Author Topic: Free Republic Readers plot "retribution" against #NeverTrump to be initiated after "Trump wins"  (Read 19643 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I know you have to say that.  I believe you would not say what you do not think is true.  Please forgive my boldness here, but I must point out that many of the TBR Trumpsters also post at FR.  Some have an ugly history with that. 

The end.

I can't see DT supporters here acting like FReepers. Sure they are passionate about their beliefs, but they wouldn't pull the FR games of cyberstalking, digging up real life dirt on people, keeping spreadsheets, trolling, etc, that FR (and Clown Posse) types are known for. I'm sure they migrated here for a reason that they were above that childishness.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Some on their list are not even NeverTrump.  They also hate anyone who is not sufficiently enthusiastic or who ever dares to question Trump about anything.  Honestly, I would rather be hated by them as a principled NeverTrumper than to be condescended to by them as one who "saw the light."   That's a smug attitude  which assumes their hideous attacks finally brought the poor little dummy convert to his knees.  It will be a thankless position anyway.  They will hold a grudge against anyone who was ever at any time NT.  I never ever ever want any part of that.
Ever consider how similar those attitudes are to ISIS or the real Sharia Law types?

Convert or die.
Oops, wrong conversion...too late, not loud enough, whatever!
(Cue the Queen of Hearts...)

I think they are out of targets over there and the circular firing squads just did an about face.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I was watching "Iron Lady" the other day.  It's that move about Margaret Thatcher.  I remember she said this:  "Be careful what you think or it will become words.  Be careful what you say or it will become actions.  Be careful what you do or it will become your character.  Be careful about your character because it will become your destiny."

Offline Chasaway

Literally Satan
‏@BenHowe
Free Republic readers plot "retribution" against #NeverTrump to be initiated after "Trump wins."

I went over there today and saw that. I would tell you that my jaw dropped, but it didn't. It's almost idiosyncratic with those folks.

My biggest, most depressing realization lately is that many folks who've called themselves "conservative" and that I've counted as on my side...are no different in character than the Obama-zombies I made fun of in days of yore.

Now, many Trump supporters have gone bad, like milk goes bad. They may have once agreed with conservative ideals and principles, but there was no "core" there. They weren't committed to conservative principles, they just agreed that conservative policies would work better.

Now, it appears that I was not only wrong, I was WAY wrong! They will do things and say things that I don't believe a conservative would. Their willingness to attack, to misrepresent, to disparage and to demean anyone who doesn't agree with them is illustrative.

And they'll do it, say it, act it out against proven, historical conservatives. They've tarred people like Levin and Cruz as GOPe...or liars....or cheaters...or whatever...because they think it somehow promotes their guy.

And it is SO reminiscent of Obama supporters/progressives.

So, I'm embarrassed and ashamed. I thought our side was better at the core. I want to still believe that.

But there's so many people that demonstrate that we're NOT better; we just have different opinions than the progressives. They don't treat people any better. They don't debate any cleaner. They don't allow that other, bright people might have a different opinion than they do and are still good, solid conservatives.

They don't consider the opinions of those bright, good people and evaluate their merit. They attempt to destroy that person.

When it comes to the stuff that matters, many that I respected show that they are no different than those I laughed at.

Enough said.

It's enough to say that I'm pretty shook by the lack of substance and core conservatism displayed by so many. The thread the OP pointed to is an exemplar.

I wonder where we're going.
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I went over there today and saw that. I would tell you that my jaw dropped, but it didn't. It's almost idiosyncratic with those folks.

My biggest, most depressing realization lately is that many folks who've called themselves "conservative" and that I've counted as on my side...are no different in character than the Obama-zombies I made fun of in days of yore.

Now, many Trump supporters have gone bad, like milk goes bad. They may have once agreed with conservative ideals and principles, but there was no "core" there. They weren't committed to conservative principles, they just agreed that conservative policies would work better.

Now, it appears that I was not only wrong, I was WAY wrong! They will do things and say things that I don't believe a conservative would. Their willingness to attack, to misrepresent, to disparage and to demean anyone who doesn't agree with them is illustrative.

And they'll do it, say it, act it out against proven, historical conservatives. They've tarred people like Levin and Cruz as GOPe...or liars....or cheaters...or whatever...because they think it somehow promotes their guy.

So, I'm embarrassed and ashamed. I thought our side was better at the core. I want to still believe that.

But there's so many people that demonstrate that we're NOT better; we just have different opinions than the progressives. They don't treat people any better. They don't debate any cleaner. They don't allow that other, bright people might have a different opinion than they do and are still good, solid conservatives.

They don't consider the opinions of those bright, good people and evaluate their merit. They attempt to destroy that person.

When it comes to the stuff that matters, many that I respected show that they are no different than those I laughed at.

Enough said.

It's enough to say that I'm pretty shook by the lack of substance and core conservatism displayed by so many. The thread the OP pointed to is an exemplar.

The Founders rightly noted that only a moral and religious people are capable of freedom.

When a people want a king to enact retribution on their behalf, they are no longer a people capable of freedom.

WE are simply witnessing the fruits of a people who have no principles beyond rooting for their champion for the high they get off of a "win" and the hopes of their desires being granted by those in whom they will make their ruler.

