Author Topic: 10 Shocking Facts About Multilevel Marketing Schemes  (Read 1404 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
10 Shocking Facts About Multilevel Marketing Schemes
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »
I know most here wouldn't fall for these scams, but they are a personal pet peeve of mine.

Everyone has heard of a “sure thing” that will make them rich, such as the advertisements for getting rich on the Internet. The vast majority of us know that these are just scams, but for others who are desperate, they seem like lifesavers. Many of these advertisements are for multilevel marketing companies (MLMs) like Amway or Herbalife, which have infamous reputations...

http://listverse.com/2015/11/26/10-shocking-facts-about-multilevel-marketing-schemes/

One big thing that will shock a lot of people, many of these programs have a 99% failure rate.  What the article doesn't state is the failure rate is built into their business model- they want people to buy into the program and fail- they make the most money off those buying into the program, but if they fail, they don't have to pay commissions.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About Multilevel Marketing Schemes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:28:45 pm »
I was surprised to see just how much money and how influential the DeVoes are. Anytime someone wants you to start selling stuff for them instead of buying it, run. If they mention supplements run faster.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About Multilevel Marketing Schemes
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432709/donald-trumps-american-communications-network-multi-level-marketing-boondoggle

Trump was friends with the owners, they paid him millions to promote it, he even highlighted the product on an episode of the APPRENTICE... but when it was outed as an MLM he suddenly never heard of it.....

geronl