Author Topic: Shock Poll: Trump Gets 20 Percent of Black Vote in Florida Poll; Leads Clinton Overall 43 to 41  (Read 2760 times)

Offline unknown

Shock Poll: Trump Gets 20 Percent of Black Vote in Florida Poll; Leads Clinton Overall 43 to 41

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/shock-poll-trump-gets-20-percent-black-vote-florida-poll-leads-clinton-overall-43-41/

Kristinn Taylor
Aug 24th, 2016

Twenty percent of African-American voters in Florida support Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump according to a poll released Wednesday by Florida Atlantic University.

The poll hit as Trump is visiting Tampa for a mid-day rally at the State Fairgrounds.

The poll shows Trump with a two point lead of rival Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, 43 to 41 percent, within the poll’s 2.7 percent margin of error. Clinton has the support of 68 percent of African-American voters in Florida. 1200 registered Florida voters were surveyed from August 19-22.

{.. snip .. }

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

FAU Poll?

How often do they poll? What is their track record? How accurate were they in 2008 and 2012?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

FAU Poll?

How often do they poll? What is their track record? How accurate were they in 2008 and 2012?

Typo. Actually a FAUX poll...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Wingnut

Go away Mescoline.  Your time is up here.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Is the FAU poll press release link at the Gateway Pundit page working for anyone?  I found that odd, especially as Hoft reported on two fake polls in the past week and now he reports on one that we can't go to the link and validate it.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Go away Mescoline.  Your time is up here.
Stay alert there are others evils in this world; perhaps mechanical warriors from the underworld.  :whistle:

I think FAU stands for Facts Are Unnecessary.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Is the FAU poll press release link at the Gateway Pundit page working for anyone?  I found that odd, especially as Hoft reported on two fake polls in the past week and now he reports on one that we can't go to the link and validate it.
That's a big negatory there hoss.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online DCPatriot

So...only polls that support NeverTrump opinions/predictions are valid.....do I have that right?      :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  3h3 hours ago
Trump should be touting FAU poll of Florida. First good polling news he's had in a while. But without PA he has no chance to win.

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  2h2 hours ago
Folks, if Trump needs 20% of blacks and 40% of Hispanics to win FL by only 2 points, he probably ain't winning FL.

Steve Deace Retweeted Steve Miller
He should tweet it. It's the best polling news he's had in a while, even if the methodology is fantastical.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So...only polls that support NeverTrump opinions/predictions are valid.....do I have that right?      :whistle:

Nope, it is just hard to tell what is valid and what isn't when Gateway Pundit doesn't provide a working link. They don't even list the margin of error that I noticed (for all we know, that is over 3-4%, outside normal poll acceptable numbers).

The two mentioned before that were fake were overtly fake, not just biased. Fake websites set up recently with no data, no methodology, and no track record at all.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,222017.msg1029295.html#msg1029295

The Florida poll was conducted Aug. 19-22. The polling sample was a random
selection of registered voters. The Democr
atic primary consisted of 364 registered
Democrat likely primary voters with a margin
 of error of +/-5.1 pe
rcent at a 95 percent
confidence level. The Republican primary cons
isted of 327 registered Republican likely
primary voters with a margin of
 error of +/-5.4 percent at a
95 percent confidence level.
The General election poll consisted of 1,200 re
gistered likely voters with a margin of
error of +/-2.7 percent at a 95
percent confidence level. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
@AbaraXas

http://business.fau.edu/departments/economics/business-economics-polling/bepi-polls/index.aspx

Poll Data is in xls file @ link (i.e. Results).  Of the 1200 polled, 158 were Black (13 GOP, 101 Dem, & 44 Independent).

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Online DCPatriot

Nope, it is just hard to tell what is valid and what isn't when Gateway Pundit doesn't provide a working link. They don't even list the margin of error that I noticed (for all we know, that is over 3-4%, outside normal poll acceptable numbers).

The two mentioned before that were fake were overtly fake, not just biased. Fake websites set up recently with no data, no methodology, and no track record at all.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Folks, if Trump needs 20% of blacks and 40% of Hispanics to win FL by only 2 points, he probably ain't winning FL.

That's the bottom line.  If he's getting that kind of support from blacks and Hispanics, he should be winning in a rout.  What he's apparently losing are millions of white voters.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bolobaby

If any poll is showing Trump getting 20% of the black vote, you simply know the poll is complete and utter BS.

Case closed on this one.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:05:06 am by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

If any poll is showing Trump getting 20% of the black vote, you simply know the poll is complete and utter BS.

Case closed on this one.

Not for the Trumpanzees.