Author Topic: For those who are Never Trump or leaning that way, what would he need to do in order for you to change your mind?  (Read 14074 times)

Offline flowers

@musiclady

Hey remember when you said this in the Levin thread?

I shall restate my talking points.

These are real positions held here.

:king: 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I see Trump as arrogant and for the most part reprehensible.

But...

I abhor the fact Hillary Clinton continues to draw shares of earthly oxygen.  The "woman" is deeply and totally evil.

I will be holding my nose with a vice grip and casting a vote against Hillary Clinton on November 8.  As Trump will be the one drawing that vote, so be it.  Hillary Clinton is dangerously unfit for the office.

That's what we seem to do every election in recent history.  And the choice gets worse every time.

I get Donalds flip flopping.  Its his art of the deal.  If you tell everyone something they want to hear it won't matter if you change your position.  He has appealed to everyone and its hope that he is counting on to win.  Hope that their version of the policy is the one that he will keep.  That is why he is vague but tailored to specific groups of ethnicity.   

Voting for Trump is like voting for the Devil.  And that is not a whacko position in this election.  This moron doesn't flinch about saying that he could shoot someone and all of his cult would still follow him.  Looks like he is right.  That is the art of evil.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

:king:

Ah, yes.  @flowers once again piles on with a meaningless emoticon.

It really bugs you that with all the insults and bullying that I haven't buckled, and won't vote for your guy, doesn't it?

Those absolute standards have clearly gotten in your craw....... you know, the ones you used to have before Trump stole your heart??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Any victory for Trump is an empowerment of some very disturbing ideology that will continue to grow and fester like a cancer.

There are some things that are worse than liberalism.  (Or more to the point, that need to be resisted even if the price is four more years of liberalism.)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:11:50 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's what we seem to do every election in recent history.  And the choice gets worse every time.

I get Donalds flip flopping.  Its his art of the deal.  If you tell everyone something they want to hear it won't matter if you change your position.  He has appealed to everyone and its hope that he is counting on to win.  Hope that their version of the policy is the one that he will keep.  That is why he is vague but tailored to specific groups of ethnicity.   

Voting for Trump is like voting for the Devil.  And that is not a whacko position in this election.  This moron doesn't flinch about saying that he could shoot someone and all of his cult would still follow him.  Looks like he is right.  That is the art of evil.

@Chosen Daughter

Rewarding evil, lesser or otherwise, only begets MORE evil!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:30:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Here is a simpler way to put my last comment.

If tomorrow, George Soros went on TV and started saying all the exact same things Trump is saying now, and making the same promises, would you believe him?

Of course not. Why?

Because you have his entire history to look back on and know what he really believes.

And there you have it...

I'm beginning to think that some of these guys would believe him, if Soros put a big, fat R after his name.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm beginning to think that some of these guys would believe him, if Soros put a big, fat R after his name.....

When people hope for change, especially when they are desperate, they'll believe a lot of things, even someone promising to make the sea levels fall....

It isn't the ones who are confident and stable in their situation who send televangelists what little money they have for a sweat covered handkerchief to 'plant a seed', no, it is the desperate hoping for change. When one is desperate, often they cling to anything they can that promises change, but rarely are decisions made out of desperation the right ones.

Offline flowers

Here is a simpler way to put my last comment.

If tomorrow, George Soros went on TV and started saying all the exact same things Trump is saying now, and making the same promises, would you believe him?

Of course not. Why?

Because you have his entire history to look back on and know what he really believes.

And there you have it...

That is it right there. You see we know Soros history. Trump.....well some of it seems true. Most of it is not. @AbaraXas Then I don't expect any of you change you minds.

Offline ABX

That is it right there. You see we know Soros history. Trump.....well some of it seems true. Most of it is not. @AbaraXas Then I don't expect any of you change you minds.

But we do know Trump's history very well for those who want to look at it. We know how he ran his businesses. We know about the PACs he started to push competing businesses out. We know about politicians he paid off. We know about where he invests his own money and who he makes financial deals with. We know how often he kept his promises. His history is an open book and it isn't a pretty one. At that, Trump's history is more of an open book that Soros' because Trump brags about what he has done, even the most unethical things.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:22:33 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline musiclady

When people hope for change, especially when they are desperate, they'll believe a lot of things, even someone promising to make the sea levels fall....

It isn't the ones who are confident and stable in their situation who send televangelists what little money they have for a sweat covered handkerchief to 'plant a seed', no, it is the desperate hoping for change. When one is desperate, often they cling to anything they can that promises change, but rarely are decisions made out of desperation the right ones.

Well said.

I believe that's what we're witnessing........... and it breaks my heart.

Offline Stosh

tRump is tied in the polls with a candidate that the majority of the country thinks is a felon that belongs in jail.  Only 12% of her own party think Killary is honest and trustworthy.

tRump is the candidate of the century, he's managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I will never be a part of furthering his sick ambitions, or voting for a NY progressive liberal, of either party.

But who knows if enough Trumpbots call me names and insult me, I might soften.... :silly:

Offline flowers

Ah, yes.  @flowers once again piles on with a meaningless emoticon.

It really bugs you that with all the insults and bullying that I haven't buckled, and won't vote for your guy, doesn't it?

Those absolute standards have clearly gotten in your craw....... you know, the ones you used to have before Trump stole your heart??

Axel post was this.....................

Online Axel

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: For those who are Never Trump or leaning that way, what would he need to do in order for you to change your mind?
« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:58:05 AM »

Quote from: Vulcan on Today at 11:51:13 AM

I don't vote for New York liberals and I will not be complicit in Trump's campaign to elect Hillary Clinton.

