Author Topic: Congress has just one month to keep the internet under US control  (Read 762 times)

Offline unknown

Congress has just one month to keep the internet under US control

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/congress-has-just-one-month-to-keep-the-internet-under-us-control

Nate Madden
August 30, 2016

Both houses of Congress are out of session for another week and time is rapidly running out for lawmakers to save the internet.

When Congress comes back into session next Tuesday, it will only have a few short weeks to accomplish one of the most important tasks before it: ensuring that control of the internet does not fall into the hands of those who would actively censor it to the detriment of free speech and American interests.

On Sept. 30, the United States is poised to hand over control of the internet to the United Nations, following a years-long push by the Obama administration, after the Department of Commerce sub-administration signed off on the final plans to hand over control of the process on Aug. 16. 

If the handoff goes through, the U.S. will no longer have controlling power over its own invention. This leaves Congress with just a month to block the effort, as they have in previous sessions.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Congress has just one month to keep the internet under US control
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 10:19:31 pm »

Give control the UN.

The UN will need taxing authority to handle this job.

When the UN isn't collecting taxes, it will send in the blue helmets to enforce the taxing authority.

Not what we want.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 08:22:33 pm »
Giving this a bump because its important

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:36:55 am »
Jes' wonderin', but...

Suppose Congress does nothing to halt this (I don't believe it will), and "control" ostensibly passes to the UN, and then...

...Donald Trump actually wins.

Could we (he) then wrest control BACK FROM the UN, and restore it to the USA?