes nothing.  Trump isn't going to get any more votes.  People aren't going to change their minds about voting for him, because Cruz is choosing to.  I believe, as is Cruz' SOP, he's playing the long game.

We know this decision was because he was pressured.  And his leverage of making a difference or doing good things in DC, has been blocked, because of this stupid thing.  It sucks.  But it's a game one has to play into, if they want to make a difference.  It's not like he's out there, like all the others who have endorsed Trump, shilling for the man, and I doubt he would.  I don't even believe he believes any of the reasons he gave for his vote.  I think it was a pure political move, in order for him to continue his work to fight against the establishment, for the country.......for us.

And, you have to ask yourself, without Cruz doing what he does in the Senate, or being able to get anything done in the Senate, how does that help us or America? Wouldn't Cruz benefit all of us, if he was able to retain his position and at least some ability to move things in a good direction?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2016, 01:36:19 am »
No, I just think there's a bigger picture at play here,
No, there is no bigger picture than truth and lie, right and wrong. Period.

geronl

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 01:41:38 am »
Trump is not sorry for what he did. This will just encourage his horrible nature.

It's like a playground bully accepting apologies from the kids he tortures daily.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 01:44:27 am »
God's plan could very well be to destroy this country for its wickedness. He is the God that fouls the plans of nations.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 01:46:59 am »
I believe, as is Cruz' SOP, he's playing the long game.

If what Cruz has done is 'playing the long game' - he lost, at least by me.

He too has been confounded by strong delusion apparently.

A harbinger of judgment to come upon this land.

Even if that judgment is stayed for a time -

I will not be entrusting Cruz with my support as any kind of standard-bearer for Conservatism in the future. 

This entire system of government is wholly corrupted - and I want no part of it whatsoever.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2016, 01:50:24 am »
God's plan could very well be to destroy this country for its wickedness. He is the God that fouls the plans of nations.

I think that very well may be what's happening.  Both major candidates are evil.  They are both the "choice" of a large number of Americans to run the country, and they are both corrupt and vile human beings, both proud of their sin, and both revered by too large a segment of the population.

I believe in the Sovereignty of God; that He controls who leads nations.

And I believe He sometimes gives people their way in that He allows the election of evil, if people want evil........which this election proves many in America do.

But our free will is always subject to His Sovereign will, and as we watch America destroy itself, we know that it is within His will for us to do so.

I truly believe America's days are numbered.  I would love to be more optimistic, but I think this election destroys all the optimism I once had for this country that I love.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Axel

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2016, 01:53:59 am »
Wrong.  The sellouts are people like you who chose a lifelong egomaniacal narcissistic NY Liberal Democrat to be your prince.  The warriors are those choosing to stand on principle and support a bona-fide Conservative despite the overwhelming odds of sheeple demanding to chase their messiah over the cliff.

Trite talking points that only serve to inflame and sow discord.

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2016, 01:59:33 am »
Trite talking points that only serve to inflame and sow discord.

Truth often does.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2016, 02:08:20 am »

I agree with you.  I think Ted risked the insults he knew he would get and the hate he would engender by making this decision.  It only confirms my good opinion of him.

There are people who unaccountably hate Ted Cruz.  There is no reason to hate Ted Cruz... they can only say he is a politician out for himself... when everything he has ever done has shown him to be a politician... yes ... but one out to support the constitution and conservative values.

Cruz haters cannot point to a single thing that he has done that wasn't principled.  So spout hate, haters, but I still support Senator Cruz.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2016, 02:11:14 am »
I agree with you.  I think Ted risked the insults he knew he would get and the hate he would engender by making this decision.  It only confirms my good opinion of him.

There are people who unaccountably hate Ted Cruz.  There is no reason to hate Ted Cruz... they can only say he is a politician out for himself... when everything he has ever done has shown him to be a politician... yes ... but one out to support the constitution and conservative values.

Cruz haters cannot point to a single thing that he has done that wasn't principled.  So spout hate, haters, but I still support Senator Cruz.

I'm not a Cruz hater but I hate what he did here. And what he did here is the single thing he has done that was the definition of unprincipled.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2016, 02:13:22 am »

If Cruz believes, as you do, that he's "listening to God," then I'm glad he didn't win the nomination.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2016, 02:19:21 am »
If Cruz believes, as you do, that he's "listening to God," then I'm glad he didn't win the nomination.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

I will take someone who listens for God's direction in his life any day of the week over someone who does not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2016, 02:29:41 am »
I'm a huge supporter of Ted Cruz and I believe he is the best friend that conservatives have in politics right now.