@musiclady

Hey remember when you said this in the Levin thread?

Your reading comprehension is clearly lacking if you think that any of the things you've listed are actual positions anyone here has taken.

1. Trump isn't really a conservative because he was once a Democrat and is from New York.
    2. Whatever Trump says, he doesn't mean. It doesn't matter how conservative his policies appear.
    3. Trump's policies are just words
    4. Because he contributed to Hillary years ago, likely for special favor, he is as bad as she is
    5. Neither candidate is moral enough to garner my vote

These are real positions held here.

I responded to his post by putting up :king: 
I posted :king: because of this....

1. Trump isn't really a conservative because he was once a Democrat and is from New York.
    2. Whatever Trump says, he doesn't mean. It doesn't matter how conservative his policies appear.
    3. Trump's policies are just words
    4. Because he contributed to Hillary years ago, likely for special favor, he is as bad as she is
    5. Neither candidate is moral enough to garner my vote

It was a response to the list. Not a dang thing about you @musiclady  You just happen to be one of the quotes in post. So not it does not bother me. I was just laughing that Axel was spot on and you all proved it. Carry on. I answered you ML because I saw you pinged me and felt like looking at it. Take care.

Offline ABX

Let me ask this another way.

If you erased every word Trump said and every promise he made in the past 14 months, and only looked at his history of how he ran his businesses and where he invested his own money- in other words, just his actions, would you find him worthy to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces and a servant to all the young men and women who raise their right arms and pledge their lives to this country?

Offline musiclady

Axel post was this.....................

I responded to his post by putting up :king: 
I posted :king: because of this....
It was a response to the list. Not a dang thing about you @musiclady  You just happen to be one of the quotes in post. So not it does not bother me. I was just laughing that Axel was spot on and you all proved it. Carry on. I answered you ML because I saw you pinged me and felt like looking at it. Take care.

Thanks for the explanation, flowers.  It's kinda lame since you've done this many times before, but I'll take your word for it this time.

Your record, however, is not so great, so next time you pile on as you have in the past, it will be duly noted.

I just mourn the loss of a colleague who used to share the same values I had, but now does not.  I feel badly that you gave up on what you believed all because of the siren call of a snake oil salesman who doesn't believe what you believe.

I hope you return to your former self some day, and we can agree again.  I'm still here.  I'm still the same.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:49:20 pm by musiclady »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Truer words of Wisdom were never writ.  Great post as always AbaraXas

Offline kartographer

Every time I think about a Hillary presidency, I lean a little towards caving and voting for Genghis Con. But then I hear people like Rush Limbaugh read a screed on his show (today) from some Trumpsucker about evil NeverTrumpers, and I resolve not to vote for the Orange Toad.
What all the Trumpsuckers fail to understand is that there are millions of anti-Trumpers, like yours truly, who are not rich or embedded within the so-called Republican establishment. We're just average Pubbies who look on Trump with disgust and wonder how anybody could support him. 
So when elites like Limbaugh bash anti-Trumpers as a whole, they're bashing me and other common conservatives as well. And to be sure, I no longer consider myself a Republican. I'm a conservative who will vote for the least worst candidate in the race.

For me I do wake-up from a sound sleep thinking what if Hillary wins? And then I toy with the idea like Mark Levin of entering the voting booth with a clothespin and a barf bag and vote for the other New York Liberal. But then some mother loving 'Trumpster' comes along and plays the 300 pound gorilla beats his chest spewing veiled threats, others talk about revenge and list. These things are not just over at TOS either and there's more than a few on here on this forum some so sickly sweet with their down talk and 'fairness' that it makes me actually prefer the outright crazed confrontational over their ozze.

But for now I refuse to be browbeaten or bend a knee to such, because once I do it will never stop and one man telling another man who he must vote for or face their wrath is NOT part and will never be part of the principals this country found on.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline kartographer

I see Trump as arrogant and for the most part reprehensible.

But...

I abhor the fact Hillary Clinton continues to draw shares of earthly oxygen.  The "woman" is deeply and totally evil.

I will be holding my nose with a vice grip and casting a vote against Hillary Clinton on November 8.  As Trump will be the one drawing that vote, so be it.  Hillary Clinton is dangerously unfit for the office.

Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Blizzardnh

At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

Offline Blizzardnh

Who here thinks Trump hates this country?
Ditto question for cankles.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I couldn't tell you for sure about the country, but I'm pretty sure neither hold any respect for the followers of Christ and they think we can be easily be fooled into voting for them by saying "I love the evangelicals."

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

Hates the country?  Neither of them.

Puts themselves above what is best for the country?  Both of them.
Let it burn.

Offline kartographer

....oh, I forgot to mention the reasons why I'm voting for Mr. Trump. It's because I'm amoral and have no core principles.  What else?

:headbang:

That is the truest and most honest post from you that I have ever read. You nailed it! If you are going to be amoral and without principles at least be proud of it!

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Who here thinks trump loves our country more than himself? Who here thinks trump would put the interests of the country before the interests of himself?

When, in his history, has he ever put the best interests of the nation ahead of his own?  Certainly not when he was donating to Democrats by a margin of 5 to 1.....and donating to some of the very worst radical leftist Democrats there are.  He actually helped to facilitate the destruction the Democrats have already done to the nation, in fact.  So no.  Trump comes first with Trump....always and forever.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline aligncare

Who here thinks trump loves our country more than himself? Who here thinks trump would put the interests of the country before the interests of himself?

(All) harrumph, harrumph! harrumph! harrumph! (louder) harrumph, harrumph! harrumph! harrumph!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775