Author Topic: Trump backs militarization of police agencies.  (Read 3753 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump backs militarization of police agencies.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 09:19:49 pm »
I'm  a hopeless optimist who still thinks man kind yearns for freedom and that none are so unhappy as those whose means of living lies in the outstretched hand of another.

@Idaho_Cowboy

Nobody will ever yearn for something they have never had and don't understand. What they yearn for is "more of the same". In this case,it means a larger welfare state with them getting more for doing less.

I think a true teaching of American history would go a long ways towards that end, but that may never happen in our schools again.

You're right. It wasn't even being taught when I was going to school in the 50's and the lies COULD have been challenged. Now the lies are accepted as gospel,and nothing is going to change them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 09:57:58 pm »
I'm no Trump fan, but am tired of headlines that don't match the content of the story.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 10:09:42 pm »
Or we could try to appeal to all with a message of freedom and liberty.

This.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 12:52:40 am »
sneakyPete wrote:
"All of American is going to look like South Africa or Rhodesia 20-30 years from now,or a degraded modern day Detroit/St.Louis,with war lords running things.
Chances are the Western Europe will be in the same boat,too. I suspect eastern Europe,specifically Russia will be the only safe place for whites to live."

Sadly, I believe you are correct in your predictions.
Include in your list of safe places Australia and New Zealand, if both those nations wake up in time.

This future IS NOT the fault of the migrants surging into America, Canada, and Western Europe.

It IS clearly the fault of the Euros and Euro-Americans, who have abandonded:
1. Their faith (Christian faith)
2. Their belief in their own goodness and rightness in a hostile world
3. Their faith in their own future, as evidenced by a low birthrate
4. Their faith that "Western" values are superior to all others, with no regrets in that belief.

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves"

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 01:05:48 am »
I'm no Trump fan, but am tired of headlines that don't match the content of the story.

It's all they've got.

I'll bet money that if indeed that's an exact quote for March, 2016, the previous days had a violence committed by protestors on his supporters.

I'm sure he meant that if you commit theft or assault while protesting, you should get a billy club to your skull.

Teach these MFers some respect.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 04:53:37 am »
OK, on this one I agree with Trump - and I think at least 14 or 15 of the other former 17 candidates which would weigh in with the same conclusion.

We have had this debate before here on TBR, long before the election season and Trump had a chance to weigh in on it, and I am one that was and still is for allowing police and sheriff departments access to whatever they need - within reason.  I need look no further than the North Hollywood shootout an armed confrontation between two heavily armed and armored bank robbers and officers of the lightly armed LAPD.    "militarization" is a scary word they keep throwing into this story and it is an over dramatization. 

I also understand that there is a certain percentage of Libertarian-leaning conservatives who have a huge mistrust in police and the powers given them to enforce the law. I'm not going to win the argument with them here and I'm not going to try. Just giving my humble opinion on the matter. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 05:44:18 am »
What the hay?
Looks like he baled out on another straw poll.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 03:52:54 pm »
It's all they've got.

I'll bet money that if indeed that's an exact quote for March, 2016, the previous days had a violence committed by protestors on his supporters.

I'm sure he meant that if you commit theft or assault while protesting, you should get a billy club to your skull.

Teach these MFers some respect.

Trump, he never says what he means.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour