Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?  (Read 15405 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Rush Limbaugh Exposed?
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2016, 05:16:31 am »
Then perhaps you forgot that he threatened on at least two seperate occasions he was 'that close' to leaving the GOP.

The GOP them passed a couple dozen of the worst  policies Obama demanded, then attacked Ted Cruz, Then nominated Donald "I donated to Bloomberg, Killary and various liberal causes" Trump.

I used to refer to that on FR as "The Galactic inch" because he seems to have a pretty LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng measurement for 'That close". And that was BEFORE the Cruz/Trump idiocy by the GOP.

He's still there because he refuses to stand behind the words he speaks. That is yet another bit of proof positive that he is no different than the rest. I'm sorry Invar. He has said and done many good things in the past. But he has helped empower this evil. He had the chance, repeatedly to stand up and he has done nothing but cave in. Thats the unfortunate history.

Well, we can either continue to bash everyone over past actions and blame them for everything or move forward and attempt to get what remains of the Conservative movement to coalesce around another Conservative outsider party.

What is important to me is that I have left the failed stupid party, which is nothing but another arm of the Ruling Class Oligarchy running D.C.  Whether national radio hosts do or not is irrelevant to me in terms of getting my dander up because they talk all big and bad but have failed to actually follow through with their threats.

This cycle remains to be seen whether or not he will fold and practice insanity again, or actually write in or go 3rd party.  Like you, I doubt he will - but I will say that I will not be terribly surprised if he does.  Especially if the Trump gaffe machine and all the bashing he is getting from his former colleagues continues. He is getting pissed to the point of  bashing back on social media, former friends even.  Given how it was the Trump Militant themselves who pushed me from simply not voting for Trump to activism against their prince, they may push Levin to do what he actually threatened to do.

Not that it will make any difference at this point anyway.  We saw our last somewhat legit national election back in 2008.

Levin I am assuming really thought the GOP could be reformed from within by pushing true Conservatives in primaries and in congressional races, even though we knew back in 2012 that the rules changes made ensured no possible grassroots could wrest control away from the oligarchs.  We watched those changes take their toll on nearly every Conservative running in that party this cycle.  In fact, that the GOP has chosen to oust and primary every single TEA Party Conservative in their ranks was only discussed by Levin.  None of the others even mentioned it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2016, 05:32:48 am »

Levin I am assuming really thought the GOP could be reformed from within by pushing true Conservatives in primaries and in congressional races, even though we knew back in 2012 that the rules changes made ensured no possible grassroots could wrest control away from the oligarchs.  We watched those changes take their toll on nearly every Conservative running in that party this cycle.  In fact, that the GOP has chosen to oust and primary every single TEA Party Conservative in their ranks was only discussed by Levin.  None of the others even mentioned it.

If he thought that, a man of his position in media with actual time in DC, then it speaks poorly for him. It's a simple question of logic.

"Will electing people on the left of the party enable you to help people on the right get into office?

For years now, some of us predicted exactly this scenario that occurred. We predicted the cave ins, the attacks on conservatives and even a hard left guy like Trump being pushed for the presidency. We called it 100%. He has no excuse.

Side note:

"Well, we can either continue to bash everyone over past actions and blame them for everything or move forward and attempt to get what remains of the Conservative movement to coalesce around another Conservative outsider party."

I think of it as the very conservative principle of holding people to account for their actions. As for the remanants of conservatism, that will be for our kids to sort out. There arent enough actual conservatives in America to fill Yankee Stadium. I hate it, but I think the facts bear it out.

Trump. McCain. Ghramm. Mitch. Paulie. They all got their noms or won. All our so called icons turned tail and ran left. The best we few can do is go down fighting then laugh as the liberals destroy themselves.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2016, 05:35:08 am »
Beck is a NUT!

Actually, if you look back over the past several years as to what people have called him 'nuts' over, nine times out of ten he has proven he's been right on the money. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2016, 10:16:01 am »
Actually, if you look back over the past several years as to what people have called him 'nuts' over, nine times out of ten he has proven he's been right on the money.

Yeah, he may be a nut but he's been amazingly accurate.

He predicted the Arab spring right down to its start in Tunisia.

geronl

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2016, 12:53:58 pm »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2016, 01:03:17 pm »
One can read a lot of Trump supporters at FR do not like Rush.

They think he's been against them actually.

Rush has always been loyal to Republicans, he's been loyal to Dubya but has loathed the border policy of GWB.

This is just red meat to the Trump haters.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2016, 01:22:08 pm »
Rush was not neutral.

He may not have taken part in calling Ted Cruz a liar but he sure didn't demand any proof of it or defend Cruz in any meaningful way.

Its no different than the way the simpletons on FOX and Friends nodded politely when Trump threw out the completely insane claim about Rafael Cruz being involved in the JFK assassination. One of the most insane claims ever made in a presidential election and few in the "right media" felt it was worthy of being questioned or challenged. Then the very next day, Wolf Blitzer did challenge Trump on it and Trump admitted that he never believed it but "I wanted to win".

So basically you have an insane claim going unchallenged only to be followed by an admission to lying about it also being unchallenged by the so called "right media". This in turn freed Trump up to return to repeating the original lie.

For all the information value to be found in most of today's "right media" we may as well get rid of Hannity, Limbaugh, Ingram etc and replace them with Art Bell, George Noory, and Alex Jones.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2016, 01:29:26 pm »
He may not have taken part in calling Ted Cruz a liar but he sure didn't demand any proof of it or defend Cruz in any meaningful way.

Its no different than the way the simpletons on FOX and Friends nodded politely when Trump threw out the completely insane claim about Rafael Cruz being involved in the JFK assassination. One of the most insane claims ever made in a presidential election and few in the "right media" felt it was worthy of being questioned or challenged. Then the very next day, Wolf Blitzer did challenge Trump on it and Trump admitted that he never believed it but "I wanted to win".

So basically you have an insane claim going unchallenged only to be followed by an admission to lying about it also being unchallenged by the so called "right media". This in turn freed Trump up to return to repeating the original lie.

For all the information value to be found in most of today's "right media" we may as well get rid of Hannity, Limbaugh, Ingram etc and replace them with Art Bell, George Noory, and Alex Jones.

This is a good point... but if this is what it takes to win in politics these days... liberals do this stuff all the time. Just make ridiculous untrue assertions that may or may not stick and may or may not be true (not that it matters). We'll see if Trump is "our scumbag" who can take out the libs. I don't "support Trump" but I will vote for him. Destroying liberalism is that important and if Trump can do this stuff to Hillary and have it stick then so be it.

A lot of this stuff is as old as America, didn't the 1800 election between Jefferson and Adams involve this kind of stuff?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2016, 01:43:46 pm »
This is a good point... but if this is what it takes to win in politics these days... liberals do this stuff all the time. Just make ridiculous untrue assertions that may or may not stick and may or may not be true (not that it matters). We'll see if Trump is "our scumbag" who can take out the libs. I don't "support Trump" but I will vote for him. Destroying liberalism is that important and if Trump can do this stuff to Hillary and have it stick then so be it.

A lot of this stuff is as old as America, didn't the 1800 election between Jefferson and Adams involve this kind of stuff?

Then count me out of politics for good. For that matter, why not vote for Clinton, she's just doing what they all do.

If you want to wallow in the sewer be my guest but count me out.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2016, 01:53:03 pm »
Then count me out of politics for good. For that matter, why not vote for Clinton, she's just doing what they all do.

Then sit at home and impotently gripe about it on the internet. Be my guest as well.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2016, 01:55:37 pm »
Trump is the candidate of cultural degeneracy as is clearly displayed in this thread.

If you can't beat lowlife scum, join the lowlife scum. ****sheep****

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2016, 02:32:41 pm »
Trump is the candidate of cultural degeneracy as is clearly displayed in this thread.

If you can't beat lowlife scum, join the lowlife scum. ****sheep****

Lies...DIVIDE.

They cause hatred and contention and turmoil.

No better illustration than this character.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2016, 02:48:04 pm »
Then sit at home and impotently gripe about it on the internet.

The very definition of #nevertrump

Maybe somebody would like to provide a website for that

Oh wait, there already is such a site
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2016, 03:05:28 pm »

The argument that we should be as bad and ugly as liberals falls flat.

Many of us have aligned with the Republican party because overall, their behavior is more civil, decent and respectable.

The error comes when people equate the decency with losing.  There are other reasons Republicans have lost, and decent behavior is not one of them.

I think the argument that we need to be as filthy as leftists is borne out of frustration, and not logic or reason.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2016, 03:09:48 pm »
The very definition of #nevertrump

Maybe somebody would like to provide a website for that

Oh wait, there already is such a site

Sorry.  Dumb post, TS.

People who aren't voting for Trump are not sitting home and doing nothing.  Making that leap is more lack of truthfulness on your part.

You may try to associate all forms of evil with people who can't support corrupt liberals, but none of them is valid.

And why don't you stop dissing this forum, OK?  If you hate it here, who's making you stay?

This forum accepts ALL perspectives, and you KNOW it.  Stop bearing false witness.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:10:28 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2016, 03:27:32 pm »
The argument that we should be as bad and ugly as liberals falls flat.

Many of us have aligned with the Republican party because overall, their behavior is more civil, decent and respectable.

The error comes when people equate the decency with losing.  There are other reasons Republicans have lost, and decent behavior is not one of them.

I think the argument that we need to be as filthy as leftists is borne out of frustration, and not logic or reason.

I just can't feel guilty for not joining the popular kids in the sewer.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2016, 04:39:51 pm »
As for the remanants of conservatism, that will be for our kids to sort out. There arent enough actual conservatives in America to fill Yankee Stadium. I hate it, but I think the facts bear it out.

I have to agree, and that becomes more self-evident every day.

Oh well.

Now I know firsthand how an entire people and nation ended up goose-stepping to maniacs and genocidal madmen that were proclaimed to be their saviors.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »
I just can't feel guilty for not joining the popular kids in the sewer.

Nor should you.

It is never wrong to be honorable.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2016, 05:34:21 pm »
Cheerleading for Trump at every turn? Limbaugh was definitely a Cruz guy before Trump became presumptive nominee, and he was reticent to support him. Once he gave him his support though, he has been staunch and unwavering.

You obviously never listened to Rush on a regular basis or for any length of time.

He never was a "Cruz guy".  It was obviously early on he was on the Trump train.  He's defended everything Donny has done at every turn...describing even his worst gaffes as some stroke of political genius at how he was "playing the media" with what he was doing.

You suck at spin.  Try harder next time.  Or actually go back and listen to the last year of Rush's show.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2016, 06:21:21 pm »
That's the first time I've actually listened to Rush's response to Rick's cogent call, and appropriate questions to him.

It's almost embarrassing to hear him, in arrogance and condescension, claim he never took Trump seriously, when, at the time, he was cheerleading for Trump at every turn, and never once said he didn't take Trump at his word.

He has lost ALL credibility, and it's a relief for me to no longer be a Rush listener.

He's a complete hypocrite.

If I turn my back on Rush ... at long last ... it will be with no joy.  He was a rock for me for so many years.  My husband used to tape him for me ... oh, so many times.  I can remember coming out of a writer's class at Northlake ... after a couple of hours of liberals full time ... and putting that tape in and feeling relief that there was a friend out there who felt as I did.

I really think Rush made the decision to go Trump on us because he thinks Hillary is the worst threat.  If he would phrase it that way, I would have no objection at all.  That works.

And, of all the pundits, Rush is still despised on TOS because he DID point out Trump's flaws for a long time.  He is not forgiven over there.

But he has backed himself into a corner now and, yeah, not looking good.

But he earned my respect over many years and there would be no joy at all in seeing his demise.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2016, 06:29:10 pm »
You obviously never listened to Rush on a regular basis or for any length of time.

