Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: OBAMA ATF ANNOUNCES BACKDOOR AMMO BAN!  (Read 1311 times)

Offline unknown

BREAKING NEWS: OBAMA ATF ANNOUNCES BACKDOOR AMMO BAN!
« on: September 01, 2016, 04:21:22 am »

BREAKING NEWS: OBAMA ATF ANNOUNCES BACKDOOR AMMO BAN!

http://conservative-daily.com/2016/08/31/breaking-news-obama-atf-announces-backdoor-ammo-ban/

Fellow Conservative,

This is not a drill. The Obama administration just implemented a new regulatory change that has sent the entire firearms industry into a tailspin overnight.

A key ingredient necessary for making gunpowder has been re-classified as a high explosive, making it illegal for any company within the industry to transport or store it as they have for decades.

It all stems from how the ATF regulates a chemical compound known as nitrocellulose. For decades, the firearm industry has been allowed to store and transport wetted nitrocellulose without having to treat it as a high explosive. Manufacturers deliberately mix the chemical compound with water to make it less volatile.

Overnight, the ATF just completely changed its regulations, turning everyone in the ammunition industry into felons if they do business the way they have for decades.

{..snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: BREAKING NEWS: OBAMA ATF ANNOUNCES BACKDOOR AMMO BAN!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 04:24:01 am »
And Trumps stance on this?

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 05:13:11 am »
Funny how it's been two days and no news sites of any persuasion is carrying it.

Only whackjob forums and blogsites.

Methinks the story is nothing spun to excite the paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 05:32:12 am »

Here's another one from Ammoland.

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf-reclassifies-wetted-nitrocellulose-as-explosive-materials-under-federal-laws/amp/

As explained below, this is a dramatic and sudden change in agency policy with a significant impact on the ammunition industry. The new policy was announced in a newsletter without any opportunity for industry input.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 05:50:25 am »
And Trumps stance on this?
It couldn't be any worse.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 05:39:35 pm »
ATF Delays Any Changes to Nitrocellulose Regulation
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160831/atf-delays-any-changes-to-nitrocellulose-regulation
AUGUST 31, 2016

Earlier this summer, ATF released an Explosives Industry Newsletter that changed the agency’s treatment of nitrocellulose, the primary component in smokeless powders used in modern ammunition. This change had the potential to seriously disrupt ammunition supply in the United States because it changed a long-standing ATF policy that exempted properly “wetted” nitrocellulose from treatment as an explosive under federal law.

NRA and industry raised these concerns to ATF and any change in ATF’s treatment of nitrocellulose is now officially delayed. In an addendum to the earlier newsletter, ATF announced that it “will conduct further industry outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose. In the interim, previously authorized industry practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected.”

While the addendum doesn’t indicate that ATF has permanently abandoned this change to nitrocellulose regulation, smokeless powder manufacturers will be permitted to continue normal operation, at least for the time being.  NRA will continue to work to ensure that any future change to nitrocellulose regulation will not affect ammunition supply.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline unknown

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 05:41:02 pm »
ATF Delays Any Changes to Nitrocellulose Regulation
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160831/atf-delays-any-changes-to-nitrocellulose-regulation
AUGUST 31, 2016

Earlier this summer, ATF released an Explosives Industry Newsletter that changed the agency’s treatment of nitrocellulose, the primary component in smokeless powders used in modern ammunition. This change had the potential to seriously disrupt ammunition supply in the United States because it changed a long-standing ATF policy that exempted properly “wetted” nitrocellulose from treatment as an explosive under federal law.

NRA and industry raised these concerns to ATF and any change in ATF’s treatment of nitrocellulose is now officially delayed. In an addendum to the earlier newsletter, ATF announced that it “will conduct further industry outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose. In the interim, previously authorized industry practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected.”

While the addendum doesn’t indicate that ATF has permanently abandoned this change to nitrocellulose regulation, smokeless powder manufacturers will be permitted to continue normal operation, at least for the time being.  NRA will continue to work to ensure that any future change to nitrocellulose regulation will not affect ammunition supply.

Well that is good to hear.

Thanks for finding this.

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 05:42:19 pm »
ATF pumps brakes on wetted nitrocellulose reclassification
http://www.guns.com/2016/09/01/atf-pumps-brakes-on-wetted-nitrocellulose-reclassification/
9/01/16

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has walked back an announcement it now viewed wetted nitrocellulose as a high explosive and will work with the firearms industry on clarification.

In the agency’s June 2016 Explosives Industry Newsletter, ATF determined that nitrocellulose– also known as flash cotton or guncotton– containing greater than 12.6 percent nitrogen is a high explosive and had to be stored moving forward in a Type 1 or 2 magazine, adding a new level of control and oversight in its transport. In its wet state, nitrocellulose was considered safe to handle and ship and relatively inert, needing to be dried before use. This changed the logistics of acquiring a component used in propellant and ammunition production which had before then not been considered an explosive material....

...Lawrence Keane, senior vice president and general counsel of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, told Guns.com the trade group was pleased at change of events.

“We welcome ATF’s announcement today and look forward to engaging ATF in a constructive dialogue on behalf of our industry,” said Keane in an email. “We appreciate ATF’s goal is to protect public safety and look forward to resolving any confusion or misunderstanding that may have arisen and explaining how longstanding ATF-approved industry practices have achieved that goal.”
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »
BLOAT!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: