Author Topic: Dear @DonaldJTrump Do Not Respond to MSM Stories on Serbians Cheering You  (Read 3627 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In the famous quote from Star Wars: It's A Trap!

As you know, I am no fan of Donald Trump. I was one of the original #NeverTrump. I didn't like Trump back when he was still donating to Hillary and saying she would make a great President.
But even I, as a Never Trumper must call out an obvious trap that the MSM is setting for him.

In several stories today, the media is reporting that Biden is being met in Serbia with chants of "Vote for Trump". Here is an example from the Washington Post:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,221049.0.html

In all the stories, they are prominently showing the pro-Trump signs of the chanters and something big jumps out. Something the media isn't mentioning along with all the Trump shirts and signs.

Look at the name on the signs- Serbian Radical Party, the SRS. They are a hyper-nationalist, fascist party. During the Bosnian/Serbian war, they formed paramilitary groups loyal to Slobodan Milosevic (they were called the White Eagles). Many in their party were tried for war crimes, including the current SRS leader. http://myinforms.com/en/a/33847659-serbia-informs-icty-of-non-extradition-of-srs-officials/

The current SRS leader, Vojislav Seselj, actually went on trial at the Hague for genocide. He was acquitted by claiming he didn't know what his followers were doing in his party's name, but it still cemented the association of the SRS with genocide and racial nationalism.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/un-court-acquits-serb-radical-seselj/ar-BBravGV

I believe the Washington Post and other media outlets are baiting Trump and the right with this story to respond in a positive way to the chants of "Vote for Trump" in order to then come back with a big "see, they support genocidal fascists".

This is bigger than just Trump and how he looks. This could be used as an attempt to tie the Republicans with the Bosnian/Serbian genocide and make it appear that we support it. The best response is to call it out and make sure everyone is aware of who these people are who are cheering so you don't join them.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:50:07 am by AbaraXas »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I see the daily stormer bragging up Greece's Golden Dawn supporting Trump as well.

Offline Cripplecreek

The wisest course of action is for Trump to either learn about them and denounce them or declare that they aren't American voters so their apparent support is meaningless.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Cripplecreek

Nice avatar. That radiation sure shrunk that chicken rancher.

Not sure Trump can let ANY shoutout to his ego go unremarked upon.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek

Nice avatar. That radiation sure shrunk that chicken rancher.

Not sure Trump can let ANY shoutout to his ego go unremarked upon.

Nah, I've just got a remarkably large.......rooster.

geronl

The wisest course of action is for Trump to either learn about them and denounce them or declare that they aren't American voters so their apparent support is meaningless.

or he could just have no comment.

bah hahahah!  :silly:

Of course he's going to Tweet or comment on it, he can't help himself!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Related

Serb Who Inspired Ethnic Cleansing of Bosnia Leads “Vote Trump” Rally in Belgrade

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/16/serb-inspired-ethnic-cleansing-bosnia-leads-vote-trump-rally-belgrade/

Offline Cripplecreek

Related

We allowed too many of these people in eastern Europe to walk away after WWII.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
We allowed too many of these people in eastern Europe to walk away after WWII.

What would you have done with them? Disappear them in the fog of war, bigheadfred. We sold our souls in the Potsdam Agreement.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

HonestJohn

What would you have done with them? Disappear them in the fog of war, bigheadfred. We sold our souls in the Potsdam Agreement.

Interesting that you have a negative view of the Potsdam Agreement, that being the treaty agreed upon by the victors of WWII on the post-war occupation of Nazi Germany.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Interesting that you have a negative view of the Potsdam Agreement, that being the treaty agreed upon by the victors of WWII on the post-war occupation of Nazi Germany.

Re Another post.  I think there was some bitterness in letting Stalin have anything to do with it. Or as much as he did. That is all.