Author Topic: Trump sparks outrage with tweet about Dwyane Wade’s cousin’s death  (Read 4718 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump sparks outrage with tweet about Dwyane Wade’s cousin’s death
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 07:09:00 pm »
Democrats politicize shootings all the time and never get called on it, like Trump was here.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 08:41:32 pm »
One of the enduring mysteries of this campaign is, why hasn't Trump's campaign team cut off his thumbs? 

Seriously, Trump's twitter account is responsible for at least half of his gaffes.

They tried to control his tweets, but he told them "you are not the boss of me!"

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 08:47:27 pm »
Maybe if that "outrage" was turned more towards the blacks that keep killing other blacks, maybe there could be some progress.

But NOOOOO,  let's just get outraged at the white guy.

geronl

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 08:47:53 pm »

Your post is confusing. All the text is inside GeronL's quote. Could you try posting again please? This time, please be kind enough to type your response outside the formatting tags for the quote you're attempting to reply to. Thanks.

:silly:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 10:06:50 pm »
Democrats politicize shootings all the time and never get called on it, like Trump was here.

Show me any shooting, I'll show you a politician (regardless of party) ready to politicise it in one
or another way. And people wonder why I think politics and government are the nation's largest
organised crime family.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2016, 10:12:35 pm »
They tried to control his tweets, but he told them "you are not the boss of me!"

:silly:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 02:36:30 am »
This is almost surreal. Like wow what is there no to understand?????  There is outrage at trump because his tweet was low, sleazy and in extreme poor taste. Hello there should be outrage. Actually there should be an avalanche more of outrage, but the GOP is now gutless to calling out his crap.

There is also outrage about black on black crime as there should be and there probably should be more. But to use that as a defense against the outrage and disgust of trump and what he tweeted is ridiculous.   :chairbang:

I reserve outrage for what people DO....not what they say.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 08:32:01 am »
Obama is a major narcissist.  But he has self-control.
Obama has a teleprompter. Trump is off script.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2016, 08:35:15 am »
Oddly enough.....it's the exact same prism through which Obama sees everything.  I guess you've seen one narcissist, you've seen em all.
What is really interesting is that his fans, the real hardcore, not just those voting to stop Hillary, see through the same prism as the Obama supporters...A real fill in the blank with what you want candidate.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2016, 08:37:33 am »
I have dabbled in rewriting songs,with some of them being quite witty and funny I'm told.   But this one stumps me.  I have tried to change the iconic Ebony and Ivory song to Ebony and Burt Umber, but do you know who hard it is to match words to burnt umber?
Ebony and burnt umber
much the same as dumb and dumber...

It's a lot easier than finding a rhyme for "orange"
Closest I ever got was "door hinge"

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 08:52:20 am »
Maybe if that "outrage" was turned more towards the blacks that keep killing other blacks, maybe there could be some progress.

But NOOOOO,  let's just get outraged at the white guy.
Those guys won't put their stuff in the media unless they put it on Facebook.
Sure, there is outrage at the Democrat controlled and created war zone in South Chicago. A lot of gun control measures are 'justified' by statistics generated by that slaughter. My being outraged by that won't change it, I'm just a white guy in North Dakota, another 'flyover country hick' to city folks who don't know me. The people in Chicago have to change that mess there. The Government can't--even though it helped create the problem (how's that Great Society working out for y'all?).

All that said, the "white guy" you are talking about here is not some billybob slackjaw from Buttscratch, wherever, he is a supposedly socially sophisticated person running for the office of President of the United States of America. If he can't avoid the sort of self-serving nonsense which he ladled on a tragedy without apparent basic consideration for the feelings of friends and family of the victim, is he really the person you want in the Oval Office?

A tweet of his condolences for the family might have been a bit more apropos, ya think? Just the source would have been sufficient for the ad value. Bragging that blacks are going to vote for him because some innocent was gunned down in a turf war isn't likely to do anything but draw fire. Sometimes acting like a bad schoolkid just gets you in the corner with a dunce hat.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 10:34:13 am »
Ebony and burnt umber
much the same as dumb and dumber...

That was pretty good.  Got a chuckle out of it.  Very possible I'll be writing you in for President in November.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 11:12:39 am »

A tweet of his condolences for the family might have been a bit more apropos, ya think? Just the source would have been sufficient for the ad value. Bragging that blacks are going to vote for him because some innocent was gunned down in a turf war isn't likely to do anything but draw fire. Sometimes acting like a bad schoolkid just gets you in the corner with a dunce hat.

Trump, or someone with access to his Twitter account (Conway? Ivanak?), did Tweet condolences, but that was an hour after the initial Tweet, after he got a lot of criticism for the insensitivity of the first one.

Trump Campaign Manager Doesn’t Even Try To Defend Him Over Dwyane Wade Tweet

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-dwyane-wade-campaign-manager_us_57c2e8e9e4b04193420f89c5

More pandering for the black vote on Trump’s Twitter account this morning:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Today is the 53rd anniversary of the March on Washington - today we honor the enduring fight for justice, equality and opportunity.

Trump needs to be careful.  Tweets like that will anger his #WhiteGenocide #DukeForSenate #AltRight #/DailyStormer followers.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 12:09:29 pm »
A note of sympathy towards Dwayne Wade's family would have been nice, ya think?
He couldn't do that for some reason.
It truly is all about Trump.
Sad to watch.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2016, 03:26:58 pm »
I reserve outrage for what people DO....not what they say.

What Trump DID was to take time out of his busy campaign -- for the presidency, you'll recall -- to do a bit of trash-talking via Twitter about a poor dead girl.

That's DOING, sir.