Author Topic: Target Cries 'Uncle,' Begs Shoppers to Come Back  (Read 1834 times)

rangerrebew

Target Cries 'Uncle,' Begs Shoppers to Come Back
« on: August 27, 2016, 03:26:31 pm »
Target Cries 'Uncle,' Begs Shoppers to Come Back
By Michael Walsh August 26, 2016
chat comments
(AP Photo/Alan Diaz)

Sin in haste, repent at leisure:

Target is launching a first-of-its-kind one-day sale to try and boost back-to-school shopper traffic amid a boycott over its bathroom policy. The retailer is offering a 10% discount on everything in its stores and online on Sunday. Target is calling the event #TargetRunDay.

It marks the first time Target has ever offered a 10% discount both in stores and on its website. The sale comes after Target last week reported its first quarterly traffic decline in more than two years.

This is what happens when you blindly hop on the social-justice bandwagon without consulting your customers, understanding their mores, or giving a damn about what they think. Serves Target right. Drive by any Target store since the "transgender" policy went into effect and witness an ocean of empty spaces in their parking lots.

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2016/08/26/target-cries-uncle-begs-shoppers-to-come-back/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:27:36 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Target Cries 'Uncle,' Begs Shoppers to Come Back
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 03:34:36 pm »
Now that is an enticement, 10 whopping percent.  10% for having put so many females, or he/shes, or whatever at risk.  10% for jumping on the Obama bandwagon almost before the words out of his mouth.  10% for playing politics instead of retailing and put every employee's job at risk and well as the company's existence.  I think we can see the original problem to begin with, ACORN wannabe management. :tongue2:

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 04:00:11 pm »
Just because Target is as perverted and unreliable as Donald Trump they think people will forgive their transgressions?

I hope they don't.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 04:41:07 pm »
Just because Target is as perverted and unreliable as Donald Trump they think people will forgive their transgressions?

I hope they don't.

I haven't been in one of their stores since they followed Obama like lemmings and don't plan to ever return.  If not the bathroom issue the management will find another stupid liberal wagon to jump on.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 01:42:37 am »
geronl's post (which I only saw because of ranger's reply to it), is the prime example as to why he is on my "forever ignore" list.

Can't make a comment anywhere without the Trump Derangement Syndrome showing.

Get help, geron!

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 01:57:47 pm »
Attributing the decline in Target sales entirely to the company's ill-considered embrace of leftish gender politics overlooks the fact that at the same time, the company shut down one of its most attractive discount programs.  Prior to replacing its own pharmacy operations with in-store CVS pharmacies, Target had a program that gave a 5% discount on a day's purchases -- no limit on amount -- (stacked with the 5% off for using their credit card to give just shy of a 10% discount) whenever one filled five prescriptions.  The premium program now offered is a $5 gift card when one fills 10 prescriptions. 

I moved all my prescriptions to the local Kroger affiliate that gives "fuel points" -- two prescriptions filled get $0.10 off per gallon of gas, ten giving $0.50 off per gallon -- about the same value as the new CVS/Target program if you only fill a 10 gallon tank, but we fill a 10 gallon and a 12 gallon (and occasionally some gas cans) bringing both vehicles in so the discount applies to both, and it also stacks with other ways of earning "fuel points".  It is nowhere near as valuable to me as the old Target discount program, but much better than what they now offer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:01:10 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 03:12:47 am »
Target pleads the case that consumers are to blame as they are challenged, Apple products is causing decline, and that they need to prevent anyone from bringing firearms into its stores to make it a 'family-friendly' atmosphere, while permitting men free access to children's restrooms.

Do not believe for a second that there will be no problem as Target builds single-family restrooms, as they will not allow these to be accessed to the public, but reserved for themselves.

Bad company that is going into the toilet.  To survive, they must replace management.

If they do not, they will go the way of Montgomery Ward, except not as nicely.

Prior posts.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,221103.msg1020287.html#msg1020287

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,206840.msg882834.html#msg882834
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:32:45 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 03:25:09 am »
Attributing the decline in Target sales entirely to the company's ill-considered embrace of leftish gender politics overlooks the fact that at the same time, the company shut down one of its most attractive discount programs.  Prior to replacing its own pharmacy operations with in-store CVS pharmacies, Target had a program that gave a 5% discount on a day's purchases -- no limit on amount -- (stacked with the 5% off for using their credit card to give just shy of a 10% discount) whenever one filled five prescriptions.  The premium program now offered is a $5 gift card when one fills 10 prescriptions. 

I moved all my prescriptions to the local Kroger affiliate that gives "fuel points" -- two prescriptions filled get $0.10 off per gallon of gas, ten giving $0.50 off per gallon -- about the same value as the new CVS/Target program if you only fill a 10 gallon tank, but we fill a 10 gallon and a 12 gallon (and occasionally some gas cans) bringing both vehicles in so the discount applies to both, and it also stacks with other ways of earning "fuel points".  It is nowhere near as valuable to me as the old Target discount program, but much better than what they now offer.

Yes, other problems like this is indicative of poorly-run management.

Making transgender shoppers which represent less than 01.% of shoppers happy while ignoring the others, spending $20mm to overcome with single family rooms but allow local employees to reserve for themselves, the pharmacy problem you bring up are all self-inflicted/.

Patterns have developed, all pointing to a poorly-run business.

Let them sink.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 03:28:58 am »
I can't be bought off for 10%.  I have scruples.