Author Topic: House Appropriations Committee puts Dept. of State portion of RAP at 2015 levels  (Read 379 times)

rangerrebew

House Appropriations Committee puts Dept. of State portion of RAP at 2015 levels

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 13, 2016

Well, well, apparently this happened two months ago as the House Appropriations Committee finished its work on the budget for FY2017.  I don’t understand the whole process myself and maybe this is in the House report only as a bargaining chip, but to assign the Dept. of State a 2015 spending level for the Refugee Admissions Program (RAP) would necessarily freeze the number that could be resettled at 70,000. Our so-called religious charities (over 90% funded by taxpayers) don’t work for nothing!
anne-richard-cspan

Just so you know! Richard is a political appointee, and as such, she should be out of the DOS at the end of January if Donald Trump is elected President.

Although it is too much money to suit me, it is no where near enough money to accommodate 200,000 refugees (or even the 100,000 Obama was yakking about previously for this coming year).

Here is what the report (published 2 months ago) says. When you look at the numbers below remember that the DOS sends your money elsewhere in the world for refugees too, but it is the Refugee Admissions Program portion that interests us in this discussion.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2016/09/13/house-appropriations-committee-puts-dept-of-state-portion-of-rap-at-2015-levels/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:22:22 am by rangerrebew »