Author Topic: From "Million Dollar Man" to preacher man (former professional wrestler Ted DiBiase)  (Read 690 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Ben Houser
ESPN
September 14, 2016

MIDDLEFIELD, Conn. -- It is nearly 11 p.m. on a late-August evening, and we're up in the sanctuary at Victory Christian Church. The congregation that once filled the church is gone, and just four of us remain: a publicist, the pastor, myself, and the subject of the interview. I prop my camera up with a few books and DVDs that went unsold. We do a check for audio levels, and then it happens.

The quiet, humble man I had met only hours earlier unleashed it. He belted out that loud, diabolical laugh that only one man could deliver.

It was Ted DiBiase's alter ego, the "Million Dollar Man."

DiBiase's pro wrestling career spanned four decades, from 1974-2006, to be specific, with his most significant WWE years coming in the late 1980s and early 90s. Now, at age 62, DiBiase is deep into his second career, doing what he has done for the last 16 years.

"I'm preaching the gospel," DiBiase says. "The last thing I thought I would be doing is traveling the country and traveling the world preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, but God had a plan and nobody is more surprised than me. A lot of people who knew me before have been equally surprised over the years."
More

Wikipedia

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:29:06 pm by Machiavelli »