I will not vote for Trump but I respect Cruz's reasons for doing so.  He knows Hillary backwards and forwards and he knows she will appoint Judges to the Supreme Court that will cause endless suffering for years to come ...

Trump gave Cruz some names he said he was considering, among them Mike Lee.  I know, you know, and Cruz certainly knows that Trump cannot be trusted.

That being said, I think Cruz finally decided that we would have a better chance to getting good judges under Trump.  A small chance, but a chance.  There is no chance with Hillary.

He outlined the other issues that determined his decision.  It must have been a hard pill for him to swallow to endorse the bloated baboon who had been so cruel to his family, but I think Ted Cruz put the country first when deciding this.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2016, 02:31:16 am »
I usually agree with you but not this time.  This move was not principled and it rewarded vile behavior to stand with those who have bludgeoned Cruz and to betray those who have been loyal to him.  If Cruz felt he needed to vote for Trump he could have done it silently.  Instead he caved into the bullying and looks like a fool.  The rest of us who are being insulted daily (to a much lesser degree) are now standing alone while Cruz tells us we too should vote for Trump.  Hogwash!  I will never do it.

It was summed up on the other thread. But selling out is going to supporting Donald Trump for any reason after saying the following:

"Ted Cruz:

I'm going to do something I haven't done for the entire campaign, for those of y'all who have traveled with me all across the country. I'm going to tell you what I really think of Donald Trump. This man is a pathological liar. He doesn't know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth. And, in a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology textbook, his response is to accuse everybody else of lying.

He accuses everybody on that debate stage of lying, and it's simply a mindless yell. Whatever he does, he accuses everyone else of doing.

The man cannot tell the truth, but he combines it with being a narcissist. A narcissist at a level - I don't think this country's ever seen. Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and goes, "Dude, what's your problem?" Everything in Donald's world is about Donald.

And he combines being a pathological liar... and I say pathological because I actually think Donald, if you hooked him up to a lie detector test, he could say one thing in the morning, one thing at noon, and one thing in the evening, all contradictory, and he'd pass the lie detector test each time. Whatever lie he's telling at that minute, he believes it.

But the man is utterly amoral. [Reporter starts a question] Let, let me finish this, please. The man is utterly amoral. Morality does not exist for him. It's why he went after Heidi directly and smeared my wife. Attacked her. Apparently she's not pretty enough for Donald Trump. I may be biased but I think if he's making that allegation, he's also legally blind.

But Donald is a bully. You know, we just visited with fifth graders. Every one of us knew bullies in elementary school. Bullies don't come from strength, bullies come from weakness. Bullies come from a deep, yawning cavern of insecurity. There is a reason Donald builds giant buildings and puts his name on them everywhere he goes.

And I will say, there are millions of people in this country who are angry. They're angry at Washington, they're angry at politicians who have lied to them, I understand that anger. I share that anger. And Donald is cynically exploiting that anger, and he is lying to his supporters.

Donald will betray his supporters on every issue. If you care about immigration, Donald is laughing at you. And he's telling the moneyed elites that he doesn't believe what he's saying, he's not gonna build a wall - that's what he told the New York Times, he will betray you on every issue across the board."
------------------------------

And THIS is the guy you will trust to keep his word about ANYTHING TED???? You sold out after saying this? So which Trump is 'true' Ted? Which YOU are 'true" for that matter because it's not clear.

Really? does anyone wonder why Cruz lost his base?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2016, 03:30:20 am »
Not at all.

If I tell you that Basset hounds can fly, it does not matter if Kanye west likes gold teeth. One has no bearing on the other or on the truth or fallacy of the other. Hillary can appear on stage with Lucifer in the flesh and it does not change the truth of whether Ted Cruz made a 180 turn. Hillary has nothing to do with whether or not donald trump is a liberal liar. Donald Trump does.

For Ted to reverse a rock solid statement position is a sellout regardless of Hillary. And to think that a man you (ted) called a liar is 'better' than some other liar, stil does not change the fact that the lesser evil arguement resulted in a lost election in 12 and a house and senate FILLED COMPLETELY with the lesser evils that gave Barry 100% of his big issues.

So any way you want to approach this, Ted's move was exactly the worst one possible.

Lost his base.
Empowered a liberal
Hurt the idea of principle mattering.
Hurt constervatism by further eroding the idea of standing on ones stated principles.

Aw, come on, Norm.  Kanye and the noble basset hound may have no common nexus, but Hillary and Trump certainly do.  While your argument is very impassioned, it just doesn't fly.  Or, it flies like a basset hound.