Author Topic: ‘Boycott NFL’ sweeps internet because if ungrateful players can sit-out anthem, fans can sit-out games  (Read 849 times)

rangerrebew

‘Boycott NFL’ sweeps internet because if ungrateful players can sit-out anthem, fans can sit-out games
September 9, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

The American public has had enough of the NFL sitting idly by.

Thursday night Denver Broncos player Brandon Marshall became the latest player to take knee during the anthem, and the first of the regular season. His protest came only hours after Seattle Seahawks players threatened a team-wide protest for their game on Sept. 11.

Those incidences were the end of the line for many, and the hashtag #BoycottNFL began trending on social media where it remained on Twitter’s top 10 trending topics Friday.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/09/09/boycott-nfl-sweeps-internet-ungrateful-players-can-sit-anthem-fans-can-sit-games-388603#ixzz4Jz1AmNIO

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm in.  I love football.  I haven't watched much N(ational) F(elons) L(eague) for several years now, and will continue to not watch.  Clean it up or my time and business goes elsewhere.

Love me some college football though!

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
I'll find this easy to do, because I'm a nominal fan of the Detroit Lions.  Boycotting the leftist asswipes of ESPN wouldn't be a bad long-term policy, either.  Drop-kick the bastards by skipping Monday Night Football.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I blame NFL management to perpetuate the unpatriotism being displayed.

Players can be benched or removed at any time by the NFL.

The intentional permissiveness of these protests are tacit approval by the NFL so the entire football league is deemed unpatriotic in not condemning this display.

I saw a college game yesterday have something similar as the idiot QB of TCU(who Texas A&M last year got rid of as a bad egg) decided to display a gangster slit-your-throat mimic after a TD that cost his team 15 yards and allowed Arkansas to score easier in the waning moments of the game, effectively costing TCU the game.

When the QB made his mimic, the camera panned the crowd and his dad gave the Black Power fist salute to his son.

The fruit does not fall far from the trees.  Costly mistake by TCU to take a known thug.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Longmire

I was already boycotting the NFL until Tom Brady is allowed to play, I guess I'll re-evaluate the situation for week 5.

I wish they'd fire Roger Goodell already.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
..and then there is the Cowboys who, although they can't seem to hold on to a ball, haven't forgotten what country they are in.