Author Topic: Free Republic regrets?  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Richardtavor

Free Republic regrets?
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:29:45 pm »
Jim Robinson lamenting the fact that his freepers are lambasting Mark Levin...maybe he learned how many he lost when he went all in for Trump and decided to stifle any contrary opinions.  Any comments?  More censoring on the way?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3464746/posts

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Free Republic regrets?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 07:32:51 pm »
I don't think he is lamenting the loss at all.
Near the end he say"Join or Die!!"

Offline r9etb

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 07:34:32 pm »
(rolls eyes)

Poor JimRob.... this is what he gets from banning anybody and everybody with the temerity to express an independent opinion.

Reminds me of the "Two Minutes Hate" from 1984:

The Two Minutes Hate, from George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, is a daily period in which Party members of the society of Oceania must watch a film depicting the Party's enemies (notably Emmanuel Goldstein and his followers) and express their hatred for them for exactly two minutes.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 07:35:24 pm »
Near the end he say"Join or Die!!"

YIKES!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 07:37:22 pm »
The Two Minutes Hate, from George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, is a daily period in which Party members of the society of Oceania must watch a film depicting the Party's enemies (notably Emmanuel Goldstein Ted Cruz and his followers) and express their hatred for them for exactly two minutes.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 07:40:43 pm »
Jim Robinson lamenting the fact that his freepers are lambasting Mark Levin...maybe he learned how many he lost when he went all in for Trump and decided to stifle any contrary opinions.  Any comments?  More censoring on the way?

He has lost a great deal more than than he will EVER realize! That place was a bastion of conservative thought on the internet at one time and HE has allowed it ALL to be frittered away!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:42:20 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 07:51:19 pm »
The Two Minutes Hate, from George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, is a daily period in which Party members of the society of Oceania must watch a film depicting the Party's enemies (notably Emmanuel Goldstein Ted Cruz and his followers) and express their hatred for them for exactly two minutes.

THAT'S IT!

geronl

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 08:19:53 pm »

Those two-minutes never seem to end.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:54 pm »
TOS battle cry:

Oh no, it's CRUZ!!!!!!!!!!!ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 03:11:34 pm »
YIKES!

@mystery-ak

You do know that slogan was the unifier for the American Revolution....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 03:19:37 pm »

@mystery-ak

You're either for us or 'agin us.

As Rooster Cogburn said to Ned Pepper: "Which'll it be?"

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 03:23:25 pm »
The full quote:

[Rooster confronts the four outlaws across the field]
Ned Pepper: What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?
Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »

@mystery-ak

Yea, but JR is no Washington or Jefferson either and FR is not a reveloution.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »
(rolls eyes)

Poor JimRob.... this is what he gets from banning anybody and everybody with the temerity to express an independent opinion.

Reminds me of the "Two Minutes Hate" from 1984:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KeX5OZr0A4

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 03:38:14 pm »
Yea, but JR is no Washington or Jefferson either and FR is not a reveloution.

Only one problem with your comment, and sorry you can't see it, but this election is a revolution. The first non-establishment, non-politician to muscle his way pass the GOP party regulars to give voice to the people's concerns -- NOT the K-Street or Wall Street darlings' wish list.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 04:00:04 pm by aligncare »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 03:38:54 pm »

Really....NO!.......of course I know..just amused that someone like JR would use it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 03:47:33 pm »
Only one problem with your comment, and sorry you can't see it, but this election is a revolution. The first non-establishment, non-politician to muscle his way past the GOP party regulars to give voice to the people's concerns -- NOT the K-Street or Wall Street darlings' wish list.

I was happy with our first revolution.

I could care less who's in charge, as long as they respect its results.

I'm not completely sure your 'non-establishment non-politician' does.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 04:00:20 pm »
I was happy with our first revolution.

I could care less who's in charge, as long as they respect its results.

I'm not completely sure your 'non-establishment non-politician' does.

Revolutions almost always result in oppression. The American revolution was an exceedingly rare event in its success and its result.

Fresh off a successful revolution, Americans cheered the great revolutionary leader Napoleon.......for a while. The names Napoleon and Robespierre should mean something to Americans.

People's revolutions have about the worst track record.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 04:09:04 pm »

I call that bold talk for one eye'd fat man!

Robert Duvall was great in that movie.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 04:11:41 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 04:15:24 pm »
People's revolutions have about the worst track record.

Revolutions are funny things.  Generally speaking, they occur because some sufficient number of people have legitimate complaints, and have finally had enough of the current regime.  Thus, the French Revolution, in which the aristocracy lived very high on the hog at crushing expense and injustice to the peasantry -- this is the usual dynamic.

What set our revolution apart from the others, is three things:

First, the Americans of the time were John Adams' "moral and religious people," and as individuals they were highly self-sufficient -- a combination that leads to a good deal of common sense and responsible action.

Second, the revolution came about as Britain tried to reassert its authority over the colonies, which had in large part been self-governing for decades during the English Civil War and the unrest that followed.  It wasn't really a "revolution" in the same sense as the French Revolution -- it was more an armed consummation of a long-existing state of affairs.  The American colonists figured they could do a better job themselves.  But a large number of loyalists were left out in the cold....

And third, Americans had (and took) the option of moving west -- there wasn't the same "pressure cooker" dynamic as occurred in densely-populated and confined France.

Trump's approach is far more similar to the French revolution -- his demagoguery is aimed at inflaming the pre-existing frustrations of a particular segment of the population.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 02:26:50 am »
Really....NO!.......of course I know..just amused that someone like JR would use it...

Oh, okay.  Sorry, that didn't come across to me in the "Yikes!" .....  @mystery-ak

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 09:39:51 pm »

@Richardtavor

Yet Jim himself had harsh words for Levin only a few weeks ago:

6/30/2016, 5:38:46 PM · 110 of 136
Jim Robinson to CSM

If our two “top conservative” senators are going to stand around pouting with their thumbs up their butts and allow the America-hating Hillary Clinton to get elected to the presidency where she will have the power to completely destroy our country, then I guess they’re actually not that conservative are they? Same goes for our old friends Levin and Limbaugh. Wake up and smell the coffee. It’s a lot later than you think.

Post Reply | Private

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 09:46:56 pm »
Only one problem with your comment, and sorry you can't see it, but this election is a revolution. The first non-establishment, non-politician to muscle his way pass the GOP party regulars to give voice to the people's concerns -- NOT the K-Street or Wall Street darlings' wish list.

I know you see this as revolutionary, but not everyone sees this the same as you.

...and as you know, a lot of us see that very differently.  We do see someone from the political class, just like George Soros is considered in the establishment political class even though he never held office-- (except this isn't Trump's first run for President so he has more election experience than Soros).  He is and has always been part of the donor class which is part of the establishment. He has used politics for his gain, he has created PACs to push out competition. He has bought off politicians and played the game longer than most.

Many of us see his 'anti-establishment' character he is playing now as, frankly, hooey. No more honest than a persona a WWE character creates for the audience. 

We see a long time establishment, political manipulator, cronyist, buying and acting his way through the election.

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 09:49:05 pm »
YIKES!

@mystery-ak

Lord knows I'm no JimRob defender, but I think his use of that phrase stems from his habit of peppering his screeds with cliches and catchphrases in place of creative thought.  It's a wonder he didn't include "Where's the beef?" and "Nothing runs like a Deere."

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 09:51:16 pm »

@aligncare

Shouldn't you know the answer to that by now?