Author Topic: For those who are Never Trump or leaning that way, what would he need to do in order for you to change your mind?  (Read 14077 times)

Offline kartographer

(All) harrumph, harrumph! harrumph! harrumph! (louder) harrumph, harrumph! harrumph! harrumph!

Isn't that the Trump song from TOS?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
(All) harrumph, harrumph! harrumph! harrumph! (louder) harrumph, harrumph! harrumph! harrumph!

The tune goes like this..

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Perry, Reagan, once Democrats.

George W. Bush campaigned as a Conservative. Did he govern that way?  He campaigned conservatively per America getting involved in foreign entanglements. Did the Neo-Cons sway him?  Did he secure our borders? What use is it to campaign as a conservative and have somewhat of a record on being conservative but not follow through when elected president?
Did I miss something, is GW running, I thought the question concerned Trump.

Offline GtHawk

Vote for a Texas Conservative, was a vote for a Presidency that had amnesty for illegal aliens on the table, got involved in a war that accelerated the persecution of Christians most closely associated with Jesus Christ, Iraqi Christians and yes, that started during that administration, Thanks Dubya and helped inflame sectarianism throughout the region.

Offline GtHawk

Clinton Bush, gets us in wars.

Trump, the NY Liberal who told the Generals, have a solution to ISIS in 30 days, we get it.
Trump hasn't told the Generals diddly squat, all he has done is make more politician campaign promises,he aint been elected, at least not yet. But at least this time you said something about Trump.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:20:50 am by GtHawk »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Liberals and leftover Ron Paul mob zombies have an eternal hard on to eschew Bush as Satan incarnate.

I find it amusing they continue to do that so as to play apologist for the NY liberal Democrat running on the GOP ticket.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GtHawk

Liberals and leftover Ron Paul mob zombies have an eternal hard on to eschew Bush as Satan incarnate.

I find it amusing they continue to do that so as to play apologist for the NY liberal Democrat running on the GOP ticket.
Well I have my issues with GW, no one one is perfect and certainly not him, but the one one thing I never doubted was his love for America, and I doubt that greatly about Trump because he will never ever get beyond his love of self.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
In my wildest dreams , both Trump and Hillary quit, resign.

We go back to the drawing board and this time find two decent candidates.

Then I wake up and it's just a dream.  888cryingkitty
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Wouldn't that be nice.

I like that crying kitty.  Cute.

Thank you. I feel like that sometimes about this election. I just don't understand with all the millions of people in this country who are eligible to run - we get two who shouldn't even run for dog catcher. Where Are all the great leaders in the country? Are they too scared to run? 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:05:27 pm by Freya »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Oh I apologize if my last post hijacked the thread......I was just venting.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Change my mind? That ship has long since sailed.

However, I'd shut up ACTIVE opposition to him if he managed to go two entire weeks without saying something stupid or flip flopping.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

I believe that TomSea thinks that calling Bush a Christian killer makes his beloved Trump's amorality and debauchery look better.

He did the same thing in bashing Reagan for abortion to defend Trump's being a pro-partial birth abortion monster.

You have to lie quite a bit to make Trump look like a moral choice and TomSea does it relentlessly.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Change my mind? That ship has long since sailed.

However, I'd shut up ACTIVE opposition to him if he managed to go two entire weeks without saying something stupid or flip flopping.

How about two hours?  Or maybe even two minutes?  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Oh I apologize if my last post hijacked the thread......I was just venting.

It's a vent the majority of us share, @Freya .

We all want to wake up from this nightmare election where the two worst human beings on earth are the nominees of the two major parties.

And for the record, there's not a thing that Trump could do to persuade me to vote for him.

He has a 70 year record of being a reprobate leftist and a liar, so nothing he does now could possibly change my mind.

I don't believe a word he says.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

I agree.  I think it is rotten how Trump, vying to be the slammer-in-chief, has slammed Bush for pretty much everything he did.  That's why I chose my 9/11 avatar to respect how he handled 9/11.  He did many things very well.  He also had a good heart.  Something I cannot say I ever see in Trump.

I love your avatar photo, and share your view on GW.  I truly think that TomSea's incessant bashing of Bush is that he knows that Bush had character and Trump doesn't and is desperate to make his idol look good in spite of the ugly facts about who he really is.

Offline bolobaby

Spend ten years as a consistent conservative, supporting no liberals, and championing conservative causes.

Dump Twitter and start acting presidential instead of like a petulant high school sophomore.

Learn something about the world so that he can talk about topics in a coherent and informed manner. Remove the words yuge, tremendous, fantastic, and loser from his vocabulary.

Stop attacking others who demonstrate these qualities.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
It's a vent the majority of us share, @Freya .

We all want to wake up from this nightmare election where the two worst human beings on earth are the nominees of the two major parties.

And for the record, there's not a thing that Trump could do to persuade me to vote for him.

He has a 70 year record of being a reprobate leftist and a liar, so nothing he does now could possibly change my mind.

I don't believe a word he says.

blij26.  And thank you @musiclady
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:50:44 pm by Freya »

Offline musiclady

Spend ten years as a consistent conservative, supporting no liberals, and championing conservative causes.

Dump Twitter and start acting presidential instead of like a petulant high school sophomore.

Learn something about the world so that he can talk about topics in a coherent and informed manner. Remove the words yuge, tremendous, fantastic, and loser from his vocabulary.

Stop attacking others who demonstrate these qualities.

Nice summation.

But we all know it ain't gonna happen.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Well I have my issues with GW, no one one is perfect and certainly not him, but the one one thing I never doubted was his love for America, and I doubt that greatly about Trump because he will never ever get beyond his love of self.
:amen:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour