Poll

Head count check in.  Have any of the "Nevers" crossed over to the Trump Side?

Hell No
21 (77.8%)
See Option 1
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 10, 2016, 09:46:53 pm

Author Topic: The Trumpers vs. The Never-Trumpers  (Read 11232 times)

Wingnut

The Trumpers vs. The Never-Trumpers
« on: September 11, 2016, 09:46:53 pm »
Just checking if any of the "Nevers" have crossed over to the Trump?

Wingnut

Re: The Trumpers vs. The Never-Trumpers
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:58:24 pm »
Just read @Frank Cannon went over to the dark side.  LOL.  But he's still one of us at heart.

Say it ain't so.   I'll piss on his grave at Forrest Lawn if this is true.   

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:11:56 pm »
Yes I think it's on the Ivanka thread.  But hold your potty.  He's still the same old Frank who is disgusted with Trump.

Truth Seeker hacked his account?  Aligncare?  RiV...  say it ain't so.  sniff..sniff

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:14:37 pm »
Yes I think it's on the Ivanka thread.  But hold your potty.  He's still the same old Frank who is disgusted with Trump.

Disgusted is too kind. I daydream about him being assaulted by a pack of angry midgets wielding socks with oranges in them.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 10:22:38 pm »
@Wingnut
See what I mean?  He's still one of us.
Disgusted is too kind. I daydream about him being assaulted by a pack of angry midgets wielding socks with oranges in them.

@Once-Ler  can be the judge.  I am concerned he may have changed his will.  I was supposed to get his Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 10:29:16 pm »
:happyhappy:

Even with the busted springs, oil leaks ...it has value... 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 10:41:10 pm »
I won't.

I've folded and will be sitting out this hand.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 02:46:02 am »
@Once-Ler  can be the judge.  I am concerned he may have changed his will.  I was supposed to get his Lincoln
@Frank Cannon

As we all know, Frank is a devoutly religious man, and I am convinced he intends to vote for Trump to quicken the rapture, and birth the Armageddon of Revelations, so as to hasten the return of Jesus.  It is not for me to judge how God revealed his plans through Frank.

But honestly Frank, that divine vision you had the other night was just a hallucination brought on my cheap rum and dinner at Chipotle's.  It was narrated by William Shatner...Shatner is not dead...If God was speaking to you he would have used Leonard Nimoy.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:52:16 am by Once-Ler »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 04:50:23 am »
Trump's own mouth, and Trump's rabid militants continuously confirm my decision to vote Castle and work to get as many people to write-in or vote Constitution party is more than warranted and necessary.

Not that it matters in this neo-Soviet Oligarchy we got running things in this former Republic.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 05:49:01 am »
I was supposed to get his Lincoln
Lincoln is still on the cent. They only changed the back...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 12:34:08 pm »
I wonder if the Never Trump die hards realize they have painted themselves into a lose lose position out of unthinking arrogance and petulance?

If Trump wins, they are proven politically irrelevant and impotent.

If Trump loses, they are going to be the scapegoats blamed by everyone on the Right for him losing.

The Hate Trump Always squad has decided to stay in the car and slow roll over the cliff rather than bail out for no other reason then childish petulance and unbridled arrogance.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 12:34:48 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 12:36:03 pm »
I wonder if the Never Trump die hards realize they have painted themselves into a lose lose position out of unthinking arrogance and petulance?

If Trump loses, they are going to be the scapegoats blamed by everyone on the Right for him losing.

The Hate Trump Always squad has decided to stay in the car and slow roll over the cliff rather than bail out for no other reason then childish petulance and unbridled arrogance.

Or maybe we're adults who don't care if the popular kids like us or not.

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 03:46:28 pm »
It has been a lose lose position since the convention.
If Trump loses, Hitlery wins.
If Hitlery loses, Trump wins.

I will be no more happy with either...and Johnnie...I am sorry you don't approve of how I arrogantly and petulantly choose to use my vote.  It's too bad the Founders of our country did not, in their crappy wisdom, just say let GAJohnny decide.  Now go spread your love to the other 100 million Americans who will not vote for President in November, and have a nice day. ^-^

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 03:50:38 pm »
Or maybe we're adults who don't care if the popular kids like us or not.

CC. ,,< cough> er... we are the popular kids.  That's why he's mad.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 04:19:08 pm »

As if principles were a lose, lose position.  Revealing how many so-called "Conservatives" think so today.  This by the way is the exact same argument we hear from so-called "Christians" - who tell us that refusing to embrace homosexual marriage is a lose, lose position.

Something you people told us since early on in the primaries, which is why your prince and you Militants said Trump did not need, nor want our support or votes.

Something you people have said since early on in the primaries: if Trump loses, it is because of Cruz and Conservatives and they will be held "accountable" - some of your compatriots actually telling us they plan to rove around the countryside in "Patriot Squads" and execute us for treason - simply because we did not vote for your prince.

We bailed out a long time ago.  It's why we are no longer part of your party and we are voting for someone other than the two liberal NY Democrats running on the top of the ticket.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 04:39:40 pm »

Oh, there has been plenty of thought. I am ever amazed that you believe someone who lied throughout the campaign about opponents, who repetitively, maliciously, viciously, lied to attack another candidate, his wife, and family, is somehow going to tell YOU the truth and treat YOU with respect.

My, my, aren't you special.

We didn't paint ourselves into a corner.

We stood up for what we believed was right, and still are.

There is a door where we are. It leads to an exit from the GOP, from being stuck on the Republican Plantation and 'forced' to vote for one steaming pile because the other steaming pile is just a little more fragrant. It leads to freedom from the contempt of the GOP masters who have contemptuously ignored principle to do as they please, because 'who else are you going to vote for?' Through that door is the future of America, the departure from bid'ness as usual and the totalitarian creep of the uniparty. Do you have the courage of conviction to leave the plantation?

Or are you going to stay there and keep hot tubbing with all the other froggies in the pot?

You speak of a lose/lose situation, well you are the folks who insisted on it. You're right in that my favored candidate, short of Divine Intervention, is highly unlikely to win the election. But I am voting for more than just a man. I am voting for a Party Platform as well, one which advocates a return to the Constitutional constraints and duties placed on the Federal Government by the Constitution of these United States.

You may have a problem with the Constitution, maybe you don't like it. From appearances, both of the major parties are willing to treat it with contempt. Perhaps that is the future you genuinely want, with one of two candidates who either are ignorant of the Constitution or who see it only as something to be circumvented. But there are other candidates, other choices besides the false dichotomy we have been presented with for a century. There are over 70 political parties in the US, some major, some currently minor, some obscure and going to stay that way. Of these, there are a very few with viable political ideas, but one which bases its party platform directly on the United States Constitution and original intent.

If you wish to keep trying to turn the leftward turning leviathan of the GOP to the right, be my guest. It has become apparent that the people in positions of power within the Party and a significant plurality of those who call themselves Republicans have no desire to return to a Constitutional Republic, otherwise, policy and principles would do more than pay lip service to the concept. The party would not be so quick to attack their own members who have espoused a return to a more Constitutionally authorized Federal Government, nor so adamant about doing so.

I will instead spend my energies building the Party which embraces our Constitution in an effort to return this Nation to a Constitutional Republic and turn it away from the totalitarianism which both major parties have been imposing. That isn't a corner, it isn't lose/lose, it is neither unthinking nor arrogance nor petulance. It is instead a prayerful investment in the future.

If you could show me where you could rationally expect that either of the major parties is on course to return to the Constitutional principle of a limited Federal Government, I'd be all eyes, but I have been looking for decades as both parties are moving in the wrong direction.

Have you considered if Trump wins, the people who supported him will get the blame?

