Author Topic: CIS: Immigrant Households Cost Taxpayers 41% More in Welfare Benefits  (Read 814 times)

rangerrebew

CIS: Immigrant Households Cost Taxpayers 41% More in Welfare Benefits

Published: 
Mon, May 9th 2016 @ 11:52 am EDT

The Center for Immigration Studies released a new study showing that households headed by an immigrant uses on average around $6,234 in welfare benefits, a 41% increase compared to households headed by a native. The study used information from the Census Bureau’s 2012 Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP), which is a survey used by the government that provides the most accurate picture of welfare utilization.

CIS’s Executive Director, Mark Krikorian, explained that, “Immigrants are such heavy users of welfare not because they don’t work, but because, on average, they have little education and thus earn low wages. If we continue to permit large numbers of less-educated people to move here from abroad, we have to accept that there will be huge and ongoing costs to taxpayers.”

The CIS study also found that:

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/cis-immigrant-households-cost-taxpayers-41-more-welfare-benefits
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:26:12 am by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: CIS: Immigrant Households Cost Taxpayers 41% More in Welfare Benefits
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 12:24:39 pm »
Is that illegal immigrants only, or all immigrants (in which case the study is overweighted toward legal immigrants).  And how far after initial immigration did the study go?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 11:50:20 pm »
  And how far after initial immigration did the study go?

3 generations.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 07:28:29 am »
CIS’s Executive Director, Mark Krikorian, explained that, “Immigrants are such heavy users of welfare not because they don’t work, but because, on average, they have little education and thus earn low wages. If we continue to permit large numbers of less-educated people to move here from abroad, we have to accept that there will be huge and ongoing costs to taxpayers.”

BS! Legal and illegal immigrants from south of our border and countries that worship salami are heavy users of welfare because the demotards actively promote the welfare system and teach the immigrants how to use the system long before they put their first toe across our border. Also they are rewarded for popping out anchor baby after anchor baby putting stress on our overloaded schools and medical facilities. When my parents immigrated legally from Germany, after being forced out of their native Hungary and waiting years in a time where work and goods were sparse, they were required to first have a sponsor that would be responsible for them and to sign an affidavit that they would not request or accept any government aid or assistance for a period of five years. They managed, like many many others to raise three children paying all the medical and other bills on their own. Now we give invaders more taxpayer funded goods than native born Americans receive, and one of the reasons given why it costs taxpayers so much is because these people are ignorant and unskilled? Why do we not still have the same requirement that neither immigrants or their offspring qualify for assistance for a period of five years? :#@$%: