Author Topic: Mentions  (Read 5906 times)

Offline JustPassinThru

Re: Mentions
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 02:51:50 am »
I don't receive any mentions - and I've had several.

I'm guessing it's this browser.  It hasn't worked since I've been here, although it works on some other sites with other board software...so it's probably incompatibility with the browser.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 03:44:17 am »
I don't receive any mentions - and I've had several.

I'm guessing it's this browser.  It hasn't worked since I've been here, although it works on some other sites with other board software...so it's probably incompatibility with the browser.

Mentions are shown on your profile page.  If you click on the "Profile" button on the main menu, you should be taken to your profile, and should be able to access your mentions there.

I'm working up a new theme for the forum that will make it easier to see if you have any mentions from the main page itself.

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 01:23:44 am »
How do I turn off mentions?  They are very irritating and mainly used by trolls to spark flame-wars.

HonestJohn

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 01:41:40 am »
How do I turn off mentions?  They are very irritating and mainly used by trolls to spark flame-wars.

Anybody?

I don't particularly want to have a (enter number of mentions here) next to the 'Profile' link.  It keeps glaring at me, saying "Click Me!!!"

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2016, 01:59:17 am »
Anybody?

I don't particularly want to have a (enter number of mentions here) next to the 'Profile' link.  It keeps glaring at me, saying "Click Me!!!"

What are you afraid of?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 02:01:30 am »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2016, 02:07:19 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 02:12:53 am »
I assume that is a joke.  Hahaha.  He just doesn't want to be bothered with them since they are so frequently used just to coax him back into a flame war.  Or something like that.  I like the mentions, but I can understand his point.

You mean like those politic threads where people call each other names and swear at each other?  Yeah, I can see that. It is pretty silly to fight over things like that.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 02:14:42 am »
Is this you, bigheadfred? 

:smokin:

I wish I had that much energy. Are you trying to tell me something/ can you be specific/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2016, 02:40:11 am »
No..I'm just joking around with you, silly.

I want to say something. I spent about 14 months living in Egypt when I was 22-23. My dad went to work on a USAID project, part of the Camp David Accord. Anyways I spent a lot of time talking to Egyptians. Hanging out in the tea shops, etc. I learned tons about islam. It isn't the people. It is islam that is the problem. I consider myself to be a very spiritual person and I couldn't find that in these people  because of their ideology. It is SAD. There is no growth. islam contributes nothing to civilization or "religion".  And it isn't that islam is evil. It has the POTENTIAL to do great harm. So it does. You can't talk these people into giving it up. Contain it. But obama and GWB made that impossible and ignited that POTENTIAL immensely. I foresee it taking 4-5 billion lives to let it run its course, or more.. And worldwide devastation. That is the potential at its height. That is what they want. That is their goal. So maybe the best thing is to let Christ do his thing. Its his gig. And after the way He got treated last time He is probably ready for some pay back. But the waiting is the hardest part. I don't know. It doesn't make me feel good to come to the conclusions I do. The alternative, to me, is so much more horrifying.  Ask John to read this. I get that you people disapprove. People disapprove of many things I say. So what.  Hell, who knows, there might be a chance we agree on many things. I consider you people worth  my time to find out.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 06:40:57 am »
I want to say something. I spent about 14 months living in Egypt when I was 22-23. My dad went to work on a USAID project, part of the Camp David Accord. Anyways I spent a lot of time talking to Egyptians. Hanging out in the tea shops, etc. I learned tons about islam. It isn't the people. It is islam that is the problem. I consider myself to be a very spiritual person and I couldn't find that in these people  because of their ideology. It is SAD. There is no growth. islam contributes nothing to civilization or "religion".  And it isn't that islam is evil. It has the POTENTIAL to do great harm. So it does. You can't talk these people into giving it up. Contain it. But obama and GWB made that impossible and ignited that POTENTIAL immensely. I foresee it taking 4-5 billion lives to let it run its course, or more.. And worldwide devastation. That is the potential at its height. That is what they want. That is their goal. So maybe the best thing is to let Christ do his thing. Its his gig. And after the way He got treated last time He is probably ready for some pay back. But the waiting is the hardest part. I don't know. It doesn't make me feel good to come to the conclusions I do. The alternative, to me, is so much more horrifying.  Ask John to read this. I get that you people disapprove. People disapprove of many things I say. So what.  Hell, who knows, there might be a chance we agree on many things. I consider you people worth  my time to find out.
Funny thing about the oil patch. I ended up working and living in an 8X32 space with an Algerian. If he is (and from what I have read since, he is) typical, no one, and I mean no one (except maybe an Imam) is going to change those folks' minds about anything.

For all those who talk about negotiating, keep in mind that whoever appears to be making concessions is making them to facilitate achieving an eventual goal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 07:30:08 am »
I can't agree with your conclusion because I see judgment on these matters as God's business, not mine.  Society must punish the murderers and their support team.  Beyond that, vengeance belongs to God.   He will repay.  One day we will all stand before Him and be judged.  No one else's sins will excuse our own.  Just seek to know Him yourself.  You can share the truth with others but you cannot force faith or remove faith by force.  It is a heart issue. 

The same Constitution that protects their right to practice Islam protects your right to practice your faith.  If because we see their faith as evil we feel free to kill them or at least banish their faith, then what's to stop someone else from seeing our faith as evil and seeking to banish it?  Already Christianity is under attack in this country.  No, I will not be party to suppressing the free exercise of religion, even that with which I disagree profoundly.

As far as I am concerned, you and I are fine.  So don't worry about it.  I understand what you are saying.  I hope you keep thinking about it.  But we agree on other things.  Don't worry about me.

So if Nazis had prayed to a God of its making and therefore was called a religion we should not screen people who hold those beliefs before entering the country and becoming citizens? Islam is more than a religion. It is a form of government that supersedes all aspects of life. Islam is not a form of government that is compatible with self governance, our constitution or liberty in general. Wherever Islam gains a foothold and then gains power it enslaves everyone one else that does not submit to it. Islam literally means submission and its followers as a whole always eventually reach the point of demanding it of others.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 07:36:30 am »
Anybody?
It keeps glaring at me, saying "Click Me!!!"

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 12:02:58 pm »

HonestJohn

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 09:28:48 pm »