Author Topic: For those who are Never Trump or leaning that way, what would he need to do in order for you to change your mind?  (Read 14075 times)

Online LMAO

For me, it would be to really address our fiscal situation. And not just mention it or fret over it. But really outline in a clear way to the public what it means for our short and long term situation and that uncomfortable choices will have to be made. There are risks for him to do such. After all, Clinton is promising Freebies and that would be tough to compete with.

Anyone else?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Vulcan

I don't vote for New York liberals and I will not be complicit in Trump's campaign to elect Hillary Clinton.

debrawiest

Act like an adult for the rest of his life.

And for crying out loud, delete that Twitter account!

Offline goatprairie

Every time I think about a Hillary presidency, I lean a little towards caving and voting for Genghis Con. But then I hear people like Rush Limbaugh read a screed on his show (today) from some Trumpsucker about evil NeverTrumpers, and I resolve not to vote for the Orange Toad.
What all the Trumpsuckers fail to understand is that there are millions of anti-Trumpers, like yours truly, who are not rich or embedded within the so-called Republican establishment. We're just average Pubbies who look on Trump with disgust and wonder how anybody could support him. 
So when elites like Limbaugh bash anti-Trumpers as a whole, they're bashing me and other common conservatives as well. And to be sure, I no longer consider myself a Republican. I'm a conservative who will vote for the least worst candidate in the race.

Offline Axel

I don't vote for New York liberals and I will not be complicit in Trump's campaign to elect Hillary Clinton.

@musiclady

Hey remember when you said this in the Levin thread?

Your reading comprehension is clearly lacking if you think that any of the things you've listed are actual positions anyone here has taken.

I shall restate my talking points.

1. Trump isn't really a conservative because he was once a Democrat and is from New York.
2. Whatever Trump says, he doesn't mean. It doesn't matter how conservative his policies appear.
3. Trump's policies are just words
4. Because he contributed to Hillary years ago, likely for special favor, he is as bad as she is
5. Neither candidate is moral enough to garner my vote

These are real positions held here.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Mr. Trump is a completely untrustworthy individual. There is nothing he could do or say that would cause me to change my opinion of him. So there is nothing he could do or say that would cause me to vote for him.
Let it burn.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Trump to drop out and let Pence run.
Otherwise there is nothing Trump can do, not unless you can alter time, speed up the election or teleport me off this rock.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

At this point I've pretty much lost any hope in Trump behaving in any way other than how he's done so far -- narcissist, demagogue, thin-skinned, and lacking in self-control.  We've already got a president like that, and we've seen how that turned out.

He can't be trusted.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline libertybele

#1 Publicly apologize for all those he has attacked; i.e., Cruz, Kelly, Carson, Bush, Latinos, military, blacks, women, etc.,  and then and perhaps most importantly #2 He needs to stand down and drop out of the race for the good of the country and explain to his supporters that he is doing so for the good of the country.  #3 Emphatically endorse Pence and vow to campaign for him

IF he were to do those things he may just garner some respect for those who strongly oppose him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Vulcan

“I just don’t believe she [Hillary Clinton] has a presidential look, and you need a presidential look,”
~Donald Trump, 9/6/16

Either he is an extremely stupid person, he believes Americas are or both.

Offline Victoria33

#1 Publicly apologize for all those he has attacked; i.e., Cruz, Kelly, Carson, Bush, Latinos, military, blacks, women, etc.,  and then and perhaps most importantly #2 He needs to stand down and drop out of the race for the good of the country and explain to his supporters that he is doing so for the good of the country.  #3 Emphatically endorse Pence and vow to campaign for him..  IF he were to do those things he may just garner some respect for those who strongly oppose him.
@libertybele

If he dropped out, the Republicans in the House of Representatives would choose the candidate.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:29:16 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Night Hides Not

My stance has been consistent: Trump needs to exorcise the petulant 9 YO boy trapped inside his body. It's not good enough to demonstrate this on November 1, I'm looking for it to start now. It will take nearly the length of a Freep-a-thon to convince me.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline chae