And chains, misery and death will be the lot of those around them.

As far as where we are going…. history already provided the answer and the Founders warned us about where we would end up if we were not moral, virtuous and vigilant.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:31:49 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chasaway

Ahhh, @INVAR...

And I hope we are wrong.

TOS is a microcosm of what I see happening. A reputation is ruined in a moment. There will never be a day where FR can say they've always been a bastion of conservatism.

They may try to rebuild, if they ever recognize their error.

But too many will still recoil from the mention of that site due to the bile and foulness that exuded from so many of the posters there.

There are only shades of that here, but it still causes a visceral reaction in me.

Our country is that, with an exponent. I don't know how to come back, short of a revival or a revolution.

C
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is the direct result of politics. Facist, Hitlerian perhaps, but 100% politically motivated.
It does.

EDIT:

And this is why I say Trump supporters cannot be trusted and should be expunged from ones life. Their ranks are filled with people this openly evil. And they refuse to speak out against them. They are a danger to the American constitution, you, your family and anyone you hold dear.

Yep....they're comin' for ya, Normie!        :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Do we have an open forum lunatic asylum section?

Look around!

You're sitting in it.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Please, let's not group all Trump supporters into this group at FR....I am sure our members don't approve of this behavior either.

Thank you.

Better late than never.....

Online DCPatriot

I can't see DT supporters here acting like FReepers. Sure they are passionate about their beliefs, but they wouldn't pull the FR games of cyberstalking, digging up real life dirt on people, keeping spreadsheets, trolling, etc, that FR (and Clown Posse) types are known for. I'm sure they migrated here for a reason that they were above that childishness.

Thank you, sir!   :beer:

Offline Cripplecreek

” After We Win This Election, It’s Our Turn. Payback Time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve.  There is going to be hell to pay.  Congress won’t be a problem for us this time.” - Valerie Jarret

MMM MMM MMM

Online DCPatriot

” After We Win This Election, It’s Our Turn. Payback Time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve.  There is going to be hell to pay.  Congress won’t be a problem for us this time.” - Valerie Jarret

MMM MMM MMM

Do you have a point to make there?

Because I, for one, will cheer when they arrest that bitch for conspiracy to commit treason, blackmail and extortion.

Offline goodwithagun

MMM MMM MMM

Somebody with posting access, PLEASE post this! The zot will be heartily earned!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
See.  That right there.  Is that not a double standard.  SJ was commenting about TOS.  You were praising those who claim the Trump supporters here do not act like that.  But rather than condemn the guilty -- the TOS posters -- you smack at SJ and those of us aligned with him.   Are they acting badly over there or not?  That's all SJ said.

You need to see your double standard.  Also you were snarky to mystery again.  Stop trying to boss her around.

Right on!

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howlin

LW Eaton was Howlin

I still am!

Busy summer - almost over!  Be back soon!!

Offline Cripplecreek

I still am!

Busy summer - almost over!  Be back soon!!

I'm emperor of the universe.

Offline Howlin

Enough said.

A most excellent post.

Offline Howlin

Offline Howlin

She registered.  I think she only stayed around for a couple of days.

No, I have a very busy summer;  we have a band that does festivals that sucks the life out of us from spring to fall!  It's fun, but it's hard.  I can keep up with the news.  It will slow down soon!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Freepers, please place your head over the red circle and bring on your retribution.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Longmire

Please, let's not group all Trump supporters into this group at FR....I am sure our members don't approve of this behavior either.
Interesting...I saw a similar proposal regarding Trump supporters on this site earlier with agreement and a promise to 'rub their nose in the mess they created'.  :pondering:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,223409.msg1041211.html#msg1041211

A foolish consistency perhaps...

Online DCPatriot

See.  That right there.  Is that not a double standard.  SJ was commenting about TOS.  You were praising those who claim the Trump supporters here do not act like that.  But rather than condemn the guilty -- the TOS posters -- you smack at SJ and those of us aligned with him.   Are they acting badly over there or not?  That's all SJ said.

You need to see your double standard.  Also you were snarky to mystery again.  Stop trying to boss her around.

You confuse "snark" with speaking truth to power, babs.    :whistle:

And furthermore, I was referring to the same BS posts for the same 'crew' here...that Trump Supporters were essentially going to line you all up against a wall, etc..

You're all freaking drama queens.

But Myst and AbaraXas gently chided them....."gently" being the key word.

Suggest you put me on ignore...and get out of my face.

And furthermore, Ms. Detective.....I don't care what the Trump Supporters at FR think or say.   I don't partake in any of them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 01:31:53 am by DCPatriot »

Silver Pines

Online DCPatriot

Interesting...I saw a similar proposal regarding Trump supporters on this site earlier with agreement and a promise to 'rub their nose in the mess they created'.  :pondering:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,223409.msg1041211.html#msg1041211

A foolish consistency perhaps...

Eggsactly, Longmire!

They wouldn't get irony if it jumped up and bit them on the butt.

Online DCPatriot

A most excellent post.

Absolutely, it is!   

So nice to 'see' you, Howlin.