Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 127529 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #525 on: September 25, 2016, 12:36:17 am »
Your premise is that the Iraq was was unwinnable.  I dispute that.

We had many options to 'win' Iraq, but we chose not to do so.  At the very start of the war, I already had espoused ideas on how to secure a stable postwar Iraq.  And the key was to split the country into three states in a federal republic, like the US. 

For Iraq has three groups that compete with each other (Kurds, Sunnis, and Shiites).  Give each a state and they could have lived as they liked, pooling together for defense and pork-barrel projects funded by oil revenue/taxes.

But instead, we chose a parliamentary system, where the most populous group could dominant over the others.  And that sparked the Sunni terror attacks, as they had been the previous top-dogs and didn't like their former 'serfs' lording over them.

I saw that at the start.  I saw it during our time there.  And it's still applicable today.  There will be no peace until those three groups can feel free to live as they would like in a territory where they feel safe to do so.

We just chose to ignore it.

I can agree with some of that. The question I want answered was WHY they chose to ignore it? For me that illegitimizes any so-called good. We were there long enough. We poured enough resources in to make it happen.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:39:52 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2016, 12:38:14 am »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:38:30 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2016, 12:42:13 am »
Everything you wrote is false.

Saddam embraced Islamists, giving them the land and funds to run training camps.  He paid the families of suicide bombers for their terror.

He did not keep Iraq stable.  He terrorized Iraq, making it ripe for revolts.  Shiites and Kurds both did so in the short time between the 1st and 2nd Gulf wars.

ISIS is not in control of Iraq.  It occupies parts and is being slowly pushed out.

And ISIS was borne out of the conflict in Syria... or more precisely, the lack of support (ie: funds) to the free Syrian Amry when they first broke with Assad.  They were a competent fighting force that had access to eager recruits, but no source/money for new military equipment needed to fight.

By the time the West moved, they had been broken.  And the monies to fight were coming from Islamist sources.

Not much difference in philosophy between these Trump supporters and your average Code Pink/Ron Paul Mob Zombie is there?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #528 on: September 25, 2016, 12:46:29 am »
Boy really sounds like the mob that ran FR 2006ish or so. Tried to get their daddy JimRob to ban anyone who disagreed on the war. I remember that time period and some of you. I haven't forgotten.

Ironic...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:47:11 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #529 on: September 25, 2016, 12:51:32 am »
@Smokin Joe

What is buried in the 9-11 report?

There are 28 unreleased pages detailing Saudi Arabian connections to the incidents of 9/11. The Bush Administration buried them. Darrell Castle has been called a "troofer" for wanting them released. (not for wild-eyed conspiracy theories, just wanting those pages of the report released).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #530 on: September 25, 2016, 12:57:38 am »
It's not our job to be world police. The only justification for war is if we are attacked.
Or, if we are bound by treaty agreement to come to the aid of an ally who is attacked.

I agree, we aren't Constitutionally authorized to be 'world police'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #531 on: September 25, 2016, 01:01:58 am »

25 pages of 13 people repeating various iterations of "I'm not budging."

Really? I didn't know that. After hearing 125,000 repetitions on every board of this forum from the same 13 people, I was still in the dark. Who knew? Sheesh!

Honestly, we get it, you 13 people – you're not going to vote for Donald Trump.

(What did y'all get, a set of shiny new virtues for Christmas and can't help showing them off?)

Online roamer_1

« Reply #532 on: September 25, 2016, 01:04:06 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #533 on: September 25, 2016, 01:04:14 am »

Really? I didn't know that. After hearing 125,000 repetitions on every board of this forum from the same 13 people, I was still in the dark. Who knew? Sheesh!

(What did y'all get, a set of shiny new virtues for Christmas and can't help showing them off?)
You should do that in your litter box! Bad Kitty!

P.S. If you are "hearing voices" while reading these posts, I suggest you turn the teevee/radio/stereo down, don't play Judas Priest backwards at 78 RPM, and seek professional help.

(this post was made in silence, with the audio set to zero)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:06:08 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #534 on: September 25, 2016, 01:04:58 am »

If you 'got it', you'd shut up, go back to your specially created safe space and stop instigating us. Your purpose is to go to FR, plan your trolling and come here and carry it out.

WE 'got it'.

Offline madmaximus

« Reply #535 on: September 25, 2016, 01:06:12 am »
Not much difference in philosophy between these Trump supporters and your average Code Pink/Ron Paul Mob Zombie is there?

I am no Trump supporter. I am no Bush-lover either. I opposed the Iraq War(The 21st century Vietnam) from day one. There were no WMDs, as I suspected from day one. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, and posed no threat to us. Bush lied, so he can finish up Daddy's business and appease their Saudi masters.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #536 on: September 25, 2016, 01:07:03 am »
Sorry, not if it's below zero....

The fine and noble Basset warms all hearts. So nothing near a basset ever falls below zero. The heat of joy they bring melts all ;)

Offline madmaximus

« Reply #537 on: September 25, 2016, 01:08:45 am »
Boy really sounds like the mob that ran FR 2006ish or so. Tried to get their daddy JimRob to ban anyone who disagreed on the war. I remember that time period and some of you. I haven't forgotten.

Ironic...

Oh, yes. I remember. They went along with everything Bush did, refused to hold his feet to the fire. The same will be true with Trump, if he wins.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #538 on: September 25, 2016, 01:09:38 am »

Boy, have I been put in my place. Such brilliant repartee. I have been publicly shamed by your retorts.

"Thank you sir may I have another?"   8888crybaby

Online roamer_1

« Reply #539 on: September 25, 2016, 01:11:54 am »
The fine and noble Basset warms all hearts. So nothing near a basset ever falls below zero. The heat of joy they bring melts all ;)

LOL! You're welcome to that line of thought... but just in case you find yourself in error, my pup turns into this:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #540 on: September 25, 2016, 01:12:03 am »
Boy, have I been put in my place. Such brilliant repartee. I have been publicly shamed by your retorts.

Just love instigating don't you. Small man, small mind I guess.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #541 on: September 25, 2016, 01:13:58 am »
LOL! You're welcome to that line of thought... but just in case you find yourself in error, my pup turns into this:

He's cute when he's mad ;)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #542 on: September 25, 2016, 01:14:29 am »
I am no Trump supporter. I am no Bush-lover either. I opposed the Iraq War(The 21st century Vietnam) from day one. There were no WMDs, as I suspected from day one. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, and posed no threat to us. Bush lied, so he can finish up Daddy's business and appease their Saudi masters.

BS!  100% USDA CHOICE GRADE A.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #543 on: September 25, 2016, 01:23:22 am »

I hear what you're saying but I just don't care.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #544 on: September 25, 2016, 01:26:53 am »

heh heh heh

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #545 on: September 25, 2016, 01:39:53 am »
heh heh heh

Well he did hit Ludicrous Speed running to the left some time ago so the pic is pretty applicable.

Offline madmaximus

« Reply #546 on: September 25, 2016, 02:11:50 am »
BS!  100% USDA CHOICE GRADE A.

Bushbots still in denial.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #547 on: September 25, 2016, 02:21:15 am »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #548 on: September 25, 2016, 02:25:04 am »
Bushbots still in denial.

And you STILL don't have a clue about what you are talking about.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #549 on: September 25, 2016, 02:38:48 am »

I hear what you're saying but I just don't care.

I care. I care very deeply. I care so deeply I lose sleep over it.

Just what was the name of Uncle Joe's dog on Pettycoat Junction?