Author Topic: An early sign the ‘Monster Vote’ for Trump may turn out... By Thomas Lifson  (Read 2036 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 29, 2016
An early sign the ‘Monster Vote’ for Trump may turn out
By Thomas Lifson

The principal electoral strategy of Donald Trump has been the bet that non-voters in recent elections will turn out, with some of them registering to vote for the first time.  This is jokingly known as the “Monster Vote,” both because of its size and because the elites look down their noses at many of this demographic cohort.  Existing models of the electorate used by most polls do not account for these hypothetical voters, which is the comfort Trump supporters offer one another in the face of unceasing negative news and media attacks.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/an_early_sign_the_monster_vote_for_trump_may_turn_out.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
No matter how many times you try to convince me of this, I will believe it when I see it. This would require nearly every single poll to be wrong right now.

I think this is all just wishful  thinking.

Offline sinkspur

Lifson is such a pom-pom boy.  Quotes a news story about the Florida primary where supposedly all kinds of new people voted, yet the polls were almost right on target with the margin of Trump's win there. 

Then he throws cold water on his "look how Trump might win" story:

This is a very good sign, but some caution is in order.  Reportedly, many Hispanics are being mobilized to register and vote anti-Trump.  Florida has seen a huge influx of Puerto Ricans fleeing the island territory’s terrible economy.  They are eligible to register and vote as U.S. citizens.  They could account for some of this activity, as many are new residents.

Larry Sabato mentioned the Puerto Rican phenomenon over the weekend and said it's likely that Clinton will win Florida hugely because of this.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

One would have to suspend all belief in reality to think there was "a monster hidden block of voters" just waiting to go en mass like a  Zombie apocalypse, and march to cast a vote for D.J. Trump.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:38:50 pm by Wingnut »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
He's going to get a YUGE block of disenfranchised black voters....   :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Frank Cannon

Wouldn't we see all these new voters in new voting registrations in the various states? Last I checked, nothing spectacular is happening in those numbers and I no effort by the campaign to get new voters to register.

Offline sinkspur

Wouldn't we see all these new voters in new voting registrations in the various states? Last I checked, nothing spectacular is happening in those numbers and I no effort by the campaign to get new voters to register.

The only stories I found (and they are few months old) indicate that Trump is driving Hispanic voter registration, especially in Florida:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/03/09/democratic-edge-in-hispanic-voter-registration-grows-in-florida/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/09/hispanic-registration-is-up-in-at-least-three-states-but-not-only-because-of-donald-trump/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Crazieman

Can the monster vote overcome the undead vote?
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Polly Ticks

Good Lord, man.  We're talking politics here.  Why would you attempt to interject logic into the discussion??

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline bolobaby

Folks, if these absentee ballots are coming in for people who have never voted before, you can be sure that a large percentage is actually fraudulent votes for Hildabeast.

If you watch ANY of the vids on how to libs steal votes, they START by going after voters who DON'T vote because that decreases the chance they will be caught.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

Oh, and pay close attention to this little tidbit:

"More than a quarter of those votes came from Floridians who had not voted in the last four primaries and another 20 percent from people who voted in just one of the last four primaries."

Uh... seriously? Has ANYONE ever looked at turnout numbers for primaries vs the general? Even as it pertains to absentee ballots? There is ALWAYS a significantly larger percentage of general election voters. In other words: voters who didn't vote in the primaries.

This is a YUGE nothingburger from our supermarket stockboy site.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I understand that one must register to vote.  Folks who've never registered before likely won't register this time around either.

But - in recent Presidential elections, what percentage of REGISTERED voters haven't bothered to show up?   That seems to the be the measure of the so-called "monster vote".   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I think he may be right.....

HonestJohn

There is evidence that Hispanics are registering to vote in droves this election cycle.

Trump royally insulted them.

That groundswell is, more likely, against Trump.

HonestJohn

I think he may be right.....

Cthulhu crushes your *PUNY* monsters!!!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Cthulhu crushes your *PUNY* monsters!!!

Trump definitely has the Cthulhu vote locked up.