Author Topic: Ford shifting all U.S. small-car production to Mexico  (Read 3920 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Ford shifting all U.S. small-car production to Mexico
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 10:57:01 am »
FWIW, A Ford spokesman came out and said the Fusion was moving to Mexico, to may way for 2 more new models to be built in their existing plant where the Fusion is built.
No job loss, etc, actually an expansion.
It was a capacity issue, according to Ford.

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 12:34:36 pm »
Auto workers who make these cars, and people looking for decent-paying work, that's who cares.

Yes, Ford is moving production of two small-car models to Mexico after 2018. But despite what Trump says, the move won't eliminate any U.S. jobs.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/09/18/what-donald-trump-is-missing-about-ford-motor-comp.aspx

...Trump has railed at Ford for months, citing the Blue Oval as an example of a U.S. company that is shipping jobs to Mexico. But here's what Trump and his supporters are missing: Ford isn't doing this to cut jobs in the U.S., and absolutely no U.S. jobs will be cut as a result of this move. In fact, there might even be some new ones created.

It isn't really news: Ford first told us about this over a year ago...

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 12:45:08 pm »
Yes, Ford is moving production of two small-car models to Mexico after 2018. But despite what Trump says, the move won't eliminate any U.S. jobs.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/09/18/what-donald-trump-is-missing-about-ford-motor-comp.aspx

...Trump has railed at Ford for months, citing the Blue Oval as an example of a U.S. company that is shipping jobs to Mexico. But here's what Trump and his supporters are missing: Ford isn't doing this to cut jobs in the U.S., and absolutely no U.S. jobs will be cut as a result of this move. In fact, there might even be some new ones created.

It isn't really news: Ford first told us about this over a year ago...

Ford, GM and Chrysler all make cars all over the world. (you can find a listing via Wikipedia)

I'm kind of curious why the fixation with Ford and why the fixation with Mexico. Why not GM and Canada?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 01:44:23 pm »
Ford, GM and Chrysler all make cars all over the world. (you can find a listing via Wikipedia)

I'm kind of curious why the fixation with Ford and why the fixation with Mexico. Why not GM and Canada?
Ford didn't take bailout money like GM.
DT doesn't like Mexicans. He's been pumping hate at them to corral the anger of the un/underemployed white guys from the start. "Wall", "deport", and all that. Of course, he has no intention of either, but it was a great gimmick to get people on the train early on.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »
Maybe Ford figured these are jobs that Americans don't want to do. :whistle:

Maybe the current US Tax and regulatory environment makes it impossible for them to continue to manufacture in the US and remain competitive in the world's markets!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 02:16:17 pm »
Maybe the current US Tax and regulatory environment makes it impossible for them to continue to manufacture in the US and remain competitive in the world's markets!

And only a moron threatens to punish them for fleeing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 02:22:52 pm »
And only a moron threatens to punish them for fleeing.
When the wall gets built, the guard towers will face inward...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis