Author Topic: How Will Conservatism Advance with 20 Million Illegals Made Democrat Voters?  (Read 8972 times)

geronl

How will conservatism advance when Trump gives them amnesty? You don't advance conservatism by voting for liberals like Trump.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No, I specifically am trying to understand how the #NeverTrump people plan on turning the country around, whether Hillary or Trump wins.  I'll assume for this purpose that both Trump and Hillary will bring about lots of newly minted citizens.  How will you work on getting those new voters - who will go 9 or 10 to 1 for Democrats - to turn into conservative voters?  What's the plan?
The question has been answered before, but here goes.

It will require the advancement of a third party to significant status, politically.  So far, that seems to be the Libertarian Party in greatest contention, but I would surmise that is partly because it is the only third party many people can name, and partly because the Libertarian Candidate is doing what he can to get prospective other third parties removed from consideration by mischaracterizing them or their candidates. (For instance, characterizing Darrell Castle as a '9/11 troofer' when he just wants the other 28 pages of the 9/11 Commission Report released (the ones dealing with Saudi connections to the incident), or presenting the Constitution Party as a Religious one when it, in fact, is centered on the United States Constitution and Original Intent).
In many cases, of the 70 odd "third" parties out there, there is no need to malign candidates not suited for the job, or platforms most conservatives would not accept.

The competition for the votes of Republicans who recognize that since Reagan, much ground has been lost, even with the GOP in charge, vis-a-vis the Constitutional Rights of American Citizens, is fierce. There are many present and former Republicans who also recognize that continually electing the most liberal of the possible GOP candidates is not serving the goals of Conservatives in the Party, and who represent a potential voter base for third parties.

It has become evident from the statements of both Hillary and Trump that there will be no reduction in the size or scope of the Federal Government during the tenure of either, and without another voice in the fray, conservatives will remain muzzled or disdained at the top of the executive branch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis