Author Topic: This U.S. city has more Syrian refugees than New York and LA combined  (Read 438 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 September 16, 2016 8:00 AM
This U.S. city has more Syrian refugees than New York and LA combined

By Rob Hotakainen

rhotakainen@mcclatchydc.com

WASHINGTON

Despite resistance by Idaho’s top political leaders, 118 Syrian refugees have moved to the Gem State since last Oct. 1, all of them settling in Boise, according to new data from the State Department.

Compared with larger cities, Boise took in a disproportionate share, accepting more than twice as many refugees as New York, with 9, and Los Angeles, with 45, combined.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article102000997.html#storylink=cpy

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: This U.S. city has more Syrian refugees than New York and LA combined
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 02:40:12 am »
September 16, 2016 8:00 AM

Despite resistance by Idaho’s top political leaders, 118 Syrian refugees have moved to the Gem State since last Oct. 1, all of them settling in Boise, according to new data from the State Department.

Compared with larger cities, Boise took in a disproportionate share, accepting more than twice as many refugees as New York, with 9, and Los Angeles, with 45, combined.

@Idaho_Cowboy

Boise can have them. At least our reps put up a united front.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley