Author Topic: How Will Conservatism Advance with 20 Million Illegals Made Democrat Voters?  (Read 8968 times)

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Another meaningless argument - There is no guarantee that the Republicans would do any differently - Especially with a NYC Yankee running the show - Remember it has been the REPUBLICANS pushing for amnesty.

You failed right off the bat.  Please re-read my question.  This is a thought experiment - Hillary wins, amnesties 10s of millions.  How do you get the country back?
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

There is not a doubt in my mind that Trump will legalize the illegals too.

Another failed response.  I didn't ask if Trump was better/worse.  I asked how you plan to get the country back if Hillary wins and amnesties 10s of millions.  If you think Trump will do the same, then you can answer this one - Hillary OR Trump wins, amnesties 10s of millions - how do you get the country back?
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

geronl

Trump is the most liberal GOP nominee ever. We used to grouse that a Democrat with an R by their name would be nominated and now it has come true.

Online roamer_1

You failed right off the bat.  Please re-read my question.  This is a thought experiment -

I understood the question fine. Here again, is my answer:

Hillary Trump wins, amnesties 10s of millions.  How do you get the country back?

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

This just proves that folks who think ideological principles hinge on electing a person to high office, have everything bass ackwards.

There IS NO BRINGING CONSERVATISM BACK to a culture and population that has rejected morality and our biblical religious heritage as the foundation for a civil society.

Hillary and Trump are the FRUITS of a culture and society that have become totally corrupted and self-absorbed with hedonism and licentiousness. It explains why so many look on them as defacto dictators needed to carry out the will of their respective mobs. 

You folks are looking for political solutions to spiritual problems - and you are never going to find any remedy to what you supposedly think you seek.

Thanks, @INVAR.  First poster who answered the question.  I'll mark this as conservatism returning via Divine intervention. 

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Well, considering how Trump just named a pro-amnesty woman as his campaign manager, are you asking Trump supporters this?

No, please re-read the initial post - I clearly directed this to the #NeverTrump people.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Trump is the most liberal GOP nominee ever. We used to grouse that a Democrat with an R by their name would be nominated and now it has come true.

Noted.  To try and get this thread back on track, if Trump loses since we don't want a filthy Democrat pretending to be a Republican to win, and Hillary grants citizenship to 10s of millions after amnesty, how do you bring conservatism back? 

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

How about you tell me how you get the country back if either Trump OR Hillary amnesties 10s of millions.  If you refuse to answer, I'll assume you are not able to do so.

Offline aligncare

Noted.  To try and get this thread back on track, if Trump loses since we don't want a filthy Democrat pretending to be a Republican to win, and Hillary grants citizenship to 10s of millions after amnesty, how do you bring conservatism back?

Simple. Deploy magical thinking. Problem solved.

#NeverTrump.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

#NeverTrump.

In fairness, I don't think you're really a #NeverTrump person based on posts I've seen you make on other threads.  Shame!  Shame! :nono:

Now, so we can get a good thread like this in the Politics forum (from whence this thread was moved), please start your own heavily-editorialized news website and publish an article I can link to that asks this question.  That way, I can post a link and partial excerpt of your lightly-sourced opinion piece masquerading as real news to the Politics forum like certain others are doing on the #NeverTrump side.  Maybe you can name @don-o as your Washington correspondent - I'm sure he can gin up some "unnamed campaign insiders" to lend credence to your lightly-sourced opinion piece masquerading as real news (LSOPMARN) like the #NeverTrump folks' favorites - the New York Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post, and other such bastions of credible, unbiased, agenda-less hard journalism I'm seeing linked to over there.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:57:47 am by Liberty Tree Dr »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Thanks, @INVAR.  First poster who answered the question.  I'll mark this as conservatism returning via Divine intervention.

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. When the People once surrender their share in the Legislature, and their Right of defending the Limitations upon the Government, and of resisting every Encroachment upon them, they can never regain it." - John Adams, July 7, 1777

In modern English: you do not get the "country back".  Ever. 

You cannot have a nation with open borders and a welfare state open to them coupled with a refusal to demand assimilation as we have had for 25 plus years.

You become fundamentally transformed.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

2 Chron. 7:14 Pray earnestly for revival because what INVAR posted (see reply #21) is 100% accurate.

@INVAR
Amen to that.  And I do pray for that exact thing.  I also pray that we will receive a leader of His choosing, not our own. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is not a doubt in my mind that Trump will legalize the illegals too.
Yep.

One little ol' Amnesty and they aren't illegal any more.

>POOF!!<

No more illegals except for the ones dripping dry on the riverbank.

No problemo!

And think of all the money he'll save on that wall! It's YUUGE!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:32:12 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In fairness, I don't think you're really a #NeverTrump person based on posts I've seen you make on other threads.  Shame!  Shame! :nono:

Now, so we can get a good thread like this in the Politics forum (from whence this thread was moved), please start your own heavily-editorialized news website and publish an article I can link to that asks this question.  That way, I can post a link and partial excerpt of your lightly-sourced opinion piece masquerading as real news to the Politics forum like certain others are doing on the #NeverTrump side.  Maybe you can name @don-o as your Washington correspondent - I'm sure he can gin up some "unnamed campaign insiders" to lend credence to your lightly-sourced opinion piece masquerading as real news (LSOPMARN) like the #NeverTrump folks' favorites - the New York Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post, and other such bastions of credible, unbiased, agenda-less hard journalism I'm seeing linked to over there.
Thinly sourced?

Like Ted Cruz's five mistresses?

Or His dad being in on killing JFK?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
How about you tell me how you get the country back if either Trump OR Hillary amnesties 10s of millions.  If you refuse to answer, I'll assume you are not able to do so.

You don't. Not in its current configuration. Consider the premise of the thought experiment: Hillary or Trump is dictator and usurps Congressional authority and the Judiciary. In this scenario checks and balances failed. So the answer is not to go forward by going back, but to go forward by going forward:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:08:30 pm by The Jackal »

Oceander

#NeverTrump.

:bigsilly:

Magical thinking.  You mean like believing, against all facts, that Donald Trump is the second coming of Christ, and is going to solve all of your problems?

Offline Drewsmum

How will Conservativism advance or even survive with Trump trying to destroy such great conservatives as Cruz, Lee, Cucinelli (?)..... Trump doesn't understand conservatism,  how could he advance it?  Also,  Trump Team has a PAC who has committed to booting out the freedom caucus. 

At least people will fight for conservatism against Hillary.  With Trump, former conservatives have been accepting liberalism AND DEFENDING IT.

Offline r9etb

I would like to understand from the principled #NeverTrump members their post-2016 action plan to bring Conservatism back from the brink if/once Hillary is elected and implements her plan amnesty plan that grants citizenship to tens of millions of illegals.

Here's a better question:   why are you surrendering without a fight?

Seriously: are you suggesting that Conservatism such a weak and sickly idea that it's impossible for immigrants to understand and support it?

Think about it: a lot of illegals are coming here to work and make a better life for themselves and their families.  Why wouldn't we welcome such people into the ranks of conservatism?

And how would you go about reaching them with the message?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:13:23 am by r9etb »

geronl

Now Trump is open to legalizing them.

hahahaha

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Here's a better question:   why are you surrendering without a fight?

Seriously: are you suggesting that Conservatism such a weak and sickly idea that it's impossible for immigrants to understand and support it?

Think about it: a lot of illegals are coming here to work and make a better life for themselves and their families.  Why wouldn't we welcome such people into the ranks of conservatism?

And how would you go about reaching them with the message?

I asked you first.  That was the whole point of my post.  How are you going to turn those newly minted Democrat voters into conservatives?  How are YOU planning to reach them with the message?

Offline r9etb

I asked you first.  That was the whole point of my post.  How are you going to turn those newly minted Democrat voters into conservatives?  How are YOU planning to reach them with the message?

That's not at all what I got out of your original post, the intent of which was rather obviously to stump for Trump.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:52:35 pm by r9etb »

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

That's not at all what I got out of your original post, the intent of which was rather obviously to stump for Trump.

No, I specifically am trying to understand how the #NeverTrump people plan on turning the country around, whether Hillary or Trump wins.  I'll assume for this purpose that both Trump and Hillary will bring about lots of newly minted citizens.  How will you work on getting those new voters - who will go 9 or 10 to 1 for Democrats - to turn into conservative voters?  What's the plan?

Online roamer_1

No, I specifically am trying to understand how the #NeverTrump people plan on turning the country around, whether Hillary or Trump wins.  I'll assume for this purpose that both Trump and Hillary will bring about lots of newly minted citizens.  How will you work on getting those new voters - who will go 9 or 10 to 1 for Democrats - to turn into conservative voters?  What's the plan?

The best shot there is is Social Conservatism. Exactly what the Republicans are trying so hard to step away from.
But for now, I'll be concentrating on the Constitution party. We're a long way from having a political party to represent us, since the Republicans are epic failures at same. Likewise on the fight against liberalism and the restoration of Constitutional precepts... It's a long haul, but you've got to start somewhere.