Author Topic: Former IMU cleric latest to denounce Islamic State  (Read 350 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Former IMU cleric latest to denounce Islamic State
« on: September 01, 2016, 05:22:25 am »
Excerpt:

Former IMU cleric latest to denounce Islamic State

Al Barmi said that he joined the Islamic State in 2014 as he was “among those who were influenced” after Abu Bakr al Baghdadi declared the establishment of the caliphate. However, he quickly soured on the Islamic State.

“But after a year, I learned of many evil deeds within this group, such their killing the Muslims on charges that lack evidence, and their issuing of fatwas against those who did not join their group,” Al Barmi stated. “After their fatwa was issued in Khorasan in which they infidel-branded the Taliban, who have waged jihad for nearly 40 years against the Russians, the Americans, and their agents, it pained my heart!”

After denouncing the Islamic State, al Barmi apologized for remaining silent.

“My first mistake was endorsing them, and the second mistake was delaying in informing the Ummah about the truth!” he said.

He also appealed to “our brothers who came from Central Asia” to reject the Islamic State and to not use his previous declaration of support as a “pretense” to remain with the group.

“Do not to take my past words as a pretense, and do not make me a reason for your going to the State group! Do not make me a reason for your saying that this Caliphate is a true Caliphate!,” al Barmi pleaded.

The “brothers who came from Central Asia” that al Barmi are referring to are likely members of the IMU that defected to the Islamic State. A segment of the IMU followed its last emir, Usman Ghazi, pledged allegiance to the Islamic State in August 2015.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2016/08/former-imu-cleric-denounces-islamic-state.php

Is that the same person in both photos? I had seen the picture on the left before.