Author Topic: The 'Softening' Continues: Eric Trump defends father over 'developing' immigration plans  (Read 2719 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/eric-trump-defends-father-over-developing-immigration-plans/article/2600068?custom_click=rss

Eric Trump defends father over 'developing' immigration plans

By KELLY COHEN (@POLITICOHEN_) • 8/24/16 11:13 AM

Eric Trump on Wednesday defended his father's stance on immigration as one that "develops" over time, and rejected the idea that Donald Trump has flip-flopped.

"Honestly, I don't think it's flip-flopping at all," Trump said of his father on CNBC. "His message has always been very clear since the beginning of the campaign: It's America first."

When questioned about Trump's comments to NBC News' Chuck Todd last August that illegal immigrants all "have to go," Eric Trump said his father's plans have been evolving.

"I think it develops. And I think he's going to come out and speak, you know, very, very specifically about it. He has a couple immigration speeches coming up, as you know very well," he said.

Subscribe today to get intelligence and analysis on defense and national security issues in your Inbox each weekday morning from veteran journalists Jamie McIntyre and Jacqueline Klimas.

"But again, his message is America first. He will build a wall. Believe me. I mean, he will build a wall," Eric Trump added.

In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity Tuesday night, Trump indicated he's open to "softening" in his hardline plan to deport all 11 million illegal immigrants, but wasn't more specific.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Offline sinkspur

He has a couple immigration speeches coming up, as you know very well," he said.

Actually, he doesn't.  He cancelled them both.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Actually, he doesn't.  He cancelled them both.

Trump/Flaccid 2016
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:44:07 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline sinkspur

Coulter's book is out today "In Trump We Trust."

Trump's immigration confusion seems timed to cause her the maximum level of humiliation.

As Rick Wilson put it last night, she represents the "wacky spinster demo" of the Trump movement.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Trump's immigration confusion seems timed to cause her the maximum level of humiliation.

As Rick Wilson put it last night, she represents the "wacky spinster demo" of the Trump movement.

She's a liberal who pretends to be a conservative in order to sell books.  She's fighting to stay relevant and seems deathly afraid people will forget who she is.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Can't wait to see all the stuff in her new book on how great and solid Donny is on immigration. Walls and deportations. It will be hilarious.

Offline GrouchoTex

Same one who told us how great Christie and Romney were, too.
Heckuva track record, I gotta say...

Silver Pines

This is hilarious.  Her book will be discounted to 75% off by November.

geronl

This is hilarious.  Her book will be discounted to 75% off by November.

by September it will be found exclusively at fine thrift shops

Offline montanajoe

My eyes aren't what they used to be, I read that as "in Trump we Toast"...

My first thought was geez she saw the light, but guess not. :shrug:

Silver Pines

Lol...it'll make good packing material.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Lol...it'll make good packing material.

Not really. I'd be afraid that the person I sent the package to would think less of me for sending them something with liberal writing on it. I mean someone might see words on the packing material and read it out of curiosity.

I couldn't live with the shame.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Does Milo represent the "wacky sphincter demo"?

Silver Pines

Not really. I'd be afraid that the person I sent the package to would think less of me for sending them something with liberal writing on it. I mean someone might see words on the packing material and read it out of curiosity.

I couldn't live with the shame.

Well, that's true...I didn't think of that.  Especially if they saw the part in her last book where Ann said that abortion doesn't matter until we get the border secured.

Silver Pines

Does Milo represent the "wacky sphincter demo"?

DAMN it, there goes another keyboard!

:rolling:

Offline sinkspur

Joe Weisenthal
‏@TheStalwart
"... there's nothing Trump can do that won't be forgiven. Except change his immigration policies." -- @AnnCoulter in her new book.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Coulter: It's a 'mistake' for Trump to soften on immigration

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/292488-coulter-its-a-mistake-for-trump-to-soften-on-immigration

Coulter said Trump's recent comments about softening "sounded very consultant to me."

“This could be the shortest book tour ever if he’s really softening his position on immigration," she said, referring to her newly released book, "In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!"

"But I don't think he is," Coulter added, noting she still trusts the GOP nominee.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Soon to be found propping up wobbly tables everywhere, just a continuation of propping up something wobbly.

Offline Fantom

Oh Donny Boy, your walls
your walls are fallin'.
From Glen to Dale,
you give away the countryside.

Oh Donny Boy,
The mariachi bands are plain'.
and to your S'porters I stand.

I Stand to say I told you so.

Oh Donny Boy... you lied ..

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass