Author Topic: NFL LIVE THREAD WEEK TWO  (Read 7583 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: NFL LIVE THREAD WEEK TWO
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2016, 08:13:00 am »
I repeat............ I happened upon this thread, thinking it was about football.  Don't worry.  I won't be back.

At any rate, enjoy your boyhood fun.  If I want to actually talk about football and the NFL, I'll go elsewhere.

ML....

I very much respect your posts in the politico area.  However, I have known Bender many years at FR, and very much enjoy his mix of irreverent fun of looking at cute women and having football discussion.  Kind of like what would happen at a bunch of guys house on any weekend football get together.

There are thread areas that i don't care to partake, due to content and/or atmosphere.  Just part of the dynamics of the forum system.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2016, 08:16:59 am »
Okay, the "Kill the NFL and all who even mention it!" Crowd is at it on FR, so for those of like mind coming up here:

How do we get rid of folk who demand everyone follow them blindly and nothing else??

You know the type, they say we do away with anything that they don't like or they get their head cut off--

Oh, wait! You do know that type-- You see them each and every time you look in a mirror.

While I disagree with your wish to cancel any and all NFL activity, I will defend to the death your right to say it—

However, speech isn’t free if you alone says what is correct and what ain’t.

You anti-NFL folk have expressed your opinion, I shall not waste any more time talking to y'all.

So, with all due respect, if you don't like this thread-- Well, don't visit. No one is forcing you to--

When it comes time next February,when everyone is talking SB, remind those negative Nancy's at FR how hypocritical they are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2016, 01:25:50 pm »

ML....

I very much respect your posts in the politico area.  However, I have known Bender many years at FR, and very much enjoy his mix of irreverent fun of looking at cute women and having football discussion.  Kind of like what would happen at a bunch of guys house on any weekend football get together.

There are thread areas that i don't care to partake, due to content and/or atmosphere.  Just part of the dynamics of the forum system.

As I said earlier, I came to the thread thinking it was about NFL football, which I LOVE.  I have no problem with "cute women" or the fact that men enjoy looking at barely clad, well-endowed women, but for me it is profoundly disrespectful to women (and the women who dress that way extremely disrespectful of themselves).

I'm only back here because you posted politely to me.  I have no interest in seeing the inside of a boys' locker room, and am sorry I messed up Benders' fun with a reminder that women deserve respect.  (And again, am not surprised this is a TOS thread........ misogyny abounds there).

At any rate, the Browns are pretty much hopeless, so until the playoffs, I stick pretty much with Buckeye football, and they are, under Urban Meyer, absolutely AWESOME.

The easy defeat of OU Saturday was a beautiful thing and Noah Brown's end zone catch was one of the best receptions I've ever seen in football.

So again...... GO TRIBE!...... GO CAVS!........ and GO BUCKEYES!!

(When I see an NFL thread posted by Bender next time, I'll stay very far away).

@catfish1957
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 01:26:56 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2016, 02:13:14 pm »
As I said earlier, I came to the thread thinking it was about NFL football, which I LOVE.  I have no problem with "cute women" or the fact that men enjoy looking at barely clad, well-endowed women, but for me it is profoundly disrespectful to women (and the women who dress that way extremely disrespectful of themselves).

I'm only back here because you posted politely to me.  I have no interest in seeing the inside of a boys' locker room, and am sorry I messed up Benders' fun with a reminder that women deserve respect.  (And again, am not surprised this is a TOS thread........ misogyny abounds there).

At any rate, the Browns are pretty much hopeless, so until the playoffs, I stick pretty much with Buckeye football, and they are, under Urban Meyer, absolutely AWESOME.

The easy defeat of OU Saturday was a beautiful thing and Noah Brown's end zone catch was one of the best receptions I've ever seen in football.

So again...... GO TRIBE!...... GO CAVS!........ and GO BUCKEYES!!

(When I see an NFL thread posted by Bender next time, I'll stay very far away).

@catfish1957
Perhaps a running "No T&A" thread might be in order? That will let Bender have his fun and anyone not interested in his style can discuss things there. (After all, we have a Trump caucus for similar reasons...) I can start that one this evening.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:13:34 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2016, 02:20:20 pm »
Perhaps a running "No T&A" thread might be in order? That will let Bender have his fun and anyone not interested in his style can discuss things there. (After all, we have a Trump caucus for similar reasons...) I can start that one this evening.

Yeah.  That will work about as well as the USFL, WORLD LEAGUE OF AMERICAN FOOTBALL, NFL EUROPE, WOMEN’S AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE, and the XFL.

But hey, go for it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2016, 02:22:08 pm »
Yeah.  That will work about as well as the USFL, WORLD LEAGUE OF AMERICAN FOOTBALL, NFL EUROPE, WOMEN’S AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE, and the XFL.

But hey, go for it.

There's not a single parallel there.  This is a thread on a forum for a few guys, not an international sports league.

Yikes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2016, 03:53:47 pm »

But hey, go for it.

Not to mention the lingerie league.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2016, 04:01:15 pm »

But hey, go for it.

And btw, I guess these uniforms have nothing to do with the NFL.  /s

Wingnut

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2016, 05:56:08 pm »
Not to mention the lingerie league.

Oh Yeah! The LLLL (Lipstick Lesbian Lingerie League!)

Could have been a contender!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2016, 08:09:23 pm »

But hey, go for it.
Hey, it doesn't cost me a hundred million dollars to put up a thread (as opposed to the startup costs of those leagues) so why not?

Besides, I might make it a generic "football" thread so that I can talk about other football (college, CFL, etc.). Build a niche and all.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024