He never was a "Cruz guy".  It was obviously early on he was on the Trump train.  He's defended everything Donny has done at every turn...describing even his worst gaffes as some stroke of political genius at how he was "playing the media" with what he was doing.

You suck at spin.  Try harder next time.  Or actually go back and listen to the last year of Rush's show.

BINGO!  That is EXACTLY how it was.

Rush gave tacit approval of Cruz early on, and said he was the 'Conservative's Conservative" (then again he also said Rubio was a full-throated Conservative amidst the flap over the Gang of 8 bill), however - Rush spent most of his shows fawning all over on Trump.  He stopped mentioning Cruz at all, and when Trump went negative and said the disgusting and lying garbage he did - Rush was silent about it or marveled at how none of that was going to hurt him in the polls among his devotees.   It was obvious to me back in January of this year that Rush was all out for Trump.  Never called him out on his liberalism.  Never took issue with Trump's adoption of Sanders' Trade policies or the punitive promises he made against Apple ("force them to Make their damn products here").

Nope.  Rush was an obvious Trump train conductor long before the convention.

That he admitted to his own audience that he knew Trump was lying about the wall, speaks volumes to the fact Rush has gone apostate on the very principles he once preached.

As such, Rush is become a false prophet and if one loves the Truth - Rush is no longer to be listened to or regarded unless and until he is repentant about it.

Which I doubt will happen given his public ego.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2016, 06:35:50 pm »
If I turn my back on Rush ... at long last ... it will be with no joy.  He was a rock for me for so many years.  My husband used to tape him for me ... oh, so many times.  I can remember coming out of a writer's class at Northlake ... after a couple of hours of liberals full time ... and putting that tape in and feeling relief that there was a friend out there who felt as I did.

I really think Rush made the decision to go Trump on us because he thinks Hillary is the worst threat.  If he would phrase it that way, I would have no objection at all.  That works.

And, of all the pundits, Rush is still despised on TOS because he DID point out Trump's flaws for a long time.  He is not forgiven over there.

But he has backed himself into a corner now and, yeah, not looking good.

But he earned my respect over many years and there would be no joy at all in seeing his demise.

I'm not happy either.  But doesn't it mean that he wasn't genuine in his conservatism to begin with....... all those years we counted on him?   With as deeply as he's in the tank for Trump, and with as much as he pumped him up against Cruz during the primary, I don't see that his earlier conservatism could have been that genuine.

I dunno......... maybe he was just an entertainer who picked an audience and fooled us for a couple of decades like some people have accused him of being.

Whatever it is, I think he's done now because he's cheerleading a hard core liberal without a moral fiber in his being.  It doesn't jibe with the last 25 years.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2016, 06:37:22 pm »

You are right on all counts.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2016, 07:05:52 pm »

Now I know firsthand how an entire people and nation ended up goose-stepping to maniacs and genocidal madmen that were proclaimed to be their saviors.

Absolutely.

What really torques me is that I understand Millenials. They were force fed leftism in schools/TV/The net. I can cut them a little slack (not much though) because they simply don't 'know'. Unless they had parents that gave a damn, they never got actual history lessons.

But GenX/Boomers? We DID get that education before the left totally dominated and rewrote/expunged the textbooks. There is not a man, woman or any of the other 53 currently identified genders that has an excuse for ignorance.

The only ignorance involved is the 'willful' variety. But  think most of these people genuinely crave being dominated by the left.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2016, 07:12:22 pm »
One can read a lot of Trump supporters at FR do not like Rush.

They think he's been against them actually.

Rush has always been loyal to Republicans, he's been loyal to Dubya but has loathed the border policy of GWB.

The Trump Humpers at FR are made at Rush because he didn't make his support of Trump as overt as the entire Fox News Channel and Breitbart did.

I've listened to Rush year one.  Its easy to tell when he's behind something or someone without him coming right out and saying it.

He's been behind Trump since he announced.

This is just red meat to the Trump haters.

Yeah...sure it is.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!