Author Topic: A Modest Proposal for Mr. Trump (Exclusive to TBR)  (Read 7873 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: A Modest Proposal for Mr. Trump (Exclusive to TBR)
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 01:30:38 pm »
All very good comments.  I would also point out that our country is much in need of skilled labor.  Everything from technicians to welders.  Unfortunately, our business schools only teach students how to shuffle paper, not how to actually produce something.

And as we speak: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/education/2016/09/06/itt-tech-shutting-down-all-campuses/89902038/

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 01:35:49 pm »
Donny can do that. He is an expert on bones with meat on them....

Trump doesn't just shuffle papers Frank, he is a builder of things. You have something against commerce? In your world presidents should only come from the upper strata of political elites? We don't want anyone whose hands are sullied by real world business experience...as the founders had before they entered politics?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:38:00 pm by aligncare »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 01:38:23 pm »
And as we speak: http://www.indystar.com/story/news/education/2016/09/06/itt-tech-shutting-down-all-campuses/89902038/

Yes.  Unfortunately, a lot of schools have been cashing in on the fact that the government will loan these kids lots of cash.  Then the government will go after a school like ITT for not having enough PhD's, while small colleges with irrelevant English and History professors charge students $30-$40K for an education worthy of a McDonald's order taker.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 01:40:13 pm »
Yes.  Unfortunately, a lot of schools have been cashing in on the fact that the government will loan these kids lots of cash.  Then the government will go after a school like ITT for not having enough PhD's, while small colleges with irrelevant English and History professors charge students $30-$40K for an education worthy of a McDonald's order taker.

Yeah! Schools like Trump University for example!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 03:06:22 pm »
Mike Rowe Works is a great charity.  The purpose is to pay for vocational education.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 03:08:44 pm »
Mike Rowe Works is a great charity.  The purpose is to pay for vocational education.

Mike Rowe would make a GREAT president!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 03:45:50 pm »
Yeah! Schools like Trump University for example!

:nometalk:

Offline jedidah

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 07:17:27 pm »

ITT is a for profit business.  The government should not be propping up a private money-making business.  Those student loans are used to pay high for-profit tuition.  Many community colleges offer vocational training for far less and don't try to make a profit off of their students.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 07:22:48 pm »
ITT is a for profit business.  The government should not be propping up a private money-making business.  Those student loans are used to pay high for-profit tuition.  Many community colleges offer vocational training for far less and don't try to make a profit off of their students.

I agree with you that the government should not be in the business of propping up for profit enterprises.  For profit enterprises should sink or swim on their own merits and should not  have to compete with government run enterprises which get all kinds of tax exempt favors simply because they are government run enterprises.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 08:58:18 pm »
Beautifully written, insightful in identifying a huge problem, and a very interesting proposal on how to solve the problem.  Other's have already commented that those student loans are the responsibility of the students who took them and not the tax payers, and I agree.  On the other hand, those students were feed a lie, by the universities and society, that if they got a degree they would get a job.  I don't have a better solution.

One other point is the youth rarely vote and efforts to mobilize them usually fail...perhaps for the same reason that they took out a $100,000 student loan for a liberal arts degree. 

I really enjoyed reading this massadvj, and the bearing of you own feelings though it made it a much more compelling and interesting story.  Thanx for sharing it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2016, 08:13:08 pm »
Beautifully written, insightful in identifying a huge problem, and a very interesting proposal on how to solve the problem.  Other's have already commented that those student loans are the responsibility of the students who took them and not the tax payers, and I agree.  On the other hand, those students were feed a lie, by the universities and society, that if they got a degree they would get a job.  I don't have a better solution.

One other point is the youth rarely vote and efforts to mobilize them usually fail...perhaps for the same reason that they took out a $100,000 student loan for a liberal arts degree. 

I really enjoyed reading this massadvj, and the bearing of you own feelings though it made it a much more compelling and interesting story.  Thanx for sharing it.

Thank you so much.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2016, 02:28:45 pm »
(comment removed by moderator)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:58:47 pm by massadvj »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!