Author Topic: Hate to say it, but I came on here looking for a fight....  (Read 43929 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Hate to say it, but I came on here looking for a fight....
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2016, 05:17:17 pm »

@Victoria33

As you know .... removing posts that are deemed offensive by a moderator is TBR tradition .... as you witnessed on this very thread.

What you do not seem to know is: "safe room" was a term conceived by someone here as an insult---an insult which has stuck, unfortunately. 

But "safety" has nothing to do with the guidelines for posting in the Election Forum.  The guidelines are about respect--for the Republican candidate and those who support him; and vice versa. 

Constructive criticism of the candidate is okay; merely demeaning the candidate and his supporters is not.  So, leave behind the clever, knee-jerk references to idiots, morons, LIV, all things orange and references to members of the family formerly known as Pongidae, and you are more than welcome to join in.

There is a lot of important information contained throughout the Election Forum. I encourage you to participate in this forum. 

I hope you do.

@Right_in_Virginia

There are two reasons you won't find me posting in the Trump safety area.  The first is because Myst asked us not to do it and I'll respect that.  The second is that I have zero respect for the "Republican" candidate, and, in fact, hold him in the highest contempt. 

But let's drop the falsity that this has anything to do with logic.  In fact, it has everything to do with emotion.  I've seen you elsewhere, gushing about your love for Trump and your desire for pictures of him.  The bottom line is that you just can't bear to hear criticism of him.

Offline flowers

« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2016, 09:51:10 pm »
Trump really does turn people black.
What the heck do you have against black people ML?

@musiclady  :shrug: It is really stunning to see the change in people around here. All of us. Stunning.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2016, 10:16:48 pm »

@musiclady  :shrug: It is really stunning to see the change in people around here. All of us. Stunning.
Hmmm. What post is that from? If you quote the post and carve off everything you didn't want for context, others could go back without having to pick through the whole thread to find it and see what you left out. That would be more intellectually honest and facilitate discussion. Thank You.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2016, 10:18:12 pm »

Was that supposed to be funny, flowers?  You who have changed from a sweet woman to one who piles on with venom?

Trump love has changed you.  We used to have a lot in common, and I haven't changed a single bit.  Same values.  Same conservatism.  Same morals.  Same standards.  Same requirements for leaders.

The only question is, what happened to make you turn so dark and filled with rage??
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:18:57 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2016, 10:21:20 pm »
Hmmm. What post is that from? If you quote the post and carve off everything you didn't want for context, others could go back without having to pick through the whole thread to find it and see what you left out. That would be more intellectually honest and facilitate discussion. Thank You.

It's a desperate post from a woman who knows she's in the wrong and is lashing out at a person who has kept the same values I have had my entire life.

There's no intellectual honesty when anger and vengeance are the primary motivators.

All I can do is to stay the same person as I have always been, and hope some of these former friends return to their former selves.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2016, 10:27:56 pm »
@RAT Patrol @Victoria33

I agree with you RAT.  Victoria is being targeted, and needs to stand strong.

She is a valuable poster with deep thoughts, and clearly is a woman of character and patriotism.

The fact that she is being attacked here is an indicator of how low some have gotten on this forum.

Trump really does turn people black.  I've never seen anything like it in all my years.  (katzenjammer was a really good man before.  Seriously.  It's disturbing what's happened to him).

Hang in there Victoria!  In a very short period of time, you have become a beloved TBR contributor.  Don't let the mean girls' club get you down!

Maybe flowers is a member of the media.  That's the sort of crap they pull every day!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2016, 10:32:02 pm »
It's a desperate post from a woman who knows she's in the wrong and is lashing out at a person who has kept the same values I have had my entire life.

There's no intellectual honesty when anger and vengeance are the primary motivators.

All I can do is to stay the same person as I have always been, and hope some of these former friends return to their former selves.
Sad that those who abandon their principles feel so angry toward those who don't. Those of us who have held the same positions on issues and kept the same principles for decades and remain unmoved can only pray they see their folly and how it is making them bitter.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2016, 10:40:02 pm »
Sad that those who abandon their principles feel so angry toward those who don't. Those of us who have held the same positions on issues and kept the same principles for decades and remain unmoved can only pray they see their folly and how it is making them bitter.

