Author Topic: Will your state be close? Should you vote accordingly?  (Read 9320 times)

Offline endicom

Will your state be close? Should you vote accordingly?
« on: September 16, 2016, 07:01:50 pm »
I'm in New York so my vote usually doesn't count cuz New York votes Dem in national elections.

But what if Trump closed the gap in New York? At this time I intend to vote Trump and a close race would probably clinch that vote.

But...

If Hillary proves to have a lock on New York then my wasted vote can be wasted on anyone so I may change my mind on who I will vote for.

How about your state? Have a strategy?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Will your state be close? Should you vote accordingly?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 07:05:57 pm »
I'm in New York so my vote usually doesn't count cuz New York votes Dem in national elections.

But what if Trump closed the gap in New York? At this time I intend to vote Trump and a close race would probably clinch that vote.

But...

If Hillary proves to have a lock on New York then my wasted vote can be wasted on anyone so I may change my mind on who I will vote for.

How about your state? Have a strategy?

I will not vote for Trump or Hillary under any circumstance. My strategy is to vote for the candidate whom I believe will come closest to moving the ball in the direction I prefer. Smaller, less intrusive government.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 08:38:08 pm »
@endicom

My strategy is to distance myself from liberal  statist pathological liars.  My state won't be close, but if it came down to one vote, Trump wouldn't get mine.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 08:42:52 pm »
I don't care if my state is close or not, I won't be voting for either NY liberal.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 08:50:05 pm »
Vote your conscience whether it is close or not.

Polls won't affect my vote.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 08:58:12 pm »
I'm not voting for Trump.   I expect to vote for Gary Johnson.   But I'm in Pennsylvania,  which could well be THE swing state, so I may ultimately decide to cast a strategic vote.  I may not decide until I'm in the booth. 

I've thought just a bit about bartering my vote in exchange for a McGinty voter switching and voting for Pat Toomey.  The PA Senate race is what is really motivating me to get off my butt on election day.   
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:01:02 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 09:07:50 pm »
I don't expect my state to be close, though it was pretty tight in 2000 (some may remember the five weeks or so of recounts).

But it doesn't matter.  I've never voted "for" POTUS, only against the Dems by holding my nose and voting for whomever won the R primaries.  McCain was tough, told myself that was the last.  Then I went and voted for Romney, but that was it.

Now I vote for the candidate that best meets my values and concerns, if there is one that is good enough.  It's not about Trump.  It's not about HRC.  It's not about SCOTUS.  It's about supporting Conservatives who respect the United States Constitution.  After this round, if the GOP wants MY vote, they can nominate a Conservative.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 09:17:18 pm »
I've never voted "for" POTUS...

I've been of voting age for 50 years and can't recall voting for anyone. I vote against someone unthinkably bad or for the lesser of evils. None have truly been for smaller government.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »

I've thought just a bit about bartering my vote in exchange for a McGinty voter switching and voting for Pat Toomey.  The PA Senate race is what is really motivating me to get off my butt on election day.

[/url]

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 09:20:23 pm »
My state, Massachusetts, will probably vote for Hillary.

Doesn't matter, voting is a statement to me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 09:27:14 pm »
Ben Jacobs ‏@Bencjacobs  1m1 minute ago
CORRECTION: Evan McMullin's write in votes will be counted in Texas

I've finally got somebody to vote for.  McMullin should widely advertise this.  Trump only has a 7 point lead and he could knock a few points off that.

I will write in McMullin.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 09:29:32 pm »
@endicom

My strategy is to distance myself from liberal  statist pathological liars.  My state won't be close, but if it came down to one vote, Trump wouldn't get mine.
@CatherineofAragon

Texas will go for Trump.  I still may vote for Clinton as she isn't insane and Trump is, but it won't matter as Trump will still get Texas.  Voting history in this state shows the majority of Texas Republicans hit the straight ticket button and their voting is done.  It is fast in and out the voting booth.

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 09:36:45 pm »

. I vote against someone unthinkably bad or for the lesser of evils.

I can certainly undertand that position.  I've decided to go in another direction, but it's your vote to use as you see fit.  I really don't get all the bad blood this time around.  We've all got a heck of a tough decision to make and we're not all going to come to the same conclusion.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 11:59:28 am »
I'm in  NJ - it could go to either Trump or Hillary but I feel it will probably go Hillary.

I'm voting 3rd party or writing in a candidate.
Now the other voting - my congresswoman is a dud, I'm voting her out. straight down the Republican ticket congress, assembly, mayor, etc.