If he loses, those of us who have repeatedly been told how insignificant we are, and how we were neither needed nor desired will, of course, be at fault in the minds of those who have selected this abomination of a candidate, a New York Liberal, to represent the Republican Party, despite telling those who demanded to have him since Iowa and before that he was the wrong candidate to back. I would expect no less than those who have perpetrated this folly blaming someone else for the results they so vocally insisted on, simply because it is in keeping with the nature of people he would have appealed to in the first place.

Those do not include the significant group who will grudgingly vote for him out of fear of the other candidate, but that has ever been the whip with which the GOP overseers have herded voters to the polls to vote for marginal or poor candidates (or more correctly, to vote against their opponents). If your conscience steers you in that direction, then leave those of us who will not go there again in peace.
“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your consul, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget ye were our countrymen.”
— Samuel Adams
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:45:34 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 04:42:10 pm »
Just checking if any of the "Nevers" have crossed over to the Trump?

Since neither Trump nor his supporters have given me a reason to vote FOR Trump and since Trump himself has said that he does not need conservatives ...... no.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 04:45:31 pm »
We bailed out a long time ago.  It's why we are no longer part of your party and we are voting for someone other than the two liberal NY Democrats running on the top of the ticket.
[/quote]

Enjoy Hillary as POTUS, enjoy the Marxist takeover of the USA that YOU will be enabling. Enjoy seeing our Constitution trashed by all the Marxist judge Hillary will appoint. Enjoy seeing the country over run by third world migration that Hillary will allow to stay. Enjoy watching a pro-terrorist pro Muslim Brotherhood foreign policy that Hillary will continue. But by all means stick to your "principles" while this nation, it's people and your children are first enslaved and then murdered. Congratulations on being such a "principled conservative".

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

If Trump wins, since he sided with the GOPe, he will have shown that he is their man.  If he loses, it will go to show that you cant win without your base - a lesson the GOPe refuses to learn.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 04:47:44 pm »

I'm voting against Trump so the loathsome alt-right will be repudiated once and for all.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 04:54:42 pm »

Enjoy Hillary as POTUS, enjoy the Marxist takeover of the USA that YOU will be enabling. Enjoy seeing our Constitution trashed by all the Marxist judge Hillary will appoint. Enjoy seeing the country over run by third world migration that Hillary will allow to stay. Enjoy watching a pro-terrorist pro Muslim Brotherhood foreign policy that Hillary will continue. But by all means stick to your "principles" while this nation, it's people and your children are first enslaved and then murdered. Congratulations on being such a "principled conservative".
We are no longer members of your party. You have no right to demand our vote. You made this mess, at loud and long insistence. Own it. Tell your grandchildren how you helped forge their chains. There were, and there still are alternatives, but you have kissed the ring of your Master, and have committed yourselves (and countless others) to perdition with him.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 04:57:04 pm »

So now we have 5 new words to describe us today:

irrelevant
impotent
scapegoats
petulant
arrogant

I'd honestly say I am in the undecided camp.
The only vote I know I will not cast at this time is one for Hillary.
Yet, when you see things like this being written, you sometimes can't help but walk away shaking your head.
How many times did you go along with something after you've been told you were irrelevant, impotent, etc?
I take it you have never been in sales.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 05:05:15 pm »

I'd say you are in "the world is going to end unless we...." category.

We have survived Wilson, FDR,LBJ,Carter, Clinton, and so far, Obama.
We will survive Clinton, or Trump.

I'll say this, Hillary people aren't running around telling me we will die if Trump wins.
I haven't heard it anyway.
Now, a lot of them say they will leave the country, but they say that every time a Republican is elected.

I will not vote for Hillary, that you can be sure of.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 05:33:06 pm »
Even if we were still members, he would have no right to demand our vote.
So very true.

C S Lewis

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 05:37:52 pm »

If any of that stuff was important to you, you would have pick an electable nominee.