Author Topic: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY  (Read 73157 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY
« on: September 07, 2016, 12:03:15 am »
LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/levin-im-voting-for-trump

Mark Levin made the big announcement Tuesday night on his radio show after methodically walking listeners through his rationale.

At the beginning of the program, Levin made sure his real feelings were known. It was no secret that Levin’s first choice was not and is not Donald Trump. In fact, he boldly declared Tuesday that despite Trump’s holding some conservative policies, “Donald Trump is not a conservative … and he’s not reliable.”

Levin reiterated his position that Sen. Ted Cruz would’ve been a far better choice to champion conservative principles as president.

But that’s not what happened and … “at the end of the day, someone is going to be president.”

(more at link)

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rivergirl

Re: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 12:05:48 am »
Anyone surprised?   Levin owes his celebrity to scammity.   Birds of a feather.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 12:09:24 am »
He is just being pragmatic- that is at least honest. Unlike Hannity for example, that completely lies about Trump and tries to be an Orwellian propagandist for him. Trump has always been pretty open about his feelings and didn't sugar coat anything.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 12:11:16 am »
From the article:

Levin later spoke positively about his (Trump's) tax plan, his positions on immigration, law enforcement, and foreign policy 

Sounds pretty solid to me.   :thumbsup2:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 12:11:39 am »
I never thought this would happen- but Levin is right- either Hitlery or Trump will sit in the Oval Office.

I have the utmost respect for Mark Levin and for Andrew Wilkow and they are both facing reality and supporting Trump.

I cannot fathom having the corrupt lying shrew become POTUS.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 12:13:34 am »
Levin's been saying all along that he might or might not vote for Trump.  I expected he might.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 12:14:04 am »
He is just being pragmatic- that is at least honest. Unlike Hannity for example, that completely lies about Trump and tries to be an Orwellian propagandist for him. Trump has always been pretty open about his feelings and didn't sugar coat anything.

I've been pragmatic in almost every election I've ever voted in for forty years.  It's no different this time, but you go to war with the army you've got - not the one you wish you had.

That said, I think Trump will make a good president.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 12:23:40 am »
Trump is terrible but Hitlary is shaping up to be worse. I don't fault Levin for making this decision.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 12:24:52 am »
I never thought this would happen- but Levin is right- either Hitlery or Trump will sit in the Oval Office.

I have the utmost respect for Mark Levin and for Andrew Wilkow and they are both facing reality and supporting Trump.

I cannot fathom having the corrupt lying shrew become POTUS.

I wouldn't say he's "supporting" Trump.  I listened to him.  He spent a long time going over why Trump was such a poor candidate, and even said that those who were in the bag for Trump back when there were other, good candidates to choose from would have to bear the responsibility for putting Trump where he is.  He did say some positive things about Trump's tax plan for instance, but said he didn't know who wrote the plan and if Trump even believed in it.  And, on and on.

Support?  Not really.  But, he did say he would vote for him.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 12:27:39 am »

Bingo. This was far from an endorsement.

Offline unknown

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 12:28:13 am »

Ted Cruz to follow soon?

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 12:34:45 am »
I wouldn't say he's "supporting" Trump.  I listened to him. 

Levin later spoke positively about his (Trump's) tax plan, his positions on immigration, law enforcement, and foreign policy 

Sounds like a wee bit more than Trump isn't Hillary.  Methinks he's smartly bringing nevertrumps along one step at a time.   ^-^

Offline beandog

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 12:35:14 am »
Levin's been saying all along that he might or might not vote for Trump.  I expected he might.

I figured in the end he would.  Not sure why he had to say one way or another.  I like Mark, he has been one of the only sane hosts during this election, but his vote doesn't make one bit of difference to how I do or do not vote.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 12:36:28 am »
Sounds like a wee bit more than Trump isn't Hillary.  Methinks he's smartly bringing nevertrumps along one step at a time.   ^-^

Yeah....and then he said Trump is unreliable. Stellar endorsement.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 12:38:31 am »

Exactly my position..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 12:45:52 am »
I agree with that.  No one's does.  I choose for myself, thank you.  It's my vote.  I am not going to spend my time listening to pompom squads for Trump though.  Levin won't probably go that far, but I still don't want to hear it.  Now I've got three extra hours again.  Maybe my gym attendance will get back up to speed.
I have a feeling Mark's going to be regretting his decision within a week. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 12:47:21 am »

Only if you ignore most of what I said. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 12:51:30 am »
Ted Cruz to follow soon?

No.  Trump said he doesn't want it and endorsing Trump does Cruz absolutely no good.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 12:55:47 am »
Only if you ignore most of what I said.

I heard the negative Trump stuff.  And I heard the positive Trump stuff.  Like I said, I think he's bringing nevertrumps along....slowly so heads don't explode.  I'm hoping the negative will drop off and leave the positive front and center.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 12:57:25 am »
I heard the negative Trump stuff.  And I heard the positive Trump stuff.  Like I said, I think he's bringing nevertrumps along....slowly so heads don't explode.  I'm hoping the negative will drop off and leave the positive front and center.

......ok, then.....

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 12:57:42 am »

Not this one.

I do not care if I am the only person on the planet who isn't voting for Trump.  I will not be going along with the seig-heiling masses.

The split second Levin pumps or pushes Trump when a caller tells him they will not vote for Trump - I'm canceling my Levin TV subscription and that will be the end of listening to talk radio.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 01:04:57 am »
Wow.  I definitely didn't see this coming.  The 'Great One' has either lost his marbles or he's been bought.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2016, 01:08:07 am »
Ted Cruz to follow soon?
Won't make a Tinker's Dam to me if he does, I decide who I do or don't vote for, I don't vote because someone tell me to! :nono: :nothappen:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2016, 01:08:23 am »
Exactly my position..

That's what I have been saying for months. And yet it does no good at all. Saying Trump is better than Hillary to a NeverTrumper gets automatically translated to, "You WORSHIP Trump! I refuse to kiss the feet of your false prophet! These are only a couple of normal responses to saying that you will vote for the Republican nominee. As crazy as that is, it is true.

Hey Mark, welcome aboard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVovq9TGBw0
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2016, 01:14:59 am »
I figured in the end he would.  Not sure why he had to say one way or another.  I like Mark, he has been one of the only sane hosts during this election, but his vote doesn't make one bit of difference to how I do or do not vote.

@beandog

Same.  It's difficult for these talk hosts to make it through November without supporting the nominee.

Cruz could endorse Trump and it wouldn't change this house's mind.