Author Topic: Free Republic Readers plot "retribution" against #NeverTrump to be initiated after "Trump wins"  (Read 19525 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe they're fixin' to stick us with their knitting needles.
It is the Crochet hooks you really have to watch out for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It is the Crochet hooks you really have to watch out for.

Yup. My sister got me in the leg with a small one when we were teenagers.

Offline kartographer

Ignorant is no way to go thru life, son.

Friday, 31 October 2008
Obama's Friend Ayers: Kill 25 Million Americans

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/2455-obamas-friend-ayers-kill-25-million-americans

In No Place to Hide, Grathwohl explains that the Weathermen actually believed that they would be successful in overthrowing the U.S. government and that, with the help of the Cubans, Chinese, Russians, and North Vietnamese, they would occupy America. Americans would have to be "re-educated" in camps, similar to what the communists did in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and other countries they had taken over. Here is one of the chilling revelations Larry Grathwohl made in the film:

:whistle:

And yet I have been seriously threatened more by Trumpsters than any other faction in this election.

"Most time, a man will tell you his bad intentions if you listen, let yourself hear." - Charlie, Open Range (2003)
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline kartographer

:silly:

As a prepper I have studied Normalcy Bias, it is a 'glitch' in our brain function that often disallows the brain to accept the fact that something is occurring even while the brain is receiving incontrovertible data that that very thing is happening.

Now it is folly to lump any group of people together, but Trump supporters have a much higher occurrence of questionable and provocative behaviors than any other group involved in the current election. What is going on over at TOS is extreme, but not an isolated incident.

Trump himself has spoken a number of times about retribution and has a long memory for those that he believes have done him wrong.

Political revenge is not limited the the far left, history has plenty of examples that belong to the far right.

If a person threatens me in any way I believe it is the prudent thing to do to take such seriously no matter how outrageous the threat may seem. I also then take notice of people who remain silent about such behavior of their compatriots and move them up on a scale of potential threats.

As I have stated words have weight, words mean something and I take note of a man's words and take action accordingly.

"Most times a man will tell you his bad intentions ahead of time, if you listen."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:52:52 am by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

geronl

@geronl
@RAT Patrol

Or in Texas speak, they're fixin' to get ready to start making plans to plan their retribution plans.

lol. Yep, "fixin' to" is a common term for us growing up. I am sure that to the rest of the world it sounds weird.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
As a prepper I have studied Normalcy Bias, it is a 'glitch' in our brain function that often disallows the brain to accept the fact that something is occurring even while the brain is receiving incontrovertible data that that very thing is happening.

Now it is folly to lump any group of people together, but Trump supporters have a much higher occurrence of questionable and provocative behaviors than any other group involved in the current election. What is going on over at TOS is extreme, but not an isolated incident.

Trump himself has spoken a number of times about retribution and has a long memory for those that he believes have done him wrong.

Political revenge is not limited the the far left, history has plenty of examples that belong to the far right.

If a person threatens me in any way I believe it is the prudent thing to do to take such seriously no matter how outrageous the threat may seem. I also then take notice of people who remain silent about such behavior of their compatriots and move them up on a scale of potential threats.

As I have stated words have weight, words mean something and I take note of a man's words and take action accordingly.

"Most times a man will tell you his bad intentions ahead of time, if you listen."

Yet on this board and in this age, stating that kind of sound prudence automatically engenders calls that you seek "professional help".  Usually from the very folks infected with fatal doses of Normalcy Bias.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

@geronl
@RAT Patrol

Or in Texas speak, they're fixin' to get ready to start making plans to plan their retribution plans.

Yes, "Fixin' to" is pretty common here.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yet on this board and in this age, stating that kind of sound prudence automatically engenders calls that you seek "professional help".  Usually from the very folks infected with fatal doses of Normalcy Bias.
Or the ones making the threats. I, too take any threat against my life or person or the lives or persons of my family at face value, and will be ready to respond appropriately.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Here's a friendly tutorial for those who might have a hard time figuring out how "fixin' to" -- the official verb of Texas -- is used in proper Texas parlance: http://www.texasstandard.org/shows/3122015/the-case-for-fixin-to-as-the-official-verb-of-texas/
The term 'fixin to' is pretty common in the tidewater just about anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
As a prepper I have studied Normalcy Bias, it is a 'glitch' in our brain function that often disallows the brain to accept the fact that something is occurring even while the brain is receiving incontrovertible data that that very thing is happening......

