Author Topic: Genesis Project Proposes Seeding Earth-Like Planets, Possibly Creating Alien Life  (Read 4135 times)

Offline kevindavis007

The search for alien life seems to be an impatient one. There have been discussions that perhaps humans are just late to the party, or perhaps much too early. Whether alien life is extinct or yet to appear, humans might not want to wait around for either answer. They might want to go ahead and create alien life by seeding distant planets. It’s either brilliant, or the setup of another Lovecraftian horror movie. Or it’s simply the Genesis Project.

Proposed in an essay in Astrophysics and Space Science by theoretical physicist Claudius Gros of Goethe University Frankfurt in Germany, the Genesis Project would send A.I. probes loaded with microbes to Earth-like planets. There are Earth-like planets out there, why not accept our hubris in wanting to populate them?

The purpose would be simple, albeit based on science fiction theory. The A.I. would deposit the microbes on the planet and hopefully millions of years later they’d evolve into multi-cellular organisms and eventually advanced forms of life. Like semi-intelligent humanoid crime-solving rodents. I’m assuming the microbes got messed up en route.

The microbes would have to be genetically engineered to not only survive unknown variables such as environment and atmosphere, but to be able to creatively thrive. This would, in theory, create new species’ unique to whatever planet(s) that the A.I. probes drop their payloads. Sure, we would have to wait millions of years to see the result of this experiment, but in effect, we’d be creating alien life. These micro-organisms would evolve into species that don’t exist on Earth.

Constructing a smart microbe to survive is one thing, getting it there is another. The A.I. probes would have to be a few bolts better than the ones the Empire uses. The A.I. would traverse space and assess the current condition of the target planet. Perhaps the planet is already thriving with life, then what? Disrupt it or move on? At this point, there are no answers to these questions. There are just more questions.

Read More: http://www.isn-news.net/2016/09/genesis-project-proposes-seeding-earth.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The A.I. would traverse space and assess the current condition of the target planet. Perhaps the planet is already thriving with life, then what? Disrupt it or move on?

At some point you've gotta say, screw the life that's there or you'll never get anywhere. Sure you want to study new life in pristine environments but you can't do it forever.

As far as intelligent life is concerned, I'm not interested. If they're more primitive than us they'll get in our way. If they're more advanced they pose a threat. The only life I'm interested in is life we can eat. Life we can eat is the primary reason we should be a little leery of advanced life finding us. Everything they could find on earth can be found in vast abundance in space aside from one thing. Plant and animal protein.

Offline kevindavis007

At some point you've gotta say, screw the life that's there or you'll never get anywhere. Sure you want to study new life in pristine environments but you can't do it forever.

As far as intelligent life is concerned, I'm not interested. If they're more primitive than us they'll get in our way. If they're more advanced they pose a threat. The only life I'm interested in is life we can eat. Life we can eat is the primary reason we should be a little leery of advanced life finding us. Everything they could find on earth can be found in vast abundance in space aside from one thing. Plant and animal protein.

So you are OK with getting rid of the old matrix, with a new matrix?? Why you green blooded inhuman..

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
At some point you have to say forget not interfering and start interplanetary mating.

It has been a while since I saw it (like decades) but I recall the big finale to Star Trek TNG was discovering an ancient species that billions of years ago seeded the galaxy which is why all the different species looked similar.

Offline kevindavis007

At some point you have to say forget not interfering and start interplanetary mating.

It has been a while since I saw it (like decades) but I recall the big finale to Star Trek TNG was discovering an ancient species that billions of years ago seeded the galaxy which is why all the different species looked similar.

I happen to be a proponent of Interplanetary Mating (i.e. modifying the Human race to adapt to the said planet).

That would be the The Chase and I saw that recently.

Offline rodamala

I'm not saying it was Humans... but it was...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I'm hoping we find the dog planet and the cat planet.

Seeding planets sounds like something from Star Trek.

Humans will have to leave this planet eventually because our sun won't be stable. So this is fascinating.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

@Freya

I think that at the last interplanetary mating we ended up with Venus.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Freya

I think that at the last interplanetary mating we ended up with Venus.

I like Vulcans. I could use a little more logic right now in my life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
At some point you've gotta say, screw the life that's there or you'll never get anywhere.
@AbaraXas @RAT Patrol @HonestJohn

See? This is exactly my view of Islam, but somehow? that makes me morally and ethically challenged. IMO, you could launch a couple of them at Mars without spending tons of money on spacecraft and high tech habitats, etc. and they would have the place up and running in no time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline rodamala

@Freya

I like Vulcans. I could use a little more logic right now in my life.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Freya

Doggie is not logical. A Vulcan has more in common with a kitteh, @rodamala. Live long and prospurr.

Cc; @Hopalong Ginsberg

Besides, it's still a neat dream to imagine life on other planets, humanoid or not. Like, what would life on Titan, Saturn's moon be like?

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

Doggie is not logical. A Vulcan has more in common with a kitteh, @rodamala. Live long and prospurr.

Cc; @Hopalong Ginsberg

Besides, it's still a neat dream to imagine life on other planets, humanoid or not. Like, what would life on Titan, Saturn's moon be like?

@Freya @rodamala

Offline rodamala

@Hopalong Ginsberg
@Freya

My favorite Nimoy headshot:

Live Long and PawsPurr.

geronl

I think going there in person is a better idea, but it's a possible side project. :p

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

@Hopalong Ginsberg
@Freya

My favorite Nimoy headshot:

Live Long and PawsPurr.

@rodamala

:thumbsup3:

Offline uglybiker

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Oceander

Well, this thread has certainly taken a, uh, strange turn!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well, this thread has certainly taken a, uh, strange turn!
@uglybiker

I am frankly appalled that even Spock isn't above getting a little strange.

Offline Cripplecreek

@uglybiker

I am frankly appalled that even Spock isn't above getting a little strange.

As far as I'm aware I haven't seeded any alien planets.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

At least you tried.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Seeding alien plants will give you tribbles I think. :)

Hey, it's Sunday. I'm trying my best to make a Star Trek joke.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Seeding alien plants will give you tribbles I think. :)

Hey, it's Sunday. I'm trying my best to make a Star Trek joke.
@Cripplecreek

Could cause all kinds of Tribbelations.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek

Could cause all kinds of Tribbelations.

All it takes to get rid of Tribbles is kerosene and an ice pick.