It's  a disease with no known cure.  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2016, 10:45:00 pm »
It's  a disease with no known cure.  **nononono*
They are the only ones who can cure themselves, by the Grace of God. Shed anger, resentment, rediscover the principles they held, abandon the pride that kept them going in the wrong direction and following a false prophet, and get right with The Almighty.
It isn't easy, it requires scrupulous honesty and introspection, but it can be done, if one has the will.

Unfortunately many folks will continue to be miserable rather than admit they just might have been wrong.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2016, 10:51:45 pm »

It's all we can do.

Reason hasn't worked, has it?  Rational thought can't crack through a thick layer of anger and emotion.

All we can do is stay as we are, and pray they will come back.

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2016, 11:23:22 pm »
I wanted to start this thread to see if there were any Trump supporters that would engage on the issues or if they would rather go into attack mode. I wanted the following to be an experiment:

Will Trump supporters allow any criticism/debate about him without devolving to personal/ad hominem/straw men arguments? Assuming an initial “throw down”  of “Why can’t we talk without a fight?”, I think I have the answer.

Admittedly, the title of the thread was attention-getting, I still got my answer. After reading over the thread again, I think Trump supporters proved where and who they are.

I didn't expect the number of responses. And to my recollection, only one person offered to answer questions (RiV), although that also contained an implied threat to “…question your logic and perceived outcome of continuing to degrade the Republican nominee...”

I think my point has been proven and it’s been proven by Trump supporters on this site.

You folks are predictable.
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #261 on: September 10, 2016, 02:13:03 am »
I wanted to start this thread to see if there were any Trump supporters that would engage on the issues or if they would rather go into attack mode. I wanted the following to be an experiment:

I think my point has been proven and it’s been proven by Trump supporters on this site.  You folks are predictable.

Oh  :bsflag:   You came here by your own admission looking for a fight.  That's a pretty asinine way to start a dialogue.  Here's what Trump supporters believe, and your post and entire thread are proof positive we are right:

Wingnut

« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2016, 02:19:04 am »

[/center]

Don't you have a Trump worship picture to post in your safe room thread?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2016, 02:27:45 am »
Oh  :bsflag:   You came here by your own admission looking for a fight.  That's a pretty asinine way to start a dialogue.  Here's what Trump supporters believe, and your post and entire thread are proof positive we are right:

Here's what Trump believes, as of tonight"

WTF is "nuclear warming"?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2016, 02:29:36 am »

Ahhh...as always: Class will out.

RiV- Displaying snark, insecurity and meanness is no way to go through life.

You are a small person, with a small esteem, overcompensating with teeth and claws. We can disagree about things without it being personal, but you won't allow that. Bombast does not equate to a quality debate.

And say what you will, but Trump supporters have proven my point.

[BTW, I already explained to you once about the title of this thread and its intent. So, I either didn't use small enough words or you're [once again] being purposely obtuse. Either way, you're not to blame. If you don't have the brains for this, you can't grow them; you're just stuck.]

And Trump supporters may well feel that others are stupid because they don't agree. Maybe that says more about Trump supporters.

From the nastiness of your post, I'm thinking we've gotten a little too close to the bone for your comfort.

But, little snowflake, there's other folks in your group that you can commiserate with. They'll agree with you and applaud you and whimper and whine with you about the "stupid" people who incredibly, impossibly, unreasonably don't share your view of things.

C

"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2016, 11:23:08 am »
I put this thread in the star wars intro generator and it's pretty hilarious:

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKRIpJZXNZr96VO3q4a_

Offline Mod2

« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2016, 11:26:31 am »

Will Trump supporters allow any criticism/debate about him without devolving to personal/ad hominem/straw men arguments? Assuming an initial “throw down”  of “Why can’t we talk without a fight?”, I think I have the answer.

Admittedly, the title of the thread was attention-getting, I still got my answer. After reading over the thread again, I think Trump supporters proved where and who they are.

I didn't expect the number of responses. And to my recollection, only one person offered to answer questions (RiV), although that also contained an implied threat to “…question your logic and perceived outcome of continuing to degrade the Republican nominee...”

I think my point has been proven and it’s been proven by Trump supporters on this site.

You folks are predictable.

If it is concluded to your satisfaction, I'm going to put this thread out of my misery.

Please remember in future that testing a hypothesis often involves a lot of extra cleaning work for us janitors. Tip accordingly.