The problem is it works both ways. One can get so caught up in what they believe (adding in the complexity of confirmation bias) that they just view what confirms their belief and if anyone disagrees, they think they are the ones suffering normalcy bias, when in fact, because they are in a confirmation bias loop, they are actually experiencing a 'normalcy bias' to their own belief. 

Just an 'out there' example, let's take someone who is hyper obsessed with reptilian alien conspiracies. All they do is read about reptilian alien conspiracies and sites that promote it. They are in a confirmation bias loop so to them, seeing the reptilian alien conspiracy is 'normal' (even if it is an abnormal belief). They will accuse someone who doesn't see it of having 'normalcy bias' due to the 'glitch', but in reality, they are surrounding themselves with so much confirmation of their belief, theirs is the mind that refuses to accept outside data.

Y2K is a good example of this. I remember 'normalcy bias' being thrown out a lot by preppers then, against those who didn't think anything would happen because they feed themselves with so much data confirming it that the disaster was the normal accepted event in their own minds.

Normalcy bias doesn't impact just those who occupy 'common knowledge' thinking. It impacts everyone as we all have beliefs that we reinforce and confirm despite outside evidence (because we put ourselves in a confirmation bias loop).

Offline Smokin Joe

Y2K is a good example of this. I remember 'normalcy bias' being thrown out a lot by preppers then, against those who didn't think anything would happen because they feed themselves with so much data confirming it that the disaster was the normal accepted event in their own minds.

There is a reason there was no Y2K disaster. Actually, a few billion reasons--spent to upgrade systems to prevent a problem. My dad was a retired Systems Analyst at the time who made very good money as a consultant in 1999 because he knew the mainframe systems still in use by his former employer. Ignoring the patches and upgrades being done was the thing which led to 'confirmation bias', but it never hurts to have a full pantry and learn new skills.

C S Lewis

Offline kartographer

The problem is it works both ways. One can get so caught up in what they believe (adding in the complexity of confirmation bias) that they just view what confirms their belief and if anyone disagrees, they think they are the ones suffering normalcy bias, when in fact, because they are in a confirmation bias loop, they are actually experiencing a 'normalcy bias' to their own belief. 

Just an 'out there' example, let's take someone who is hyper obsessed with reptilian alien conspiracies. All they do is read about reptilian alien conspiracies and sites that promote it. They are in a confirmation bias loop so to them, seeing the reptilian alien conspiracy is 'normal' (even if it is an abnormal belief). They will accuse someone who doesn't see it of having 'normalcy bias' due to the 'glitch', but in reality, they are surrounding themselves with so much confirmation of their belief, theirs is the mind that refuses to accept outside data.

Normalcy bias doesn't impact just those who occupy 'common knowledge' thinking. It impacts everyone as we all have beliefs that we reinforce and confirm despite outside evidence (because we put ourselves in a confirmation bias loop).

When you have repeated threats, list being made, revenge and retribution by both supporters and candidate being talked about if you don't embrace their cause I believe I have good outside evidence of what I am talking about. What I fail to understand is how others can not grasp what such behavior leads to and are not standing against it now? When did such behavior become acceptable? When did such behavior become American?

“‎It isn't enough to stand up and fight darkness. You've got to stand apart from it, too. You've got to be different from it.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What I fail to understand is how others can not grasp what such behavior leads to and are not standing against it now? When did such behavior become acceptable? When did such behavior become American?

While not all Trump supporters are engaging in the worst behavior, I'm not seeing many speaking out against it. I don't mean those who come here and speak against it, I mean those who could stand in their midst and speak against it.

Offline kartographer

There is a reason there was no Y2K disaster. Actually, a few billion reasons--spent to upgrade systems to prevent a problem. My dad was a retired Systems Analyst at the time who made very good money as a consultant in 1999 because he knew the mainframe systems still in use by his former employer. Ignoring the patches and upgrades being done was the thing which led to 'confirmation bias', but it never hurts to have a full pantry and learn new skills.

You are so right all the people who like to point to Y2K as being false never take in account the millions of dollars and thousands of man hours that where put in to stop it from happening. Kind of like a Leeve authority puts out a warning that a leeve is going to be topped. So the citizens take the warning seriously and hundreds of volunteers  show up start filling sand bags and raise the leeve and stop the flood, so I ask you there was no flood so was the leeve authority wrong to put out the warning?

@AbaraXas