Author Topic: BOOM: Texas high school building $70 million football stadium  (Read 1576 times)

rangerrebew

BOOM: Texas high school building $70 million football stadium
« on: September 20, 2016, 04:11:09 pm »
September 20, 2016
By Victor Skinner

MCKINNEY, Texas – The McKinney Independent School District is planning to build a $70 million football stadium, making it the most expensive high school stadium in the nation.

It also happens to be about $10 million awesomer than the $60 million stadium in the neighboring Allen Independent School District, the Los Angeles Times reports.misdstadium2

“Oh, it’s a rivalry,” McKinney North High School junior Adam Blanchet told the news site. “I have pride knowing my district is going to have the most expensive stadium in the country.”

http://eagnews.org/boom-texas-high-school-building-70-million-football-stadium/
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:12:04 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: BOOM: Texas high school building $70 million football stadium
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 04:14:14 pm »
Somewhere along the way this school board has lost sight of the purpose of schools - education.  Either that or I'm just old fashioned and don't see things as young people today see them.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 04:19:52 pm »
September 20, 2016
By Victor Skinner

MCKINNEY, Texas – The McKinney Independent School District is planning to build a $70 million football stadium, making it the most expensive high school stadium in the nation.

It also happens to be about $10 million awesomer than the $60 million stadium in the neighboring Allen Independent School District, the Los Angeles Times reports.misdstadium2

“Oh, it’s a rivalry,” McKinney North High School junior Adam Blanchet told the news site. “I have pride knowing my district is going to have the most expensive stadium in the country.”

http://eagnews.org/boom-texas-high-school-building-70-million-football-stadium/

Not sure how this is going to help educate the kids.........

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 04:36:36 pm »
This is going to seem like a reeeeeally bad investment when the Concussion Cartel eventually gets its way and bans football in high school.

(If, for any reason, you think they WON'T get their way, I remind you that boys are now being allowed into girls' restrooms and vice versa. Just wait.)
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 04:58:10 pm »
This is going to seem like a reeeeeally bad investment when the Concussion Cartel eventually gets its way and bans football in high school.

(If, for any reason, you think they WON'T get their way, I remind you that boys are now being allowed into girls' restrooms and vice versa. Just wait.)

Naw, they will just call it a soccer pitch

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 10:40:37 pm »
Naw, they will just call it a soccer pitch
I don't think that will help them much
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/health/youth-soccer-safety/

geronl

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 02:48:49 am »
Taxpayers are a well that never seems to run dry

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 04:32:02 am »
Taxpayers are a well that never seems to run dry
If the flow slows, they just drill the taxpayers deeper.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 06:53:09 pm »
You are exactly right....

Boys in girls restrooms....men become women...women become men...men marrying men....women marrying women....adults marrying children.....people marrying animals.....  this will never stop...we took God out of our country and look where we are headed.   8888crybaby

This will all end when the United States becomes part of the caliphate. :osama:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 07:15:10 pm »
Somewhere along the way this school board has lost sight of the purpose of schools - education.  Either that or I'm just old fashioned and don't see things as young people today see them.

Schools love to play Keeping up with the Joneses and showing off. Our local school district keeps trying to con us out of more money because they want an olympic sized swimming pool like the much wealthier neighboring school district has.

I couldn't care less what the neighboring district has.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 08:09:54 pm »
Schools love to play Keeping up with the Joneses and showing off. Our local school district keeps trying to con us out of more money because they want an olympic sized swimming pool like the much wealthier neighboring school district has.

I couldn't care less what the neighboring district has.
Yup....  our local fire dept and police depts. do the same thing.  Well...so and so town is paying their police so much so we have to match it.....  never ends......

I wish my salary worked like that. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:10:28 pm by mrpotatohead »