Author Topic: Kaepernick plans to sit out national anthem again — on 'Military Night'  (Read 1453 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 01, 2016, 01:24 pm
Kaepernick plans to sit out national anthem again — on 'Military Night'

By Jessie Hellmann

An NFL quarterback facing controversy for not standing up during the national anthem at football games plans to continue his protest on a night intended to honor the military.

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick won't stand up for the national anthem before Thursday's preseason game against the San Diego Chargers to protest police brutality toward minorities in the U.S.

The game, billed as Military Night, is a tribute to the "hundreds of thousands of current and retired military personnel who live and work in San Diego," according to the San Diego Chargers website.

Kaepernick has been enveloped in controversy since reporters noticed he didn't stand up for the anthem before a game last week.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/294128-kaepernick-plans-to-sit-out-national-anthem-again-on
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Kaepernick plans to sit out national anthem again — on 'Military Night'
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 06:45:36 pm »
Last week he gave a press conference wearing a t-shirt with pictures of Fidel Castro.

If he's not cut, he comes to Miami to play the Dolphins in November.

I CAN'T wait.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline chae

Re: Kaepernick plans to sit out national anthem again — on 'Military Night'
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:47:48 pm »
He better get pretty comfy on the bench, that's where he'll be all season based on his recent performance.