I just really want to have a Republican in my congressional district. The woman we have in there now is nice as a church lady, but as a politician she's making my skin crawl with her ultra liberal views.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 12:22:05 pm »
Montana traditionally goes for the GOP at the presidential level and the Dim for governor. It's likely to go closely for Trump but the libertarians have been surprisingly strong the past few presidential elections so I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Johnson and against both Clinton and Trump. We are  going to get our absentee ballots in early October I plan to file it the day we get them and be done with this sorry election..

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 12:39:48 pm »
Montana traditionally goes for the GOP at the presidential level and the Dim for governor. It's likely to go closely for Trump but the libertarians have been surprisingly strong the past few presidential elections so I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Johnson and against both Clinton and Trump. We are  going to get our absentee ballots in early October I plan to file it the day we get them and be done with this sorry election..

Because of Governor Christie, I fear our whole congress may go Blue. To think this was a Red state back in the 60s and 70s. Even the 80s I think.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 12:44:02 pm »
I am in Pennsylvania.  Right now I am leaning Johnson, but might go Trump if the race tightens here.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 01:28:05 pm »
Wisconsin here. I'm not sure how close it will be but I'm assuming at this point it'll go Clinton.

As a Coolidge/Goldwater conservative, I have trouble casting a ballot for Mr Trump. I did back Cruz in the primary as I prefer his Conservatism over Mr Trump's soft statism. However, I cannot even bear the thought of her getting anywhere near the levers of powers ever again. Her tenure as SOS was not only filled with corruption but incompetence. Both will not only continue, but increase if she becomes CIC.

I was hoping that once he got the nomination, Trump's campaign would address the fact that our fiscal situation is becoming dire and the size and scope of government. That's long gone now

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 01:33:21 pm »
@montanajoe @Freya @Victoria33 @massadvj

Idaho votes republican.  That pretty much frees me up.  My main focus will be on the state and local level. I would like to see Rod retain his position as COP since he is more of a peace officer and doesn't so much have the "somebody has to go to jail' mentality.

I'm cynical enough to think that we will see record turnouts in the so called swing states of votes for hillary up to 200%.

And Victoria. Trump may be insane but a vote for hillary is more insane.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 02:07:29 pm »
And Victoria. Trump may be insane but a vote for hillary is more insane.
@bigheadfred

We will have to differ on this.  I am speaking of a clinical personality disorder, which I believe Trump is. That he has a major personality disorder to the point it affects his life and all his decisions.  I have reviewed his behavior from the time he was a small child and believe I am correct.  I have also reviewed Clinton's early behavior and through her life and believe she is normal.  I certainly don't agree with her political beliefs, but that doesn't make her "crazy".  I believe Trump's personality disorder is dangerous for this country should he become president.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 02:09:54 pm »
@bigheadfred

We will have to differ on this.  I am speaking of a clinical personality disorder, which I believe Trump is. That he has a major personality disorder to the point it affects his life and all his decisions.  I have reviewed his behavior from the time he was a small child and believe I am correct.  I have also reviewed Clinton's early behavior and through her life and believe she is normal.  I certainly don't agree with her political beliefs, but that doesn't make her "crazy".  I believe Trump's personality disorder is dangerous for this country should he become president.

We're damned if you do damned if you don't I think. Hillary will just be Obama's 3rd term, which means more 3rd worlders imported, more PC insanity, etc.

Calling Trump a narcissist isn't a stretch either.

With Trump I feel he'll burn it all down which is better than going with suicide by immigration at this point.

Just my opinion though.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 02:17:44 pm »
My conscience is not dictated by location.

No vote for Hillary.  No vote for Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 03:22:55 pm »
@bigheadfred

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Oh yaw. I didn't say hillary was insane. I said voting for her is.  But a hillary presidency gets us that much faster to civil war. May as well get that over and done with.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 04:12:32 pm »
@bigheadfred

I agree, @Victoria33

Hillary is mean and valueless, ambitious and evil, but I haven't seen anything that indicates she is insane.  Trump, on the other hand, has a personality disorder so severe that it borders on insanity.

They are both dangerous to America, and thus, neither will get my vote.

And that doesn't change because I live in a purple state.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 04:39:34 pm »
I agree, @Victoria33

Hillary is mean and valueless, ambitious and evil, but I haven't seen anything that indicates she is insane.  Trump, on the other hand, has a personality disorder so severe that it borders on insanity.

They are both dangerous to America, and thus, neither will get my vote.

And that doesn't change because I live in a purple state.

Everybody should vote their conscience. I have so little faith in the POTUS election process hillary wins no matter what.