Author Topic: Monty Python's Terry Jones diagnosed with dementia - USA Today  (Read 488 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Monty Python's Terry Jones diagnosed with dementia - USA Today
« on: September 24, 2016, 05:12:24 pm »
Monty Python's Terry Jones diagnosed with dementia

LONDON (AP) — Terry Jones, one of the founding members of comedy troupe Monty Python, has been diagnosed with dementia.

In a statement released by Britain's film academy (BAFTA), a representative says the 74-year-old has primary progressive aphasia, which erodes the ability to use language. As a result, Jones can no longer give interviews.

Read More At: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/09/23/monty-pythons-terry-jones-diagnosed-with-dementia/90901288/

Online mountaineer

Re: Monty Python's Terry Jones diagnosed with dementia - USA Today
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:17:47 pm »
Sad. Having dealt with my father's dementia, I feel sorry for others similarly afflicted and their families.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

Re: Monty Python's Terry Jones diagnosed with dementia - USA Today
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 01:17:09 pm »
Dementia can come real quick. My mother was afflicted with dementia the last six months of her life. She died at 85. She and my father lived 1000 miles away.  Six months before her death I talked with her over the phone and she sounded normal.
A month or two later my older brother, who lived near her and watched over her and my father, called me to say she had dementia. When the wife and I visited her a month before her death, she was able to recognize us and talk somewhat, but she was not the same person. It's a shock to try and talk with a loved who has the disease, but as of now there's nothing we can do.