Author Topic: See How Blue Origin's Next Spaceflight Test Will Work  (Read 994 times)

Offline kevindavis007

See How Blue Origin's Next Spaceflight Test Will Work
« on: September 16, 2016, 12:22:47 am »

The private spaceflight company Blue Origin plans to launch a crucial abort test of its New Shepard suborbital vehicle next month, and you can get a sneak peek at the action in a new video animation.

Blue Origin, which is run by billionaire Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, plans to see how the New Shepard system would respond to a launch emergency during the uncrewed test, which Bezos said should happen in the first half of October. The new Blue Origin abort video shows viewers how that abort system works.

"A solid rocket motor fires for 2 seconds, quickly separating the crew capsule away from the booster," the video's narrator says. "Once away, the capsule enters a standard descent profile, deploying drogue and main parachutes before coasting down to a landing."

Read More: http://www.isn-news.net/2016/09/see-how-blue-origins-next-spaceflight.html

Space Ping!! Let me know if you want on the list!!!

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline bolobaby

Re: See How Blue Origin's Next Spaceflight Test Will Work
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 01:27:53 am »
I tease a coworker about the Musk/Bezos rivalry. This is a great opportunity to send him a quick email saying, "Oh, look! Bezos wants to blow up a rocket in order to show Musk how to blow one up right!"

Heh.

Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if all this rocket wizardry is in vain. If the Em Drive actually pans out, it could make this kind of tech obsolete in fairly short order!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!