@Axel

1. Trump isn't really a conservative because he was once a Democrat and is from New York.---  Trump is not a conservative because he is not a conservative, regardless of the label Democrat or Republican he has behind his name.  Zell Miller is a Democrat and if he were running for any office, I'd vote for him, because he's pretty conservative.  If i were able to vote against Cornyn  or McConnell or Graham, I would because they are Republicans but not conservative.
2. Whatever Trump says, he doesn't mean. It doesn't matter how conservative his policies appear----which policies?  He changes his stance daily, sometimes even hourly.
3. Trump's policies are just words---yes, because as I stated above he changes his policies constantly.
4. Because he contributed to Hillary years ago, likely for special favor, he is as bad as she is.---OK so he is OK with bribery...Also the fact that he was talking on the phone with Bubba literally within 48 hours of deciding to run is also concerning
5. Neither candidate is moral enough to garner my vote.---Every single person who EVER said "Character counts" concerning Bill Clinton but is ok voting for Trump owes Bill a big apology...looking right at you Rush Limbaugh... 

Offline roamer_1

Nothing.
He's a liar and a boorish ass.
I can't trust him, and that won't change.
He will not get my vote.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Perry, Reagan, once Democrats.

George W. Bush campaigned as a Conservative. Did he govern that way?  He campaigned conservatively per America getting involved in foreign entanglements. Did the Neo-Cons sway him?  Did he secure our borders? What use is it to campaign as a conservative and have somewhat of a record on being conservative but not follow through when elected president?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
For those who are Never Trump or leaning that way, what would he need to do in order for you to change your mind?

Nothing.  Not a damn thing he says is going to change my mind because he has proven he is just a NY liberal Democrat running as a Trojan Stalking Horse who cannot be trusted.

Not after what he did to Conservatives across the board in this election.

So it's a bogus moot question.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mountaineer

For me, it would be to really address our fiscal situation. And not just mention it or fret over it. But really outline in a clear way to the public what it means for our short and long term situation and that uncomfortable choices will have to be made.
This is all I've ever hoped for from any candidate. Tell me what your plans are, and how you'd go about accomplishing them. That's one thing I liked about Rudy's 2008 campaign: his website very clearly laid out his policies and proposals, sans BS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

Vote for a Texas Conservative, was a vote for a Presidency that had amnesty for illegal aliens on the table, got involved in a war that accelerated the persecution of Christians most closely associated with Jesus Christ, Iraqi Christians and yes, that started during that administration, Thanks Dubya and helped inflame sectarianism throughout the region.

Offline TomSea

Clinton Bush, gets us in wars.

Trump, the NY Liberal who told the Generals, have a solution to ISIS in 30 days, we get it.

Offline Frank Cannon

First, come up with coherent policies and stick to them. Secondly take this damn race seriously. He has no organization in key states and the little he does have are losers of the first rate.

Online mountaineer

First, come up with coherent policies and stick to them. Secondly take this damn race seriously. He has no organization in key states and the little he does have are losers of the first rate.
:beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

Nothing can change my mind.

There is not one good reason to vote for Trump

Offline Frank Cannon

Clinton Bush, gets us in wars.

Trump, the NY Liberal who told the Generals, have a solution to ISIS in 30 days, we get it.

So you don't think the trade war Donny is promising isn't going to be as damaging? Just look at what is going on with China and Japan over economics. War ship are floating over it.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Perry, Reagan, once Democrats.

George W. Bush campaigned as a Conservative. Did he govern that way?  He campaigned conservatively per America getting involved in foreign entanglements. Did the Neo-Cons sway him?  Did he secure our borders? What use is it to campaign as a conservative and have somewhat of a record on being conservative but not follow through when elected president?

Let me see if I understand your argument correctly. Are you saying that since George W. Bush lied about being a conservative, we should now vote for Donald Trump, because he also lies about being a conservative?

Is that your argument?
Let it burn.