Author Topic: Never-Trumpers vs. Reluctant Trumpers  (Read 25518 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Never-Trumpers vs. Reluctant Trumpers
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2016, 07:09:44 am »
Now, for those reading this...we have known each other from another site for many months.  We have had good communications, back and forth.  We were on the same side on this for the same reason, for a long time.

Now it's crunch time.  As I have said in other posts.

I'm not going to get up there and do backflips and high kicks with the rest of the Dance Squad.  I'm not going to cheer.  I'm not going to put a bumper sticker on my car.

But I am NOT going to stand there and let this deranged Alinskyite take the nation right into Venezuelan Hell. 

When you're in a crisis, you assess where you're at and where you can go.  A writer who lived in the Wisconsin town I used to live in, got his big break documenting his experiences on a rural volunteer fire department.  His fire-company's territory was over a hundred square miles - most of it farm or woods; some hunting or summer cabins with poor roads in and out.

It wasn't uncommon to be called to an out-of-the-way fire in the middle of the night.  An empty summer home, fully engulfed.  The focus, with their one tank-truck of water, would shift from fire extinguishing to controlling the spread; preventing further property damage.

The cabin would be left to burn, as the fire crews watered trees and outbuildings.

That's where we are now.  We aren't going to get where we want to go with this loud freak with the goofy hair.  But we aren't going to go in the WRONG DIRECTION, at least not as fast.

I don't think there's many good qualities to recommend Donald Trump.  But he is not a TRAITOR, for the love of God!

It's time to deal with what is.
I understand what you are saying, and I know where you are coming from, and I don't begrudge you for coming to logical conclusions based on realistic observations of the messed up world you see in front of you.

There but for the grace of God go I.

People fail you, and it is never the accusations of the enemy that sting, but the people you know and admire that make you feel like crap.  It is never the betrayals of the enemy that hurt you, but the betrayals of the guy who you thought was on your team damage you the most.

You have to do what you think is best for your family and your country, and nobody can step into your shoes and know what you know.

I often look at the world through the prism of a manager of people, because that is what I do for a living.  I have seldom gotten screwed over by a worker who I didn't trust, because I knew to look out for them.  I have often been screwed by the the worker who I thought I could trust.

I know there will be many battles to stop Hitlery.  I have no idea what battles will be needed to stop Trump.  I can't vote for him.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2016, 11:36:12 am »
@Doug Loss since you're likely a Democrat I have no problem with your doing that. I only wish there was a way to hold you to it.

Hah.  I've never voted Democrat since I cast my first presidential ballot in 1972.  But I am a principled conservative.  I know, in your world that equates to a Democrat.  That only shows how warped your view of reality is.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2016, 01:31:15 pm »
Hah.  I've never voted Democrat since I cast my first presidential ballot in 1972.  But I am a principled conservative.  I know, in your world that equates to a Democrat.  That only shows how warped your view of reality is.
Just to note, this is the accusation, the epithet du jour for the Trumpanistas. Keep in mind that in their limited worldview you are either 'A' or 'B', they deny the rest of the alphabet (with the possible exception of GLBTQ). For those who think they live on a flat Earth, anyone who thinks it is roughly spherical has a 'warped view' of reality.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2016, 01:41:19 pm »
Just to note, this is the accusation, the epithet du jour for the Trumpanistas. Keep in mind that in their limited worldview you are either 'A' or 'B', they deny the rest of the alphabet (with the possible exception of GLBTQ). For those who think they live on a flat Earth, anyone who thinks it is roughly spherical has a 'warped view' of reality.

Oh, I know.  They're positively leftist in their responses to disagreement.  The main difference is that the other leftists scream "fascist!" when they mean, "I disagree with you and want to paint you as unacceptable in polite society," while the Trumpenfaithful scream "Democrat!" for the same purpose.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!